What was the last movie you watched?

I watched Harry Potter again.... for the millionth time... I like it... I won't lie... :D

I watched Slap Shot on Netflix last night (now that a lot of the older movies are captioned/subtitled yay!). I think the last movie I saw at the theater was 12 Years a Slave. Tomorrow aunt and I are going to see The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Oh. wait no.. It was The Book Thief we saw- 12 Years was before that.

yeah UP is a very sweet film...some teary bits yep...

right now im about 3/4 way thru "Computer Chess"

a long over due docu-style drama film about the nerdiest aspect of artifical intelligence and its race to create a working Chess program that will prove machine can beat humans in games of Grand Master level of Chess...
superb, but its NOT for everyone...well its really only for those with the real inner-nerd from the 70's 80s era.....iincluding monday night classes in hippiedom...well saw right to the end, its gone to CRAP.......why the hell they wrecked it for??/ it went from docu/dram/ to comedy (but badlu handled) to patheticism at its worst... i want my bitrates back...

^^ they used REAL GUNS (over 200) with blanks firing....
that's a good way of making shooting films
whatever

The Chinese do everything real, including hitting. One of the surprises for Japanese actors breaking into Hong Kong action films, is that the people really do hit one another during the fight scenes. FYI, because real guns are used with blanks, which are not any less dangerous, Chuck Norris, who's an avid gun owner himself and very safety conscientious, never points his gun at a an actor during a scene - even unloaded. He points to the side of the person which is obvious during certain angle shots. Just goes to show, gun safety shouldn't stop even with prop guns.

The Chinese do everything real, including hitting. One of the surprises for Japanese actors breaking into Hong Kong action films, is that the people really do hit one another during the fight scenes. FYI, because real guns are used with blanks, which are not any less dangerous, Chuck Norris, who's an avid gun owner himself and very safety conscientious, never points his gun at a an actor during a scene - even unloaded. He points to the side of the person which is obvious during certain angle shots. Just goes to show, gun safety shouldn't stop even with prop guns.

Kudos to Chuck Norris for taking precautions. Did you know that Brandon Lee, the son of Bruce Lee, died of a gunshot wound during the shooting of The Crow? :(

Kudos to Chuck Norris for taking precautions. Did you know that Brandon Lee, the son of Bruce Lee, died of a gunshot wound during the shooting of The Crow? :(

Yes, two things went wrong with that: one, his friend (Brandon's friend) was in charge of checking all the prop guns being used. The one pointed at Brandon, had one live bullet in it, not a blank or dummy round - but the real deal. Secondly, the actor opposite him in the scene, aimed the gun directly at him instead of off to the side, away from him, like Chuck Norris always does. I suspect being the gun man Chuck is that he would have also checked the gun himself rather than trust someone else - just to be on the side of safety. It was a horrible accident that was preventable in every way and never should have happened.

I went and saw Lone Survivor with my 67 year old dad. We are both hearing impaired ( hereditary ) and used the CC devices at a local AMC theatre.

When the previews started, there was someone sitting in front of us that was texting. My dad leaned over and politely said "could you please put that away?"

Everyone in the entire theater then went to great lengths to show they were turning off their cellphones. Taking them out of jacket pockets and holding up so everyone could see.

Weird ....

IMy dad leaned over and politely said "could you please put that away?"

Everyone in the entire theater then went to great lengths to show they were turning off their cellphones. Taking them out of jacket pockets and holding up so everyone could see.

Weird ....

That's actually nice. He asked for people to be polite in a nice way and not ruin the movie for everyone and people responded...positively...

That's actually nice. He asked for people to be polite in a nice way and not ruin the movie for everyone and people responded...positively...

If you haven't seen Lone Survivor, I highly recommend it. I think you would walk away from the movie fairly much the same way I did. It was a dead serious movie. It was about Marcus Luttrell, a Navy Seal that survived the bungled Operation Red Wing. 19 of his friends were all killed. The movie made me cry .... (looking around the room, bowing out my chest) but it was a MANLY cry (ducking head, embarrassed).

You could ask retired Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell what injuries he sustained during Operation Red Wings, but it might be quicker to ask which body parts were left intact.

“Shot,” he begins during a recent stop in Dallas. “Eleven through-and-through [wounds]. Broken pelvis. Broken back. Shoulder was torn out. My knees were destroyed. Pretty severe facial damage. I bit my tongue in half. My right hand was destroyed from my thumb over to my index finger.

“That’s about as much as I can think of right now.”

Luttrell, a 38-year-old Houston native, is the author of Lone Survivor, a first-person account of that fatal 2005 operation in the mountains of Afghanistan. The book is now a movie, starring Mark Wahlberg as Luttrell. As you watch it, the sheer volume of cracking bones and spilling blood may alarm you.

The true tales and wounds of a

Saw All is Lost - it's kinda boring.

I'm not sure if the writer (also director) or he wrote the character as ignorant sailor... There are many missing key stuff for survival in case of emergency - such as airhorn, boat beacon, personal beacon, etc... - even the character misused the flare.

So, the movie is just okay.........

The secret life of Walter Mitty.....
slow and tedious to start off, but putting up with it then soon i was rewarded with a good story...and travels....great, if not great from start to finish....wee bit weird, but theres weirder films out there....kind of refreshing and i like it how in the ending credits everything is simple and easy to recall, its quite lovely

an off the wall feel good film

Watched Escape and Rush last night, and getting set to watch About Time with my daughter.

I vaguely remember the accident in Rush from when I was a kid. I was big into races when I was little. Not so much now.

'Some Like it Hot' , I had seen it a number of times but there is nothing good on TV during the weekend.

Back