What Ticks You Off (Most) About Hearies?

What really ticks me off is when I dont quite understand something and when the person does repeat it they do this wacked out retard thing where the words are like

EYE SAY-AID TO GIVE ME THE NEWS PAY PER!!! - I mean just really dragging it out then using their hands in some sort retard wanna be signs. This happened to me alot growing up - I finally I got fed up one day and just did the same thing back to them-

"EYE AM SOWWY YOU ARE A WEE-TAWD!" then walked away.

I still get this occassionally but everytime I get it, I just throw it right back at them and the look on their face is like "oops".

Oh...*snort*...bwahahahhhaah! I know exactly what you mean! Since I have become deaf dealing with people who treat you like deaf equals being stupid is a never ending issue. I had to get pissy with a fellow at the check out counter at the grocery store once...he started talking treating me as if I was retarded and I got fed up and signed and said: "I am deaf NOT stupid!" He got all red faced and quit talking. LOL

Other thing I found one blog which ticked me off big time yesterday. Deaf Spirit driven out! What a nerve of pastor of Guate ( forgot how to spell this country) in South America think we the deaf people who happen to have Deaf Spirit are demon. 6 year old girl's deaf spirit left and hearing spirit came in to make her hearing?

WTF? Guatemala sounds like it needs to get out of the fucking dark ages.

Gee; "hearies" don't seem to know "they are a culture" like some "deafies".

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

What is the distinguishing features of the various "hearing cultures"-other than say "hearing"? Which is high. low. middle or Fluid/solid style of thinking to distinguish?

Big news: Bottesini: the water was wet today. The only problem too many ladies-swimming backwards. You are right- the downside of noon time swimming for the Unretireds. Also, to early for 6 hours rest in the Rocking chair.

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I grew up hearing and lost my hearing later on when 20 years old. I had two deaf friends who talked and signed but, I knew the importance of sign. I only know like 60 words and can hardly string a sentence together. I feel more of an invalid with everyone cause I cannot communicate with everyone either. I speak my own language now I guess. Even as a hearing person I was always felt like you should learn sign because that is your first language and you should learn you are deaf first and with the help of hearing aids or CI implant you are hearing second. I have always felt sorry for those know who tell me sorry for being deaf. I am not sorry no do I not feel sorry you wear classes to help you see while I wear hearing aids. (I even told a few that) Some don't believe I am now deaf because my speech has remained normal as I have always hear myself most clearly with my hearing aid then anything else. I always made when people wont make eye contact and allow me speech read (even though I suck at it) and usually tell them if you won't look at me and talk then goodbye. I do miss talking on the phone but, technology is moving so fast now with iPhone and Droid having video talking that I am okay. Music, Movie theatres all seem overrated for me anyways. I have taken my deafness in stride and will remain happy with no matter what. As long as i am living I will be content.

I don't like when hearing people expects me to adapt for them, make communication easier for them and I am not allowed to complain about it. And THEY don't even adapt to me, they don't make communication easier for me and they do complain if it doesn't go smoothly.

Why can't they do halfway? Communication is suppose to be 2 way thing isn't it? Feels like 1 way to me to some of them.

I have no time for the need to get angry at "hearies." You win some, you lose some.

Let's not get so snitty, now. Being perennially consumed with anger isn't a healthy thing to bear.

I have no time for the need to get angry at "hearies." You win some, you lose some.

Yeah, you're too busy following someone around with your nose in a dangerously close position to a certain part of their anatomy.

Let's not get so snitty, now. Being perennially consumed with anger isn't a healthy thing to bear.

Oh, I am sorry that you are an angry person. Hope you heal soon. :wave:

I see anger. But not at hearing people. Trying to suck up to hearing people; angry at Deaf people.

Back