What Song Are You Listening To?

Donovan - Universal Soldier

One of the greatest anti-war songs ever

[yt]PT6NRc37T_8[/yt]

My head is running with some tune that has lots of horns and drums. Not sure what it is. Only way to describe it is totally annoying.

'Heavyweight Champion of the World' by Reverend & The Makers

A brilliant song. Can't find a CC version, but lyrics are underneath

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlgQxK-HBGk]Reverend & The Makers 'Heavyweight Champion of the World' - YouTube[/ame]
Now that she's older
As the embers of romance fade to mortgages and leccy bills
Been comfortable and that nobody told her that she'd ever reach the stage
Where her husband bores her or she lies about her age

He's compromising, At least he's got a job for life
Get born, get school, get job, get car, pay tax and find a wife
And on that note the end can't come too soon
If you're not living on the edge you take up too much room
CHORUS: I could've been a contender, I could've been a someone
Caught up in the rat race and feeling like a no one
Could've been me in the papers with the money and the girls
I could've been the heavyweight champion of the world

At school he used to dream about being Bruce Lee
But the need for chops in the Manor Top ain't all that great you see
And so he gave up on his black belt and first Dan
As near as he got to China was a week in Camber sands
CHORUS x2
It's boring, it's boring, it might put you to sleep
Is the same old routine repeated week after week
And you work harder - work harder - You're told that you must
And you must earn a living, You must earn a crust

(Just) Be like everybody else [repeated many times]
CHORUS x2

I found a couple of songs that were translated into ASL that I like
Party in the USA-Miley Cyrus
Love Story-Taylor Swift
Already Gone-Kelly Clarkson
Potential Breakup song- Aly and AJ
those were just songs in ASL

I've been listening to Demi Lovato's unbroken cd.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg&feature=player_embedded]Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFkzRNyygfk&feature=player_embedded]Radiohead - Creep - YouTube[/ame]

This tasteless, callous, idiotic comment--posted on a deaf board no less--really has me upset.

God, you wish you were deaf??????? My last good ear blew out last Tuesday and suddenly I have been thrust into an utterly silent world that I have never known before. I'd give about anything to hear my wife's sweet, soft voice say "I love you", my parrot whistle GaGa's "Born This Way", an annoying train rumble thru town, and a thousand other sounds that I will most likely never hear again. And you flippantly say you wish you were deaf? Even in jest, this is not funny and I think you owe all the people here who are deaf or hoh an apology for your insensitive rudeness.[/QUOTE]

Stick around for a tad bit longer...
you will see more of this on the forum. we typically run off these kinds of people or they just post 1 post and leave.

I'd like to see that parrot of yours singing lady gagas born this way. It'd be a big hit on youtube. Upload it! ( a gaga fan, sort of ).

as the others have commented I too will chime in. I'm glad to be Deaf when I cannot hear my husbands farts. Smelling them is another matter though...:eek3:

as for the person saying "I'm sorry " for their comment...
I wouldn't hold my breath on it. You should visit the annoying hearing person stories on the main forum. If you thought this made you angry...:giggle: take a small visit there! :D

You have some cool taste in music Lavender! :D

I agree!

Anyone here a Nine Inch Nails fan besides me?

:)

currently listening to terrible lie from pretty hate machine album.
I've been to three of their shows and have all of the albums..
including his new project outside of nine inch nails.
check out how to destroy angels.

:) he did the facebook movie soundtrack ( which I have ) and just finished the girl with the dragon tattoo sountrack for the movie...will be getting that too!

video for terrible lie with lyrics: Nine Inch Nails - Terrible Lie [Onscreen Lyrics] - YouTube

Sadly, I don't know any of the newer music. Most of my knowing music is anything from before 2000. And most anything from between 1993 and 2000 was Christian music.

KristinaB we need to get you in to the mood of newer music you will enjoy it trust me! oh I know a good christian band now that I think of it. Skillet | Official Website: Photos, Blog, Videos, Interactive, Chat and more. - skillet.com I <3 them they are awesome. I just listen to a lot of pop songs. But I listen to international stuff because I love European music.

Thanks for the thought. I would never really "know" it as I can't hear anything. I am total deaf. So I rely only on the songs that are in my memory.

Right now, I have the Gaither Vocal Band playing all kinds of songs floating through my head.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov4epAJRPMw]J-O-H-N-N-Y C-A-S-H - I've Been Everywhere - With Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Back