What recently fell from the sky in Australia is enough to make you say

rockin'robin

Reaction score
nope, nope and hell nope

Imagine for a moment that you live in a place, voluntarily, that is known to experience a phenomenon called “angel hair” or “ballooning” where spiders migrate by raining down from the sky.

That’s what happened recently in Australia.

Goulburn, a mere two hours outside of Sydney was covered by millions of spiders and their spiderwebs seemingly out of nowhere.

This is what that looks like — the white you’re seeing is spiderwebs.

Millions Of Baby Spiders Rain Down From The Sky In Australia

Imagine waking up to find your garden, car and home are now all covered in a dense layer of cobwebs, teeming with millions of baby spiders. It’s the stuff of nightmares for those with arachnophobia....

Martyn Robinson, a naturalist from the Australian Museum told the Sydney Morning Herald that these spiders are swept off the ground by winds and travel nearly two miles in large groupings.

One commenter put it best: “Well, I know where I’m not going now.”

http://rare.us/story/what-recently-...ough-to-make-you-say-nope-nope-and-hell-nope/

well, on the plus side spiders are predators- see one eating a fly - so I suppose they are leaving whenever they stay for a while a whistle clean of any undesirables, like fly, mosquitoes, wasps, various larvae, beetles etc
although some of them might also be beneficial but oh well nothing's perfect eh.

well amazing sight, but I am sure where I am not going... :eek3:

Fuzzy

Okay, may not care for spiders much...but that looks cool :D

Back