What kind of wedding did you have(or are you going to have)?

I really enjoyed reading this thread. I must be in a wedding mood and have been doing some fun researches here and there regarding to wedding. I think it is very interesting how many of you preferred to have small and simple wedding, nothing fancy. I agreed that having a fancy wedding are expensive and a hassle. I'm thinking about having an Fall Wedding theme...But I couldn't make up my mind.

Big church wedding with reception at private club. I'm glad that we did it but I wouldn't want to do it all over again. Beaded wedding gown, white cake with real flowers, champagne, buffet food (I didn't get any!). It was traditional and lovely. We honeymooned in Banff, including Lake Louise (very beautiful).

When we renew our vows, Vegas baby!

We got marry by the JP , my daugther and my husband 2 son were the only ones there! I wore pants and a jacket and a necktie ! My family were upset they did not go ,so my older sister and mom have a party for us and we had about 40 people. I did not want a lot of fuss about getting married! The married did not work out , I kick him out of my home!!

I want to elope - don't care where! - and pay for a couple of closed loved ones to come, too, if they want. I would just rather spend money on a great time in Las Vegas or where ever rather on just one day that causes a lot of stress planning. I'm also fine with just going to the Justice of the Peace if we're short on cash or time :)

I want to elope - don't care where! - and pay for a couple of closed loved ones to come, too, if they want. I would just rather spend money on a great time in Las Vegas or where ever rather on just one day that causes a lot of stress planning. I'm also fine with just going to the Justice of the Peace if we're short on cash or time :)

Go for it!! My daughter was not happy with the way her photos came out and she spend a lot of money making the room she rented look nice! The photos came out so dark you could not see anything! I did not want all the stress either!

hubby and I got married by judge my mom knew, at park with lake, small ceremony, maybe 100 people; we wrote our vows, I wanted breaking of glass<Jewish>, we added in Unity candle to please hubbys' parents, still alive that time. No bridesmaids or anything like that, mom bought me some beautiful fabric and went to someone she personally knew as she was in field clothing retail, and has person make dress for me. I wanted something small, personal, outdoors < as close as pagan as I could come> . Neither Hubby nor I wanted in church which wouldn't have done it anyway.

<aside - sally, folks went to Banff/Lake Louise and were just in awe of it>

Back