What kind do you have ?

DeafMonkey

Reaction score
What kind do you have anti viurs program??

I have Norton 2005 but it got screw up so I wait for my cousin's husband.

Right now I am use AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic. My aunt's boyfriend who is computer whiz that he said it is best. which I have no idea lol haha.

What kind do you have? :)

I think it has been repost. :)

I got Defender Pro 2005 (15 in 1). So far it was good.

DeafMonkey said:
What kind do you have anti viurs program??

I have Norton 2005 but it got screw up so I wait for my cousin's husband.

Right now I am use AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic. My aunt's boyfriend who is computer whiz that he said it is best. which I have no idea lol haha.

What kind do you have? :)

ohh repost ? hmm who cares!!! make new thread :nana: LOL

ahhh you got Defender Pro 2005 (15 in 1)

Yes...cuz my computer acted up so idiot ass few months ago so had to get new program and now it is behaving.. :) I used to have Norton but it expired.

The worst I hate is Spyware I think. Hard to remove and it make my computer go nutso! UGH!

DeafMonkey said:
ohh repost ? hmm who cares!!! make new thread :nana: LOL

ahhh you got Defender Pro 2005 (15 in 1)

I don't use anti-virus, no need worry about it. lol...

Mama2AFTIV said:
Yes...cuz my computer acted up so idiot ass few months ago so had to get new program and now it is behaving.. :) I used to have Norton but it expired.

The worst I hate is Spyware I think. Hard to remove and it make my computer go nutso! UGH!

ohhh I have no plm with spyware .. if it is stuck then i go into safe mode to remove then back normal :D.

farmerjoe said:
for anti viurus I use AVG FREE edition

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5

If your computer is getting infected with spyware you should stop using internet explorer and start using firefox.

http://www.getfirefox.com

To clean out any spyware you have you should use Ad-Aware

http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button

All of these programs are free.

AVG wont let me download blah!!!

Firefox that I like it but booted me out so will figure it out to make stop booted me out.

PurrMeow said:
I have 2006 Norton Anitvirus.

Hopefully my cousin's hubby have Norton 2006 to install my computer hopeeee so . Right now he is sick dang! I have to wait for him to feel better.

My Norton Security 2005 began to run out ... :ugh2: I'm going to have Norton Security 2006 this week.

I use Norton Antivirus 2006 on my laptop.

No problems all the way except the first little problem popped last night. It was the Virus definitions only that was failed to update. I had this problem solved years ago. So it's the first one in a long while and will have it fixed asap.

Overall, it's great.
-------------------------
On my pc I use ZoneAlarm AntiVirus .. so far it works the best (no problem so far). It surprised me bit though it's best known as the best firewall software around.

Only I can give advice NOT to use:

McAfee .. I tried it .. bad. Same with my friends. :thumbd:

Few others like AVG I wouldn't advise so.
--------
Good choices:

Norton Antivirus, Zonealarm Antivirus, Defender Pro 2005 :thumb:

For other antivirus softwares I haven't tried so I cannot give comments on those others.

After all, it's worst and stupid not to have antivirus software on your pc or laptop. It is disaster awaiting to pop out! One friend told me that he didn't have one .. I said what? Like Edge posted here that he or she didn't have one. That's not smart. :crazy:

web730 said:
After all, it's worst and stupid not to have antivirus software on your pc or laptop. It is disaster awaiting to pop out! One friend told me that he didn't have one .. I said what? Like Edge posted here that he or she didn't have one. That's not smart. :crazy:

That depends... Mac users and Linux users won't be affected by Windows viruses, so that concern doesn't really exist for us. And since there's only a handful of Mac viruses and Linux viruses around, and they rarely circulate because of the dominance of Windows, we needn't be concerned about viruses. I'd say that many Mac owners or Linux users don't even need anti-virus software because it would only provide "protection" from Windows viruses that the user is already immune to due to different OS.

If I got a MacBook or a Linux laptop, I probably wouldn't even install ClamAV on it.

I'm using Norton Security '04. I need to update.

The only issue I have is, I have a bit of spyware on here that I can't get off. Awhile back, I went on a site that a friend gave me, and that was a huge mistake. I thought it was a safe site, but it wasn't, and I ended up with a LOT of spyware and a couple viruses. Thankfully, my definitions were up to date, and I got most of the crap off my computer. But, I still have four things of spyware on here that I can't get off.

PITA!!

hahaha

I don't need Anti-virus because it's full of bull.

There are several list that I found the problem with this anti-virus program....

1. It delete the spelling checker because it thought it's a virus and I wouldn't able to use spelling check on MS Word
2. Anti-virus cannot protect your computer, it's like condom as old quote said.. it can prevet from not get pregant but you still get HIV 1 to 2 percent or whatever.
3. Anti-virus make annoying ask you to update this and this.
4. "Would you like to register now?" It been doing every from 1 to 15 days, depend on brand that ask.
5. There is always another virus that can go thru on anti-virus' gate, it getting more smart every time.

Teresh have point that I don't need anti-virus, because I am on Mac.
lol lol lol

web730 said:

I use Norton's Antivirus 2006. for spyware I use Spybot ,and Ad-Aware

I set up a an web site for my Find-a-drug/ folding@home team members can go to find links to free Anti-virus, web browsers,ect.. smspell software page

I have a virus alert page to. It is updated everyday. Virus Alerts The Virus Alerts are from Symantecs [Norton's], Treadmicro, McAfees, and Sophos.

Please feel free to use my site. It is easier to prevent viruses, then it is to fix the damage they can cause.

I use Norton virus 2005 on pc and it is still good running. No damaged virus on pc.

My anti-virus software is F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security. One of the best AV software I've ever used.

Back