What is Your Pet Peeve?

Visiting a website or board thread and a video opens and begins playing at high volume.

Last edited:
Insincere hearing people who pretend to be listening to you (paying attention) because they don't want to hurt your feelings/can't be bothered asking you to repeat yourself. :roll::evil:''

Like, for example, this hearing guy I used to date and whom I still see daily as he lives close by, whenever Im talking to him, he's nodding his head like he understands me but then when I ask him a question (just to make sure he actually was listening to me) he still nodded like I wasn't asking him but telling him something!
That happens so many times with other people too!

When you have a million things do on the morning of your doctor's visit. You're right on time but three hours later is when you are called in to see the doctor. Grrr!

Dry spots/dry skin on my knee rubbing against jeans or any pants. Argh!

When you have a million things do on the morning of your doctor's visit. You're right on time but three hours later is when you are called in to see the doctor. Grrr!

that's why I schedule an appointment with doctor only in the morning (first couple spots) or at the end of the day. If you do it in the middle of the day or couple hours after his office opens.... yup better clear your schedule for the next couple hours. :mad2:

people who shout into their cell phones.

just like this asshole who sat behind me in the bus this morning... yapping away loudly on cellphone. The lady in front of me was pissed about that too... kept looking behind to scowl at her.

that's why I schedule an appointment with doctor only in the morning (first couple spots) or at the end of the day. If you do it in the middle of the day or couple hours after his office opens.... yup better clear your schedule for the next couple hours. :mad2:

exactly. my doctor, therapist, psychiatrist and opthalmologist all know that i only schedule appointments between 9-11 am and 3-4 pm. so far, i've never had a problem with waiting more than 5 minutes to be seen.

When someone at the dinner table fills themselves with tons of food then let's out a giant burp that everyone can hear and smell.

You when step on dog crap while walking in the grass. Get the garden hose, quick!

When you are relaxing outdoors (your patio for example) and a swarm of blood-hungry mosquitos attacks you; leaving you with dozens of ichy blisters all over your body.

The companies that are so cheap that they are not including USB cables with things you buy making you go back to store to get the stupid cable that should have been included in first place!!

exactly. my doctor, therapist, psychiatrist and opthalmologist all know that i only schedule appointments between 9-11 am and 3-4 pm. so far, i've never had a problem with waiting more than 5 minutes to be seen.

Same here. My ophthalmologist would walk in at 7:30. I was there for the very first appointment. Since I was a frequent visitor (this doctor is retired now) the staff knew to only schedule me for a 7:45 or 8:00 appointment. Also when I was older I would speed things up by doing research on the Internet beforehand and just telling the eye doctor what I thought I had (respectfully) at which point he would usually confirmed my self-diagnosis. Using the lingo was a whole lot faster than, "well, your eyeball is like a basketball. And imagine this basketball is attached to..."

Same here. My ophthalmologist would walk in at 7:30. I was there for the very first appointment. Since I was a frequent visitor (this doctor is retired now) the staff knew to only schedule me for a 7:45 or 8:00 appointment. Also when I was older I would speed things up by doing research on the Internet beforehand and just telling the eye doctor what I thought I had (respectfully) at which point he would usually confirmed my self-diagnosis. Using the lingo was a whole lot faster than, "well, your eyeball is like a basketball. And imagine this basketball is attached to..."

i did the same thing with my new psychiatrist. since i felt i had been misdiagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and then bipolar I with rapid cycling, i researched information on the internet about the different types of bipolar disorder. after asking me questions about my symptoms and looking at my mood journal, my psychiatrist accurately concluded that i had atypical bipolar I disorder with ultradian rapid cycling. i was so relieved because it was the first time i had been given a correct diagnosis since entering the mental health system in the early 90s. thank goodness for the internet!

my pet peeve are people who think i can't read or enjoy tv just because i'm blind. (i also hate it when people ask incredulously, "you have a tv in your home?")

I think it's better to make doctor says his diagnosis first. if he says something completely different from what you expect... 2 possibilities - that doctor is incompetent or he knows this better than you lol.

I think it's better to make doctor says his diagnosis first. if he says something completely different from what you expect... 2 possibilities - that doctor is incompetent or he knows this better than you lol.

this is why it's always a good idea to get a second opinion. that's what i did recently after switching to a new psychiatrist and i'm so glad i made that choice because now i finally have an accurate diagnosis after being misdiagnosed for the past 17 years.

Back