What is wrong with being Deaf?

deafdyke said:
There's a great quote from the book "I Was #87" that I have in my AIM profile:"As a person who is hard of hearing, I'm not always accepted in the hearing world. However, some Deaf people don't accept me because I can speak. Gradually I am finding a place for myself in both worlds."

Yep, been there done that and I knew what that felt like while young (my first 20 years or so). Once, I figured out my niche, then with great irony it went 180 degrees the other way. I'm now very close to the hearing world (if anything a technically hearing person) and feel the chasm from a ease of communication standpoint to the deaf world. Fortunately, I'm very comfortable being deaf (when the CI is off there ain't no other way to put it) ;) and around others who are deaf... For me that is great progress as I couldn't acknowledge that too well before.

ismi said:
Most disabled/handicapped live their lives as functionally and fully as non-handicapped. Just sayin'.

Agreed, I have a close friend who is blind. He is as well-traveled as I am (well, I haven't been to Indonesia, he has, but I have Europe, so there! ;) ), has a good job, and when I knew him, a good social life. :)

I don't bothered with being deaf, and I've enjoyed my life. That's far as what I could doing with my normal life.

I don't let anyone who trying to become "prejudges" against you or Deaf people..

They tends think Deaf people are cannot do anything more as speak or communcation.. None of true, whoever who can speak and communcation via written the paper and pen..

ASL is beauitful understanding open communcation without misunderstanding what you're taught your children ASL therefore no such thing think you're stupid..
They are dumb.

HC= Hearing Can't meaning Hearing people aren't understand Deaf "What Deaf alike being Cultures about?"

or HC.. Handicap.. No difference simliar..
What I've seen the video Deaf's point of view and opnion..

You have wonderful your life and happiness your children who loves you around your arms...
so am I....

Don't let anyone turn you down or push you down either way!

Ha ha ! blame blame on Deaf people since you need to chill out and not to worry about other people s thinking of you. Love yourself first before you can love anybody else. Thats all to it.

I ll just walk by and get through d/Deaf people that I can be friendly to anybody except audism attitude groups I ll stay away from them because I dont need their negative attitude or look down on other d/Deaf with or without CI / HA and ASL or Hearing people with a very positive attitude.

Rolling my eyes! Quit whining and look at the mirror for what you have done to those people already in here and outside of this forums.

Have a good weekend! ;)

Sweetmind

deafdyke said:
some Deaf people don't accept me because I can speak.

Really? I don't have that problem, No deaf people that I know of had ever looked down on me because I speak, as long I can communicate with them with ASl, I will get respect, if I don't use my ASL, I might won't get respect from them. I feel more fit in with both world. (Deaf and Hearing) ;)

some Deaf people don't accept me because I can speak.

Nice excuses and excuses! Blame Blame Deaf people ... Whoppeee dooo!! guess what Blame yourself first before others.

Har Har! I am Deaf and can speak.. Many of Deaf people knows I can speak and they can speak too, We all can sign in ASL. So what s your problem??

Back