What is the most annoying questions hearing people ask you?

Ive seen people say they're surprised deaf people could play games well.. like in World of Warcraft, many raiders rely heavily on vent/teamspeak, and there's this fully deaf guild that's doing impressive progress on raiding. (Even Im in a guild and I've done progressive raiding with them until they started requiring vent... the raid leader was quite surprised I'm deaf and am able to play WoW.)

Ive been asked, ONLINE, if I could read.

And if I could drive a car..

and... how am I able to be a parent of two hearing kids.

Wildhunt maybe my housemate should take a few tips from you. He does a lot of team speak to play his online games. It can often be loud and annoying for those that actually hear. Lol. Care to train him?

Well a lot of hearing people has a lot of car wrecks than deaf people do. How embarrassing.

Mainly league of legends but he plays wow and a few others. A bit of a ruckus when you're sleeping at 1am and hear shouting from the next room. Lol

As a side note... Since I am hearing I might mention the topic of emergency vehicle sirens.

When I am driving and hear that noise I usually end up frantically looking to see where the noise is coming from to make sure that I'm not in the vehicles, "line of fire". And I hate that.

Honestly I think I would respond better with the noise turned off because if you're paying attention to the road the lights are there.

And yes. We need to get off our cell phones.

not yet, but I've had junk signing or charades performed.

So have I. I've had people come up to me and tell me they know sign language and then they junk sign gibberish. It's so rude. I just roll my eyes and walk away. Not giving them the satisfaction of thinking they can rile me up.

I'm completely, 100% deaf in both ears, but all the time I get,

"can you hear the TV ok?"

me: "no . . ."

*turns it up*

"what about now?"

me: " . . ."

Why don't you demand to leave the TV at full blast for hours at end?
since you can "hear better" this way :giggle:

If they get nauseous of the noise, it's their problem not yours :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Fuzzy

So have I. I've had people come up to me and tell me they know sign language and then they junk sign gibberish. It's so rude. I just roll my eyes and walk away. Not giving them the satisfaction of thinking they can rile me up.

i get kick out signing please repeat yourself then showing them right way saying better you say it than sign until you got rudiments in future and accept my apology if ASL/BSL visa versa or langage I don't know then walk away..Got better edge if I polite
icon14.gif

Nobody asked me if I can drive.
Nobody asked me if I can read.
Nobody asked me if I can listen or dance to music.

If someone does, s/he's a fool. Otherwise, they didn't ask me those questions because they are not foolish.

I was only asked this once. And i admit the girl who asked me was smoooookin hot, literally glowing.
Do you know brail?
I was sorry to disapoint.

Yeah, been asked this a few times....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AllDeaf App mobile app

My least favorite is the "OMG you can read lips?! Why didn't you tell me?! STOP THE CAR!!" *stops car, bewildered* "Wait, i gotta find something to say that you can read!" *thinks furiously* This actually happened; not even a week ago. So frigging ignorant. How do they think i understood what was being said; my magic mental caption box?? -______-

I was only asked this once. And i admit the girl who asked me was smoooookin hot, literally glowing.
Do you know brail?
I was sorry to disapoint.

that funny one hard believe such daft people it so daft I would have forgive her

How do they think i understood what was being said; my magic mental caption box?? -______-

Thank you Sire, for making me spit my coffee out while reading the line above. LMFAO :laugh2:

I don't have much issues listening to friends while driving, sometimes I miss a few things, but they always repeat it. They don't even need to look at me as I have trained myself to understand what was being said by them.

Thank you Sire, for making me spit my coffee out while reading the line above. LMFAO :laugh2:

I don't have much issues listening to friends while driving, sometimes I miss a few things, but they always repeat it. They don't even need to look at me as I have trained myself to understand what was being said by them.

My close family and friends don't realize I trained the hearing I got let to understand them but other people I have a very hard time to.

Sent from my SM-T520 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I have been asked MANY times if I read Braille, can I drive, and someone once commented that my husband must be such an amazing person to have a Deaf wife...... haha what does that even mean??

Sent from my LGL34C using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back