What is love?

sarahshasu

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls, as a teenager I'm confused and new at this love thing.

I think I'm in love because that's the only word I have to describe it but people keep telling me I don't know what love is because I'm to young.

Sometimes I wish people would just tell me what it is and let me decide for myself if it's love or not.

So can some seasoned advisers tell me what love is?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Love is and can be many things to different people. Being able to deciper love vs lust is one of the hardest.
"Love" and "being in Love" has 2 different meanings also.
"Being in Love" to me is being devoted to each other, have a bond, being compassionate, thinking of the SO first, always being there. Strong trust, no matter where you/he is at, you don't worry or become suspicious.

Hmmm what is love? That is a very good question! I do not believe anybody knows what love is. Just basic and know and seen romantic movies or hear romantic songs.
We, adults, do not have, 100%, accurate, facts and know everything about love. We know by believing and feeling it for your specify person, not just anybody or in general.

It’s deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness. It is a feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of romance.

My belief:

Persons accept who they are.
Persons accept flaws.
Persons listen, caring and giving and receiving.
Persons who don’t make a list of problems to grudge against your love ones.

My love is when ….

I get goose bumps
I cannot stop smiling when I see him
I cannot get my eyes off from him
I’m confident looking in the eyes
I’m being so silly without being embarrassed

You will know what love is when you meet someone you fond of. When you get too excited and have butterfly in your stomach, your heart beat 5 x faster, literally. Once you experience it, you will know the rest and understand better.

My thought exactly, read below.

(Found from internet)
How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first?”
— Albert Einstein

Love is difficult to define. How do you avoid confusing it with infatuation or lust? Philosophers and psychologists both have attempted to define love, per least its difference from infatuation and lust. If you are looking to find love, the following observations may be helpful.

Love is much more than a risk, but is a risk that one can take and grasp and fall into a dark abyss or dig oneself a hole and only crawl back when you overcome your emotions.

How can one truly define what love is? Not even an experienced person can truly grasp or explain love to its truest and deepest meaning. Its concepts are just a never ending story of an open book of experiences. But love does lie in one's heart, where memories are but shadows lingering in your soul. Love is giving someone the power to break your heart, but trusting them not to.

I think I'm in love because that's the only word I have to describe it but people keep telling me I don't know what love is because I'm to young.

Sometimes I wish people would just tell me what it is and let me decide for myself if it's love or not.

No one can tell you what love is because it's a personal thing and it varies from person to person. If you feel safe, comfortable, enjoy being around this person, generally wouldn't mind spending every minute of your life through the good and the bad with this person then thats a great start.

simple advice for you -

1. if you are under 18 and your lover is above 18... if you love him/her, you will stop seeing him/her because you don't want him/her in jail, right?

2. if both of you are under 18... well talk to your mom/dad/adult for some advice but do not seek explanation from your friends. Trust me - they don't know nothing about love. Ask any adult you feel comfortable with especially mom or dad or aunt or uncle or whoever.

3. lastly.... since you said you're too young and new at this... you are not ready yet. give it some time for your rose to blossom

simple advice for you -

1. if you are under 18 and your lover is above 18... if you love him/her, you will stop seeing him/her because you don't want him/her in jail, right?

2. if both of you are under 18... well talk to your mom/dad/adult for some advice but do not seek explanation from your friends. Trust me - they don't know nothing about love. Ask any adult you feel comfortable with especially mom or dad or aunt or uncle or whoever.

3. lastly.... since you said you're too young and new at this... you are not ready yet. give it some time for your rose to blossom

Jiro -you are so ready to be a father of teenagers.

I TOTALLY AGREED WITH JIRO. As he said f you are under 18 and dating above 18 is not very good idea because of the laws. If you both are under 18, speak with adults not your peers. It was my mistake. You will find some understanding adults and will guide you.

And I want to add something. Love someone doesn’t mean must have sex.
The best time is when you at the appropriate age and feel 100% ready

I agree with Jiro and Driving Ms. Daisy.

My favorite verse in the bible about love is in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, in case you are curious:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

I agree with Jiro and Driving Ms. Daisy.

My favorite verse in the bible about love is in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, in case you are curious:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Seriously. Did the bible say that? I love this verse. I have to make a note of it and remind myself every single day. I want to give more love and receive a lot of love. Thank you for sharing this, Lighthouse77.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.395 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Well I'm almost 30 and love to me is...well there are different forms. There's the kind that you have for a family member or a friend and there is the kind (falling in love with someone). The 'falling in love' aspect of love is the kind that u have for a person that u care for deeply, always think about him and her wanting to be around him/her constantly...will do anything for that person and have a feeling of not being to live without. Age has nothing to do with it. You might not know what true love is because ur too young yes but that doesn't mean u haven't had the feeling. Its a human emotion. Age has nothing to with it...to a point. ur not 10 r ya? Ha

Back