what if fcc cut vrs already right then what you do next?

I would not say Sorenson is greedy; this is the American way of business. Sorenson is a big company and has capital (money) from their other businesses. So they can well afford to fund this VRS campaign to petition the FCC. This petition helps ALL VRS companies and they all get the same money from the FCC and they are ALL regulated by the FCC. The real question is: How much money (rate plan) do they need to operate and survive? If the rate is cut too much, then some of the VRS companies would fail.....survival of the fittest......it is possible that there are too many VRS companies to serve the deaf population. If Sorenson fails/gets out of the VRS business, it would not hurt them as they are involved in a number of other activities. If any other VRS businesses fail, that's it cuz that's all they do.

Now the only thing left is your choice of VRS. Some deaf people do not choose Sorenson because they feel that Sorenson looks at deafness as a medical model rather than the cultural model (see the complaints/concerns at Gallaudet wherein Sorenson had put up 5 million dollars toward a new building.Some people are concerned that 3/4 of the space in this new building will house speech/hearing/research, etc and 1/4 toward deaf culture/ASL.

So you see, this goes on and on; the issues are not as simple as they seem.

We all need profits! No profits = no food on table, no roof to live, no nothing. Profit was intended to survive!

You best go to college and study business and you will understand the nature behind the for profit organization. its been like that for years in USA.

Sorenson are frickin greedy, they want profit!

We all need profits! No profits = no food on table, no roof to live, no nothing. Profit was intended to survive!

You best go to college and study business and you will understand the nature behind the for profit organization. its been like that for years in USA.

naw. all Sorenson is already domain the vp business. no need big profit, all they need is.. work hard on advertisement to find more deaf who don't have VP. I know some deaf are interest to get VP and never have one yet...

It's like you seen common business. See at&t (former SBC) DSL have drop from $50 to $30 to $14.95. More customer, more money. FCC should cut it. :)

14.95 a month, that would not make VP work smoothly, it is really cheap shot that way! Sadly, you don't understand how business works, and you may not realize how much $ they spent on budget.

Running Internet business does not require much labor involved while VRS depends mostly on labor, and the cost can be astronished! See, Most of these ISP depends on computers to do all the work, so little labor is needed. Comparing to VRS, still need Relay operators, and they need money to have food on table, pays rents, etc while computer does not need food, or anything but electricity.

and don't be misleading about the Internet connectivity rate, that 14.95 is for "Lite" which only has upload speed of 128KBPS and is NOT enough for VP to run smoothly.

naw. all Sorenson is already domain the vp business. no need big profit, all they need is.. work hard on advertisement to find more deaf who don't have VP. I know some deaf are interest to get VP and never have one yet...

It's like you seen common business. See at&t (former SBC) DSL have drop from $50 to $30 to $14.95. More customer, more money. FCC should cut it. :)

I used had SBC for few years. It was low tax and $15 for 1.5 Mpbs few years later upgrade to 3 Mpbs for $15... Later AT&T bought SBC and change price $59 for 3MB. *I was testing on internet speed.* That's rip off big time and lot people complain same thing and cancel AT&T and switch to Comcast. $30 for 4 months and only 8 Mpbs. My parents is not happy with AT&T due pricey and high tax.

14.95 a month, that would not make VP work smoothly, it is really cheap shot that way! Sadly, you don't understand how business works, and you may not realize how much $ they spent on budget.

Running Internet business does not require much labor involved while VRS depends mostly on labor, and the cost can be astronished! See, Most of these ISP depends on computers to do all the work, so little labor is needed. Comparing to VRS, still need Relay operators, and they need money to have food on table, pays rents, etc while computer does not need food, or anything but electricity.

and don't be misleading about the Internet connectivity rate, that 14.95 is for "Lite" which only has upload speed of 128KBPS and is NOT enough for VP to run smoothly.

I'm saying in common sense in business that service. big whoops.

Read what Neo just said! They cut down too cheap and more complaints!, It is true and I don't like AT&T because they mislead people too much!

It is not about common sense, it is about reality, if we cut corners in business, the quality is going to decrease big time, and complaints is going to shot up. Cutting corner is not the answer to the problem.

I'm saying in common sense in business that service. big whoops.

LMAO, Amy said, "I challenged Sorenson" when she didn't realize that FCC is the one threatening Sorenson to cut rates. Sorenson did an excellent job of helping everything for deaf communities. I don't understand why deaf people are blaming on Sorenson not FCC. Of course, cutting rates will affect Sorenson.

Deaf Interpreter and Videophone

How a deaf person becoming an interpreter on VRS? It's impossible.

Yes, it sounds bad for not hiring deaf someday after they completed helping and installing the VP for their demands. Do you have a better idea for deaf people to work at Sorenson?

I don't think that we should not blame that company. It improves our communication thru the VP interpreters which is great. The only thing that I don't like to hear about taking VP away from their clients if they do not use the VRS often. That's something not right about it. You said that to us.

About the "DEAF" become an interpreter, yes it is possible! They have interpreter for fourth parties: voice, hearing interpreter, lower term interpreter, Deaf.

I can't count the interpreter who is Deaf because it just start processing and then the problem I have record doesn't show anything.

How many percent of Deaf can understand each other; I would say 30 percents. Reason; moving due job, start new life, many of one word has different sign. I have seen it and it confused amount of our time to understand what we are talking about. Like from East move to West would possible lot different sign than the Central. You can look Deafnewspaper.com by what is sign for .... It is different but sometime we don't have a common sense in some stage and the other reason Deaf can interpreter due experienced from lifestyle or more than 4 or 5 states.

You never met anyone who is Deaf that work for Sorenson? Did you met a installer and most of those installer who is Deaf. There are numbers that Deaf people who worked for Sorenson. I don't know who but I am sure there are.

Where do you see that Sorenson will take the videophone away from us? I want read that news from link or it is just brunch of gossip?

I don't like Sorenson because they're taking away the quality of Deaf education at mainstream colleges and universities. Argue all you want, I have lived in 3 different states since 2004. I know what the problem is because I saw it myself.

Sorenson is really hurting Deaf education. They'll tell you they're donating and funding schools to train more interpreters. *insert sarcastic tone here* Yay!! More jobs for hearies! But what about the Deaf people?

Really, you have to learn to think twice before you'd go support a big corporation like a headless chicken.

I already think twice before I say something about YOU!

First of all; Sorenson didn't take the interpreter away from Deaf Education or school or name one. Interpreter is one who decided to join to Sorenson as VRS Interpreter. The reason; benefit and the better pay to support family. I know some College or the school paid 5 to 9 dollars per hour. Even I know big college or famous college still get lousy interpreter because they want cheap. Blame them for that. Not just SORENSON....

It not only have College or the school has problem getting interpreter and it gone same with Hospital. The service has VRI and that no excuse that College or the school and Hospital couldn't use VRI at the first place.

About Deaf people for work while "YAY" that hearies got more job... Where do you get that idea? I met people who is Deaf that has job that earned salary while other Deaf earned base on hour. It is same as Hearies who don't have job and being a living like this. It is same thing and no different.

You should blame to Oil company that charging gas too much. You should blame to insurance that costs us alot money for health insurance to secure the family. You should blame the living of cost is high. Blaming those whoever that cost high that interpreter head to find better benefit and better pay.

Read what Neo just said! They cut down too cheap and more complaints!, It is true and I don't like AT&T because they mislead people too much!

It is not about common sense, it is about reality, if we cut corners in business, the quality is going to decrease big time, and complaints is going to shot up. Cutting corner is not the answer to the problem.

lol. ok, you win.

Come youtube tmw watch me deal with sorenson's video spamming.

Richard

No thanks. I certainly do not want to nor wish to view your masturbatory sessions of your jowling face, spitting and flapping in various places.

And, holy shit! Update your eyeglasses and clothes, please!

I already think twice before I say something about YOU!

First of all; Sorenson didn't take the interpreter away from Deaf Education or school or name one. Interpreter is one who decided to join to Sorenson as VRS Interpreter. The reason; benefit and the better pay to support family. I know some College or the school paid 5 to 9 dollars per hour. Even I know big college or famous college still get lousy interpreter because they want cheap. Blame them for that. Not just SORENSON....

It not only have College or the school has problem getting interpreter and it gone same with Hospital. The service has VRI and that no excuse that College or the school and Hospital couldn't use VRI at the first place.

About Deaf people for work while "YAY" that hearies got more job... Where do you get that idea? I met people who is Deaf that has job that earned salary while other Deaf earned base on hour. It is same as Hearies who don't have job and being a living like this. It is same thing and no different.

You should blame to Oil company that charging gas too much. You should blame to insurance that costs us alot money for health insurance to secure the family. You should blame the living of cost is high. Blaming those whoever that cost high that interpreter head to find better benefit and better pay.

Maybe you should think thrice.

Colleges and Universities are limited to the funds they get from the students' tuitions, states and federal monies, depending on the geographical locations and certain circumstances. The educational institutions cannot just raise the pay immediately for the interpreters to compete with other businesses using the same interpreters. Sorenson has been making it so easy for the best interpreters to unable to say no to Sorenson. Also, Sorenson don't care about Deaf people that much. It's a bunch of rich hearie guys who are taking advantage of the Deaf people's needs with the videophone and making it impossible for competing VRS services to hire more interpreters. That, in itself, shows Sorenson does not give a flying fuck about Deaf people's needs. It's all about the money. Once the risk of less money has become apparent, Sorenson threw a fit and sent out campaign letters, emails and vp calls to "say no to FCC".

Don't get me started on VRI. It is a service that should be used as a LAST resort. It is not viable to be used on a daily basis!

Oil and health care are not the focus nor the point of this discussion! Okay? Stay on topic!

To me this means the end of the sweet yellow brick road for the big "S" in Utah that has tried to monopolize the VRS industry and has been playing Title 15 games with the other 5 big VRS providers since then.

Richard

Even though I don't like you, Richard, I'll agree with you on that one. So, for the big "S", the yellow brick road ends and becomes the brown brick road?

Even though I don't like you, Richard, I'll agree with you on that one. So, for the big "S", the yellow brick road ends and becomes the brown brick road?

I'm just happy to have a great fan like besemiasno.

It'll become the black road as they will have to be going on the road made out of their own videophones. This means they will become heavily dependent on their videophones to keep afloat and it means they'll be really pushing on the deafies to become their worker bees to keep the videophones.

Anyways I'm happy to report I've gained a lot out of this frontline and I'm not talking about just the attention.

Richard

I'm just happy to have a great fan like besemiasno.

It'll become the black road as they will have to be going on the road made out of their own videophones. This means they will become heavily dependent on their videophones to keep afloat and it means they'll be really pushing on the deafies to become their worker bees to keep the videophones.

Anyways I'm happy to report I've gained a lot out of this frontline and I'm not talking about just the attention.

Richard

But I still don't like you. :cool:

Word's out from FCC and the VRS industry won a freeze in rates. This is not a white flag from me either.

Richard

Back