What If All the Cats in the World Suddenly Died?

I know what would happen... apes would become pets... then slaves... until they learn to talk and take over the world!!! :Ohno:

Never been a cat "lover", but we've only had 2 cats, and for some reason, they love me...(maybe it's becuz of the treats I gave/give them?)....One of our cats fought and fought to get outside, even tho' he was neutured and finally did manage to slip outside, and there were a lot of woods behind our house. Next time we saw him...he was happy as a Lark, even climbing pine trees and sitting on the back fence near the woods....We could not catch him...so we left cat food out for him, but more than likely the birds, raccoons, even possums got to it first.

Our 4 month old male "kitten" is trying the same thing. So we are extra careful when we open the doors....It's their nature to hunt for their food.

Never been a cat "lover", but we've only had 2 cats, and for some reason, they love me...(maybe it's becuz of the treats I gave/give them?)....One of our cats fought and fought to get outside, even tho' he was neutured and finally did manage to slip outside, and there were a lot of woods behind our house. Next time we saw him...he was happy as a Lark, even climbing pine trees and sitting on the back fence near the woods....We could not catch him...so we left cat food out for him, but more than likely the birds, raccoons, even possums got to it first.

Our 4 month old male "kitten" is trying the same thing. So we are extra careful when we open the doors....It's their nature to hunt for their food.

Yes, it is their nature to hunt and want to be outside. I have two cats. One is an outdoor type cat and we let her out when she wants outside. And she always hangs around near the house or at least not go very far. And meows when she wants in. My other cat is not so outdoorsy type and pretty much a scaredy cat and would come running back into the house if something spooked her. She likes to go outside and eat grass or if it's a nice day she'll lay outside very close to the house to bathe in the sunshine but she's mostly an indoor cat.

Alleycat...have a little humor. :lol:

Just the title of this thread is enough to make me wonder about the OP. Any who would even joke about this is seriously disturbed. Studies after studies have shown that people who abuse animals especially by deliberately hurting them or neglecting them are more likely to commit violent crimes against people.

This is just sick.

I remember our cats really kept the mole population under control when I was very young.

Yes, that's quite true. They are predators.

We are predators too as well. Although we don't eat sparrows, garter snakes and tiny rabbits. Hawks and coyotes eat these animals too as well.

I know i feed a lonely feral cat where i live, i know i shouldn't but even the local SPCA here will not help. all cats all living things will do what has to be done to survive, i have 3 cats and i love them so much but this cat i feed is a wonderful ,cute living creature i can't be sure how the cat came to be feral but there has to be a way to help all aniamls.

I know i feed a lonely feral cat where i live, i know i shouldn't but even the local SPCA here will not help. all cats all living things will do what has to be done to survive, i have 3 cats and i love them so much but this cat i feed is a wonderful ,cute living creature i can't be sure how the cat came to be feral but there has to be a way to help all aniamls.

Why do you think you shouldn't feed it? My daughter's two cats were both feral cats when she adopted them. It took work , but at this point they are nice indoor pet cats.

four of them were feral and they live with me. :aw: One of them were born in the home so he is a domestic home. He is meanie than the four of them. But overall hes sweet but meanie to vet or meanie to other certain kitty. :confused: what ....

rats and critters control?

yorkshire terrier is bred for that. or snakes. or ferrets. large lizards.

My new dog is part terrier and poodle and Marty loves to hunt around the yard for small animals! He want to dig the lawn up looking for rodents! It would be a very sad world if all the cats where gone! :(

Back