what has standing up for gays cost you?

no-but i would take a bullet defending it any day

You are doing the right thing. I don't necessarily think you're doing anything for the LGBT community, though. You're just doing your duty as a normal human being.

If you didn't stand up for the people being persecuted, what would you be? You wouldn't even be a decent human being if you did that.

There are many different subjects in the bible that we do not uphold, such as stoning adulterers and whatnot. The bible also states a woman has to marry the man that rapes her, do you uphold this? Why or why not? Or do we get selective with bible scripture? Of course we do.

Yeah, it's always sort of "entertaining" to see how bigoted folks will explain away the other prohibitions saying "Jesus brought a new covenant" etc. So it's okay to eat pork now, and wear mixed-fabric cloth etc., nobody suggests stoning for a woman who cheats on her husband, or execution for someone who practices birth control. But mention gays and suddenly they're hauling out Leviticus!

If anyone has any issues of me being friends with gays , I have no need for that person! I can't stand people that are bigots and I would not had lost anything if a person does not want to talk to me because they do not like my friends for their lifestyle or race!

I know people that believe is God and know the bible , and they are have gays friends! Not everyone is like you!

I have no problem visiting with gays. I just think that lifestyle is a sin and if I am asked, I would answer according to my beliefs. If you may not like the answer then don't ask!

I have no problem visiting with gays. I just think that lifestyle is a sin and if I am asked, I would answer according to my beliefs. If you may not like the answer then don't ask!

The lifestyle is not for you to be their judge, jury and executioner.

If you do not like it, don't say anything.

Sometimes things are better left unsaid and life would be a lot better without so much negativity being spoken and shared. :ty: (thank you)

Then you're being dishonest to the people you're visting! And that is wrong ! I bet the people would be really hurt and and feel misused if they knew how you really feel about them being gay! I think your lies are a sin!

This is why I avoid hypocrites.

They say one thing and only to mean another thing.

Those hypocrites actually do make the worst role models for children growing up.

Shut up... why the gay-bashing?

Everyone got a different interpretation of God and the Bible. No need to inject your view on it in a GLBT forum. Oh, you want to spread the Truth? Well, no one knows the absolute Truth until they meet their Maker upon passing.

To be honest, I'm kind of a wimp when it comes to be out. Then again being out as trans is a whole new level beyond gay. I'm out to my close friends and family but I'm not out to people I run into at the store or any of the people I work with or volunteer with. I place my personal safety first in those situations since they all know where I live and I'm already vulnerable as a blind/hoh pedestrian.

Shut up... why the gay-bashing?

Everyone got a different interpretation of God and the Bible. No need to inject your view on it in a GLBT forum. Oh, you want to spread the Truth? Well, no one knows the absolute Truth until they meet their Maker upon passing.

:ty: (Thank you)

It's very ballsy for a person to be bashing a person's lifestyle in the GLBT forum with his/her religious perspective.

Nothing short of adding fuel to the fire.

<these are somewhat rhetorical questions>

why is sometimes GBLTQ considered a "lifestyle" when being straight is not?

why is it asked- how/when did you know were GBLTQ but not asked same of straight people?

if for one's own religious reasons one has a problem with someone else who is not like them- one: own that and don't hide behind: I accept you but not your "lifestyle" or what you"do"

and two: it's not your business to define someone else by your standards

I lost many friends when I first came out at 15 in high school. Now that I'm an LGBQTIA activist, I find it gets me more respect than hatred and discrimination, to be honest

Back