What happens if the Supreme Court strikes down 'Obamacare'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post, Txgolfer. Let's not forget that all people must control their own actions and prepare themselves for life events, especially BEFORE they take on the responsibility of another person.

If a person is uninsured, don't you think they would take whatever action necessary to avoid putting themself in need of going to the ER and/or a primary care doctor?

If a person is uninsured, don't you think their immediately goal is to become insured and they would do whatever possible to become such.

If a person is uninsured, don't you think it is wise that this person NOT take on the responsibility of another person, especially a child?

There are many, many people whom don't give the above ANY consideration and make others pay the price.
how many is "many many people" you speak of?

They have many choices, changes jobs, get a second job, get a third job, free clinic, county clinic, charity clinic, borrow from family or friends, payment plan. The only people that don't have options are those who chose to ignore their options.

Honest with you, you are not in these situation as other uninsured people were experienced. You just assume that they CAN, CAN, CAN, etc with very high exception.

Get other minimum wage job is still no better for benefits and they need have 6-8 hours of sleeping, they cannot work all day aka 24 hours in one day. Get a job with better benefits are very hard to find and require some stuff like college degree.

I have some health problems that limited on job options and I must have college degree to get a better job with benefit, if not help then I will wait for very long time. Due to between me and my psychiatrist discussed over mental disorders, I need have balanced life and daily schedule since medication cannot control 100% of mental situation.

There are MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY different situations with other people that goes uninsured, have no place to live, no food, no family, etc. You can't expect them to follow EVERYTHING that you want.

I think you are being rock in your head and care about yourself, same goes with rolling7.

Here is a better solution......everyone start living responsible and taking care of themselves. Few years ago there was a study (sorry, I can't find the link) that 72% of visits to the ER where not required and could be seen during a regular doctors office visit. Also, 84% were care for preventable illness and/or accidents. This means that people themselves are responsible for the high cost of insurance for all of Americans.

While I won't argue that people could take better care of themselves, it is not the real cause of increased healthcare cost. The problem is that the insurance companies want doctors to perform all tests instead of just the ones that are relevant. In addition, the drug companies have a monopoly and are in collusion some doctors. People are taking drugs they don't need and getting tested for things that are not necessary. Because of all this, health care costs are going through the roof. And, it's not going to stop.

Honest with you, you are not in these situation as other uninsured people were experienced. You just assume that they CAN, CAN, CAN, etc with very high exception.

Get other minimum wage job is still no better for benefits and they need have 6-8 hours of sleeping, they cannot work all day aka 24 hours in one day. Get a job with better benefits are very hard to find and require some stuff like college degree.

There are MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY different situations with other people that goes uninsured, have no place to live, no food, no family, etc. You can't expect them to follow EVERYTHING that you want.

I think you are being rock in your head and care about yourself, same goes with rolling7.

More excuses. I know all about being poor.....I've been there. I got through it too.

I can also tell you....that I was poor once also. I grew up poor...worked hard and found a good job. I also worked 2 jobs and raised 2 children. One job was pumping gas at a gas station and the other was working nights at a newspaper, and overtime also.....and I'm a female.

I also babysat on weekends, forgoing a social life after my divorse. There are many, many and many people willing to work hard....then again there are toooo many that are not! And all they want is a hand-out from the government!

I never took one dime of welfare and neither did my deceased Mother, she worked 2-3 jobs also....It takes guts and determination and a desire to stand on your own feet. I supported myself and my children and paid my own health insurance, and there is no way I'm gonna pay for somebody else.

I hate lame excuses! Especially when people are perfectly capable of working.

More excuses. I know all about being poor.....I've been there. I got through it too.

It is your way to say EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES all time.

I'm done with you as well.

I can also tell you....that I was poor once also. I grew up poor...worked hard and found a good job. I also worked 2 jobs and raised 2 children. One job was pumping gas at a gas station and the other was working nights at a newspaper, and overtime also.....and I'm a female.

I also babysat on weekends, forgoing a social life after my divorse. There are many, many and many people willing to work hard....then again there are toooo many that are not! And all they want is a hand-out from the government!

I never took one dime of welfare and neither did my deceased Mother, she worked 2-3 jobs also....It takes guts and determination and a desire to stand on your own feet. I supported myself and my children and paid my own health insurance, and there is no way I'm gonna pay for somebody else.

Both of you and other poor people are not same situation, just very different situation, different experiences.

Txgolfer thinks that ALL people are perfect to have a better life and thinks that life is too easy.

Both of you and other poor people are not same situation, just very different situation, different experiences.

Txgolfer thinks that ALL people are perfect to have a better life and thinks that life is too easy.

I never said life was easy. In fact I happen to think the opposite. Life is real damn hard. But that's no excuse for people to roll over and cry "help me". I can guarantee you when I was standing on a roof in 100 degree heat trying not to throw up I never thought "this is easy". I did however think "I can do this" and that thought made all of the difference.

I hate lame excuses! Especially when people are perfectly capable of working.

Exactly....That's not the spirit that built this country.

weak sauce. that's the only excuse you can come up with? Obamacare = gimme gimme gimme? I don't exactly see how. care to explain?

the whole point of Obamacare is to get you well soon so you can start working again asap. no economic loss. no big debt. no family crisis.

there would be no spirit left if you have to slave away for years just to pay off medical expense.

I never said life was easy. In fact I happen to think the opposite. Life is real damn hard. But that's no excuse for people to roll over and cry "help me". I can guarantee you when I was standing on a roof in 100 degree heat trying not to throw up I never thought "this is easy". I did however think "I can do this" and that thought made all of the difference.

I'd like to see if you still have that optimism if you did actually faint and got sent to hospital in ambulance... and then you came home with over $5,000 medical bill just for simple diagnosis of dehydration and heat exhaustion.

I don't need your help, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back