What Do You Think Of Reagan?

illustrator said:
Wow, that's such a honor!

Conservatives have been pushing similar things for awhile.. while he was still alive.
One thing that pissed quite a number of people off was the renaming of Washington National Airport to Reagan National.
Umm... this was after Reagan called the national guard out on a pilots strike, and pissed the entire airline industry off.

bree said:
Conservatives have been pushing similar things for awhile.. while he was still alive.
One thing that pissed quite a number of people off was the renaming of Washington National Airport to Reagan National.
Umm... this was after Reagan called the national guard out on a pilots strike, and pissed the entire airline industry off.
How do you know about that? Are you assuming or did you read about it? Maybe they did it to honor him for some reasons.

I have nothing against Reagan at all. I just thought he was a good President and all. He's also an Illinoisian as well. That goes for all other living presidents as well expect for Clinton and both Bush.

Those are just my thoughts so don't diss me or anyone else's thoughts they have right to speak out as much as those who dislike those dudes. Be mature.

bree said:
Well, i dont think it was Reagan's idea to change the airport name..and besides you cant please everybody so if some group of people gonna get pissed off so be it, there are people who is agreeable to this thing...so in nutshell, there are always be something to piss people off! ya know?

Have a respect for the deceased? Reagan sure wasn't someone I would respect and yet, people were so awe of him. Frankly, I am disappointed. After all, he was the one who caused a huge economic mess. And we are not out of it yet.

Defee said:
Angel..that person was bashing the deceased when he is not even buried yet.
Some people dont have any sense of decency when it comes to deceased, for heavens sake..thats why we are reacting to this person's comment, is all.

I understand Defee nor that I agree with that person but the point IS that person made a simple mistake by speaking it at the wrong time....I see myself doing that quite a few times but hey I'm not perfect , I believe a few of us have made some share of mistakes here..

I apologize to Defee. And to others.
Yup, looks like I shot myself in the foot again.
Kerry put his campaign on hold for five days out of respect to Reagan, and I wish I did not speak so soon.
That is why I said I will post bad stuff about Reagan LATER, but I already made a silly ass of myself.
My apologies to you all, since I know this is an emotional time, and emotional times are the worst in which to argue.

Beowulf said:
I apologize to Defee. And to others.
Yup, looks like I shot myself in the foot again.
Kerry put his campaign on hold for five days out of respect to Reagan, and I wish I did not speak so soon.
That is why I said I will post bad stuff about Reagan LATER, but I already made a silly ass of myself.
My apologies to you all, since I know this is an emotional time, and emotional times are the worst in which to argue.
Oh thats ok, Beowulf, you are forgiven and forgive me for being a witch! LOL!
yeah, we are human beings and we do make mistakes and all, i have fawked up a lot too...lets just hug :grouphug: Ok?...

Executive Order Providing for the Closing of Government Departments and Agencies on J

Executive Order Providing for the Closing of Government Departments and Agencies on June 11, 2004

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. All executive departments, independent establishments, and other governmental agencies shall be closed on June 11, 2004, as a mark of respect for Ronald Reagan, the fortieth President of the United States. That day shall be considered as falling within the scope of Executive Order 11582 of February 11, 1971, and of 5 U.S.C. 5546 and 6103(b) and other similar statutes insofar as they relate to the pay and leave of employees of the United States.

Sec. 2. The first sentence of section 1 of this order shall not apply to those offices and installations, or parts thereof, in the Department of State, the Department of Defense, the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security, or other departments, independent establishments, and governmental agencies that the heads thereof determine should remain open for reasons of national security or defense or other essential public business.

All addressees shall determine which elements under their cognizance shall remain open to support and conduct military activities related to the global war on terrorism; to maintain the health, safety, and protection of DoD personnel and facilities; and to ensure the continuance of their respective organization's mission essential functions. You should ensure that sufficient staff is on hand to support them in carrying out your essential responsibilities.

This Department and the nation owe a great debt of gratitude to President Regan. Please join me, with the rest of the nation, in solemn remembrance of him as the 40th President of the United States and our former Commander-in-Chief.

GEORGE W. BUSH

THE WHITE HOUSE,
June 6, 2004.

AquaMaiden said:
How do you know about that? Are you assuming or did you read about it? Maybe they did it to honor him for some reasons.

Old news.
Link to article about it. Its the 'Ronald Reagan Legacy Project'.

I love Ronald Reagan, He was a good President and When I found out he passed away that time i was in South D. I was Pretty Upset about it. He was a good Guy.

Be honest here...When Someone Passed away You do not go and say something mean about that person even throu. You do not like that person But, the Major Point is someone died and it would be nice to put aside your anger at Ronald and show some Respect for this Guy who died.

Georgie would like nothing less than five months of national mourning, at least until the elections.
Sorry Georgie, no can do.

Cheri said:
I love Ronald Reagan, He was a good President and When I found out he passed away that time i was in South D. I was Pretty Upset about it. He was a good Guy.

Be honest here...When Someone Passed away You do not go and say something mean about that person even throu. You do not like that person But, the Major Point is someone died and it would be nice to put aside your anger at Ronald and show some Respect for this Guy who died.
No worries....he has already apologized...ok?

He was a good President
Sigh.....he was an OK president, but I seriously don't understand this huge outpouring of grief for him. I don't remember him being a fablous wonderful glorious president. I don't think I'll ever forget the fun Bloom County (Opus the Penguin and Bill the Cat) had with him. The whole nation's in mourning like Ronnie was JFK or Washington or Lincoln ! I seriously don't understand it at all!
Georgie would like nothing less than five months of national mourning,
Yes, I think it's just political manuvering to tug at the nation's heartstrings...sort of like that corny outpouring of patriotism right after 9/11.

I think that he's an honorable president... he overshadows all presidents in history... I don't think that Bill Clinton is ever that close to Reagan...
Reagan was superior to Clinton, period... For personal behavior a factor in ranking of presidents...

That's weird about the interconnection of events... Ronald died... Bill released his new book... "My life" I'm not to the part where I feel his pain... YET!

Well, I loved that President Reagan like a family member and he was one of my heros. Like him or not, he did what he said and didn't take any BS from foreign scumbags that hated us. He always seemed like he really cared for the people of this country and I will for sure miss the "Gipper", a true American icon. (I'm taking a drink.) THREE CHEERS for JESUS, RONALD REAGAN, JOHN WAYNE, GEORGE STRAIT, CHRIS LEDOUX, IRON MAIDEN, THE NUGE, THE DUKES OF HAZZARD, HAGGARD, BOCEFUS, and Woman in Wranglers and lace-ups!!!!! That's America by God!!!!! And if ya don't like any of them folks mentioned above, kiss my ass :booty: and then go stab yourself in the forehead!!

Go fuck yourself.
There are a LOT of landmines left.

Back