What do you prefer to put your children in School?

Mommyof3

Reaction score
look at my other post.. this is my first mistake. OPP

Last edited:
Mommyof3 said:
1. Private
2. Public
3. Homeschooling

Mommyof3

Actually, I have used all three for my daughter. Now I am sending my grandsons to private Christian school.

I prefer private Christian school. If there is not a good one available, or if money is a not available, then I would home school.

Our Christian school also provides support for homeschoolers. Our school provides band, testing, and field trips for the homeschoolers, so the kids do get socializing opportunities.

The reason we sent our daughter, and now our grandsons, to Christian school is because public schools do not support our beliefs. We don't want the schools to teach our children things that we don't believe in, or to contradict what we teach our children. In Christian school, they can study Bible, they can discuss spiritual problems with their teachers, they can study Creation science, and they are in an educational atmosphere that doesn't allow swearing and inappropriate clothing.

I am not ignorant about what happens in public schools. As a terp, I have worked in public elementary, middle, and high school classes, so I have seen what goes on. I have also noticed that the public schools here teach the students just to pass the standarized tests; they really don't care if the students truly increase their knowledge or skills. Many public school students graduate with good grades but they are clueless about everything. Grades are meaningless.

I notice that the students in college are often studying the same things I studied in junior high school (and I did not take advanced courses).

Since i went through with my oldest kids.. its tough cuz of peer pressure, caused their grades dropped.. even i tried to keep up with them with my displinces.. (all are in public school), after i met alot new friends within 2 years now.. their kids are homeschooling and doing so well, no push downs or pressure.. they are young with the level of IQ are higher than average students..

I wish, I should have homeschooling them.. so they get their educations first then friends or sports.. :( but big commitment for me to be teacher and at home too.. I can but I dont know if i can make that big commitment..

I think it would depend. I do not like public schools since they teach to the mythetal average student. They don't challenge the smart kids and they tend to really have awful special ed (meaning the mentality is that ALL sped kids are just stupid slackers)

Reba said:
Actually, I have used all three for my daughter. Now I am sending my grandsons to private Christian school.

I prefer private Christian school. If there is not a good one available, or if money is a not available, then I would home school.

Our Christian school also provides support for homeschoolers. Our school provides band, testing, and field trips for the homeschoolers, so the kids do get socializing opportunities.

The reason we sent our daughter, and now our grandsons, to Christian school is because public schools do not support our beliefs. We don't want the schools to teach our children things that we don't believe in, or to contradict what we teach our children. In Christian school, they can study Bible, they can discuss spiritual problems with their teachers, they can study Creation science, and they are in an educational atmosphere that doesn't allow swearing and inappropriate clothing.

I am not ignorant about what happens in public schools. As a terp, I have worked in public elementary, middle, and high school classes, so I have seen what goes on. I have also noticed that the public schools here teach the students just to pass the standarized tests; they really don't care if the students truly increase their knowledge or skills. Many public school students graduate with good grades but they are clueless about everything. Grades are meaningless.

I notice that the students in college are often studying the same things I studied in junior high school (and I did not take advanced courses).
I heard that christian school makes it more difficult in college. I had a few friends who grew up in christian school. When they went to college, they struggled. They ended up going to community college to get a 2-year degree because it was the only way they could manage to get through classes while following their strong beliefs. Now, they work at McDonalds because they don't have a proper degree to get them a real job.

Back