What do you hoard/collect?

I used to have a hard time getting rid of old purses so it became this huge pile that was taking up space. I finally forced myself to get rid of purses I no longer use on a yearly basis. It was hard!

Purses have been my guilty pleasure and I have way too many. My daughters gave me a few beautiful purses so I am only using them. Definitely need to do a major closet clean out and send it all to the goodwill. Lot's of work shoes too that all can go.

Re bills and important papers-- Bills you should keep for at least one year then you can toss them (shred or tear them up or recycle). Important documents- many you should keep forever (or as long as you own it like car or house), Taxes I believe is 7 years (but I keep all mine dating back 30 years lol). I cleaned out a lot of old school stuff and letters- a few I kept because they mean something.

What do I collect? Rubber duckies- unique ones and anything duckie related lol. Also have a small collection of... um.. "hands"- that's hard to explain lol. Used to be rainbow related stuff. Also have a mug collection I'd like to finish- a mug from every US state- with the state name and a rainbow on it- or at least colorful like it- yeah strange but it's doable. Have one or two from Canada also. Still missing a bunch.. like I'll ever find/get an Alaska one!

One of my friends who is anti-religious collects crosses. She uses them to decorate one wall in her house. Several people have asked her why if she isn't religious. She said that they are just pretty. Interesting.

After my son passed away, my sister started giving me little boy angels every Christmas. I have quite a few and have them displayed in my china hutch.

I can't stand clutter... If I don't need it ( If it serves me no immediate or useful purpose ) it's gone. I donate it or throw it out if it can't be donated. I can not stand clutter or stuff just laying around for the sake of having it. :shock:

After my son passed away, my sister started giving me little boy angels every Christmas. I have quite a few and have them displayed in my china hutch.

I didn't know.

I am so .. so .. so .. very sorry.

I am sorry about your son. :hug:

I am so sorry. I think its sweet for her to give you the gifts every christmas.

I collect instances of collectus interruptus. It is a lifelong battle to keep it in check. I joke with people and say, when I go have a big garage sale I would have liked to have gone to. :lol:

Oh snap.

I collect business cards. Exciting I know. But seriously, taking one out randomly and seeing what card I get brings back so many memories. I've been collecting them for 13 years now.

I'm not sure what I collect.... I never seem to have the money these days to indulge in such things - although I do have a collection of nik-naks and bits and pieces that I bought over from the UK when I emigrated 5 yrs ago.
So..... I like to think I collect memories :)

Everyday objects that happen to look cool and artistic. For example, I have some cigar boxes and liquor bottles because they just look cool and could be put in a museum.

:grouphug:Angel, I'm also sad with everyone to read about your son.

as for collecting - Rottie-related things - figurines, calendars...

books too - generally I love books.

in college I had a t-shirt and sock collections

Hmm, I used to collect a lot of magazines - The Rolling Stones, Alternative music mags, Rue Morgue and Fangoria but not much anymore. Trying to downsize as much as I can for the past few years now. I still keep The Rolling Stones and Fangoria because they may be of values in the future. Photo Albums are starting to pile a little bit. And books. I may plan to give away 1/4 of books that I don't need to keep anymore. I used to collect a large of glass shots at every where I traveled to but not anymore. I feel relieved about that part.

Now that i remember...i ised to collect pokemon. When i thoight i finally had the 150...there was atrillion more out there. *sigh*

Back