What do you ♥ today?

Wirelessly posted

Now, that sounds like a great party lol

Yep, I know how to entertain people. Now if I weren't such a dork maybe someone would actually show up! :lol:

I ♥ Red Lobster's Pecan crusted Jumbo Shrimp.

Two skewers of wood-grilled jumbo shrimp with a maple-cherry glaze and a toasted pecan-crumb topping, over wild rice pilaf. I had mine with a baked potato and there was a side of steamed broccoli.

Wirelessly posted

Dixie said:
Wirelessly posted

Now, that sounds like a great party lol

Yep, I know how to entertain people. Now if I weren't such a dork maybe someone would actually show up! :lol:

When I was growing up, we did have live DJ for our family parties and weddings. Those days were fun! Lol

I am sure tons of people would show up to your party they would have to be insane not to lol

Wirelessly posted

When I was growing up, we did have live DJ for our family parties and weddings. Those days were fun! Lol

I am sure tons of people would show up to your party they would have to be insane not to lol

It's happened but I didn't book a DJ as every DJ was out of pocket that weekend. Anywho it was for my 26th birthday and I was hoping I could have a party to celebrate as a couple of my friends suggested it. Well they asked people to come and when they said my name everyone was like "Who?, uhmm no I think I have plans that weekend." Ended up not having a party which sucked. I've never had a birthday party and I thought *maybe* I *might* get one. No such luck. My birthday is usually the week of Thanksgiving. This time it landed on a Saturday and I thought I might have a chance. Nothing. This last year I spent my birthday at a friends house working on a movie for her. Ah, the life of a dork!

If I plan it right maybe I can shoot for the weekend before Thanksgiving and have at least a small get-together or something. It's probably the closest I'll get to a birthday party. What makes this irritating is that my brother got to have birthday parties and got to go to birthday parties, but I didn't.

It's happened but I didn't book a DJ as every DJ was out of pocket that weekend. Anywho it was for my 26th birthday and I was hoping I could have a party to celebrate as a couple of my friends suggested it. Well they asked people to come and when they said my name everyone was like "Who?, uhmm no I think I have plans that weekend." Ended up not having a party which sucked. I've never had a birthday party and I thought *maybe* I *might* get one. No such luck. My birthday is usually the week of Thanksgiving. This time it landed on a Saturday and I thought I might have a chance. Nothing. This last year I spent my birthday at a friends house working on a movie for her. Ah, the life of a dork!

If I plan it right maybe I can shoot for the weekend before Thanksgiving and have at least a small get-together or something. It's probably the closest I'll get to a birthday party. What makes this irritating is that my brother got to have birthday parties and got to go to birthday parties, but I didn't.

After I grew up and got married, it often irritated me that I ended up making Thanksgiving dinner for lots of people on my birthday, on the years it fell that day.

Since I got old and sick, they all have a pretty good idea it isn't up to me anymore!:lol:

After I grew up and got married, it often irritated me that I ended up making Thanksgiving dinner for lots of people on my birthday, on the years it fell that day.

Since I got old and sick, they all have a pretty good idea it isn't up to me anymore!:lol:

Maybe I need to be old and sick on my birthday, lol. :lol: But I know how you felt. You just want to celebrate your birthday and share the day with friends and family.

The last time my birthday landed on Thanksgiving, no one even remembered. Nothing, not even on FB. I didn't say anything but I was bummed about it. The next day my mom was like "What are you sulking about?". I said it was nothing, I would get over it eventually. She glanced at the calendar and went "oh shit, we forgot your birthday." Then she brought me a $100 bill and apologized. I accepted it and moved on. I forgot what I did with the money, but I probably paid a bill or two with it. :| Nothing else was said about it. No sense in dragging it on, you know?

Maybe we need to plan this Iowa trip in early November and go out together and have ourselves a birthday party for each other. There's an idea. :cool2:

Maybe I need to be old and sick on my birthday, lol. :lol: But I know how you felt. You just want to celebrate your birthday and share the day with friends and family.

The last time my birthday landed on Thanksgiving, no one even remembered. Nothing, not even on FB. I didn't say anything but I was bummed about it. The next day my mom was like "What are you sulking about?". I said it was nothing, I would get over it eventually. She glanced at the calendar and went "oh shit, we forgot your birthday." Then she brought me a $100 bill and apologized. I accepted it and moved on. I forgot what I did with the money, but I probably paid a bill or two with it. :| Nothing else was said about it. No sense in dragging it on, you know?

Maybe we need to plan this Iowa trip in early November and go out together and have ourselves a birthday party for each other. There's an idea. :cool2:

That would probably be fun. THanksgiving baby support group!

I <3 pole dancing class at the gym. I just watch mind you. :)

Last edited:

Yup along with therapy of the horrors of spending our birthdays cutting up turkeys!

I think what I may do is have a small celebration with my family then maybe go over to a friend's house then go out to eat a birthday dinner of sorts or something. Low-key but nice.

I ♥ that I had an awesome time with Steph and Jas watching movies and how much we laughed while watching " She's out of my league " =]

Me too, Me too. I always say I was indigestion as I was born 3 am on the Friday after Thanksgiving. :giggle:
I may be traveling through Iowa the weekend before Thanksgiving this year...by train. I'm pre-planning a trip out to Utah where my daughter and SIL are just moving to (they're "on-the-road" as we speak).'

Back