WHAT DO u prefer? SORENSON, PURPLE OR americanVRS?

Sorenson's interpreter quality really decline big time since layoff!

Hey!! I'm debating SORENSON, PURPLE OR AMERICAN VRS. I experience purple, Sorenson at Gallaudet. But after all the drama in FCC and things, Someone inform me American VRS goof. americanvrs.com. I not experience them but i here they small company in NYC and their terps are skilled. Anyway, maybe better i go with big company? Or better this company small but hey have like deaf events and stuff? Yur opinion? THANKS!!!!

Being a former Sorenson employee and I was very loyal to Sorenson due to high quality video and interpreters and since the big layoffs. I have heard alot of complaints about Sorenson's interpreter and their quality of work. I was skeptical at first and being a heavy VRS user, I start to notice the quality of interpreter being extremely poor. I have to agree with those people who has complained about the quality. Apparently Sorenson laid off all high quality interpreters to save money and used all low quality interpreters. I have seen alot of interpreters with BIG attitude and was very LAZY in interpreting the conversation, they would slouch in the chair and sloppily interpret the calls. There was ALOT of misunderstandings in the conversation and at this point, I have started using other VRS service and found out that their interpreter service has improved so it appears to me that since the big layoffs, the high quality interpreters have gone to another VRS and start to provide their service.

You can see this for YOURSELF! I would now encourage all of you to start using other VRS providers NOT Sorenson. Sorenson has proven themselves that they dont give a rat ass to deaf employees. They only want to make as much money as they can. They blame FCC for all fiasco which is BULLSHIT! It's their mismanagement issue NOT FCC! DO NOT be involved in the email blasts to FCC like we did few months ago! Participate ONLY if ALL VRS providers ask you to do so! Sorenson tried to take BIG advantage of deafies in their fiasco with FCC which is wrong move!! Do NOT fall for it ever again!

We are the only one who can "control" the market not Sorenson or any other VRS providers.

That's my opinion here....

Agreed. I have always had good service with the P3. The terps there are great and the text, VO, p2p and messages are just cool.
It was close, I almost went with another company. Now I am so glad that you told us this.

I had someone tell me that I would be better off with the Sorenson VP-200. Her reasoning was if I had problems with the internet (I sometimes do) then I would not lose access to the VP. My problem is, I still use text a lot as I am learning slowly ASL. Also, I think with the VP-200 you have to have a TV to hook it up to. MIL will not allow her TV in the living room to be used and there isn't another in the house that can be used. Also, I have no where to put another TV. Should I stick with my P3, or what?

I had someone tell me that I would be better off with the Sorenson VP-200. Her reasoning was if I had problems with the internet (I sometimes do) then I would not lose access to the VP. My problem is, I still use text a lot as I am learning slowly ASL. Also, I think with the VP-200 you have to have a TV to hook it up to. MIL will not allow her TV in the living room to be used and there isn't another in the house that can be used. Also, I have no where to put another TV. Should I stick with my P3, or what?
buy a cheap small TV

ZVRS correction:

I highly suggest ZVRS. Deaf-Owned is all well and good, but look at what happened to Viable. They were the biggest Deaf-Owned VRS provider and the only one that had it's owners get arrested and go to jail...

I prefer quality and innovation myself. Plus all of their interpreters are certified. My friend works for them and she says that you cannot interpret for them unless you are certified.

I would like to correct this statement....

ZVRS is NOT Deaf owned company! It is hearing owned company! it used to be deaf owned company until it was sold to a hearing company and moved to Fla.

Check your source...

I would like to correct this statement....

ZVRS is NOT Deaf owned company! It is hearing owned company! it used to be deaf owned company until it was sold to a hearing company and moved to Fla.

Check your source...

You corrected nothing. I never stated that ZVRS was Deaf owned. Check your eyes...please reread my comment.

Better get other TV set in other room.

Why not just use the P3? When you say "problems with the internet" do you mean wifi? If there is a wire to hook the VP-200 too then you can use it for the P3.

Why not just use the P3? When you say "problems with the internet" do you mean wifi? If there is a wire to hook the VP-200 too then you can use it for the P3.

There are times when AT&T is working in the neighborhood, that my internet is shut off for different periods of time. Some days we will lose the phone, other days the internet.

My P3 is on my desktop computer and on my little Acer netbook. I do not have purple's P3 netbook. I just had someone from a deaf social that I was at this weekend mention that it would be a good idea to get. I still like my P3 and I like the fact that I can do text as well as video. I don't get many calls through it, but I think that's more due to the fact that I haven't given the number out. It's hard for me to read the ASL video messages, when someone leaves a message. I still need to learn more ASL.

You corrected nothing. I never stated that ZVRS was Deaf owned. Check your eyes...please reread my comment.

Dude, doesn't it ever occur to you that you need to correct your grammar? You didn't form proper noun-verb agreements thus confusing the reader to which VRS you were referring to.

Just sayin'!

Dude, doesn't it ever occur to you that you need to correct your grammar? You didn't form proper noun-verb agreements thus confusing the reader to which VRS you were referring to.

Just sayin'!

yes I agree you are correct ,I reading seems misunderstand but make sure clear understand! proper grammar seems confused and misunderstand! !

Just sayin'!

Nope. Not an English major. But I still think it was pretty clear.

Back