What do rose colors means on Valentine's...

A nice thoughtful. :)

that is great to know what color of roses and their meanings

thanks for the links angel :hug:

Angel , Thanks for sharing the meaning of roses that's pretty cool.

Thank you for share a beautiful thread here with us... I lovvveeeee this roses!!!!!!! I have like this in my bedroom "Antique Romantic Style" with roses....

We have a blossom with few different color. Example: the cup yellow with that sharp orange... or white with pink... or blue with yellow... Beautiful color. I searched in English websites but I can't find so I search German websites but it didn't show much like what I saw at every shops here in Germany.

Example like this.

I just got a bunch flower from my men co-worker like this... "white cup with pink rose"... Beautiful color... I will take a picture of them and post here this evening.

Thank you for share a beautiful thread here with us... I lovvveeeee this roses!!!!!!! I have like this in my bedroom "Antique Romantic Style" with roses....

We have a blossom with few different color. Example: the cup yellow with that sharp orange... or white with pink... or blue with yellow... Beautiful color. I searched in English websites but I can't find so I search German websites but it didn't show much like what I saw at every shops here in Germany.

Example like this.

I just got a bunch flower from my men co-worker like this... "white cup with pink rose"... Beautiful color... I will take a picture of them and post here this evening.

wow that roses look so pretty :) :lol:

Very beautiful Liebling.....acutally I love ALL roses and many many more flowers too...:giggle:

I love 2 colors in one... looks more sexier and pretty!

That what I loved....
one color is okay depend how looks sexier... :)

Seems like I'm the only one that likes Black roses not only because its a death thing.. its because I like black

I hardly get roses for anything. my boyfriend doesn't think roses are big of a deal because they die within a week or 2. He usually gives me something that's worth a lifetime. He got me a jeep for xmas. (that's an example) for my b'day, we always go out to eat and he'll buy me an outfit. I've gotten to know that roses mean nothing to me. I personally think roses are very very beautiful and smells so good! Its nice to have at least one every once in a while but then what? it dies.

I love reading the symbols of what the color of each roses mean. Its neat.

did I put a stop to this after I said Black roses???

:ugh3:

sorry guys if I did! Just act like I wasn't even here... :wave:

Most people choose roses with a favorite color in mind. There's nothing wrong with just going with what you like, but over the centuries each color and combination has come to represent a different variety and intensity of sentiment. Here are a few examples to keep in mind this Valentine's Day.

Red Says Romance

The red rose tells your valentine, "I love you." A vibrant and dramatic color, it stands for romance and passion. It's the perfect choice for your true love, the love of a lifetime or someone you want to get the message that it's time to get serious.

White Says Innocence

A white rose tells your angel of a valentine that they're simply "heavenly," and it's a great color choice for the romantic in your life. White roses also stand for innocence, which makes it a perfect color choice for dads to give daughters or sons to their moms.

Pink Says Grace

Send deep pink roses and you're telling that someone special you appreciate their graceful style and gentle nature. Send them light pink roses and you're saying, "I really admire you." This rose color is just the right choice to send to someone with love "from your secret admirer."

Yellow Says Friendship

Bright, sunny yellow roses symbolize friendship, affection and joy. Send your best friend a bunch of these stunning blooms with a card that says, "You'll be my best friend forever."

MSN Shopping: Expert Advice - The Language of Roses

GERAT POSTING, ANGEL!!! :)

i found more meanings for other colors of roses that i never knew that exsited!!! :thumb:

Rose Colors
Color means emotion and this Valentine's you can express every feeling in your heart with a presentation of roses in colors that say what's on your mind -- or what's in your heart!

Red -- The red rose tells your valentine without a doubt, "I love you." A vibrant and dramatic color, it stands for romance and passion. It's the perfect choice for your true love, the love of a lifetime or someone you want to get the message it's time to "get serious."

White -- Tells your angel of a valentine that they're simply "heavenly," and is a great color for the romantic in your life! White roses also stand for innocence, which makes it a perfect color choice for dads to give daughters.

Red & White Together -- By themselves these red and white roses are gorgeous, but together, they symbolize unity. What a great surprise for the newlywed valentine, loving partner or to send to your parents to say "Thanks for being such a great symbol of love through the years!"

Pink -- Send deep pink roses and you're telling that someone special you appreciate their sense of grace, style and their gentle nature. Send them light pink roses and you're saying "I really admire you!" This rose color is just the right pick to send to someone you want to become your special valentine and sign the card, "Love, your secret admirer."

Yellow -- Could there be any other color but bright, sunny yellow to symbolize friendship, affection and joy? Send your best friend a bunch of these stunning blooms with a card that says, "You'll be my best friend forever!"

Coral or Orange -- You caught their eye, they caught your eye. There's smoke, now there's a chance for fire. Send orange roses, the color of desire, and wait for passion to ignite.

Deep Burgundy -- Beautiful doesn't even begin to compare to your valentine, but they're unaware of how stunning they truly are. Burgundy roses, which mean "unconscious beauty," are the right choice for this shy valentine.

Red & Yellow Blends -- Red and yellow roses together symbolize joy, happiness and excitement! Gather these gorgeous blooms into one dozen or buy a single stem of each color and put in individual bud vases for a statement of love that your valentine will never forget!

Lavender -- It's love at first sight with this unique rose color. The moment you saw your valentine, your heart skipped a beat. Send a gorgeous array of lavender roses and tell your valentine once again, "I fall in love all over again every time I see you."

Stand Up and Be Counted!
The amount of roses can also take on special meaning for you and your valentine.

Take a few roses out of a dozen and surprise your sweetie when they least expect it. Leave a single rose, which stands for simplicity and love, on their nightstand or by their breakfast.

Two roses taped or wired together to form a single stem signals an engagement or coming marriage. This is a great way to propose!

Seems like I'm the only one that likes Black roses not only because its a death thing.. its because I like black

I hardly get roses for anything. my boyfriend doesn't think roses are big of a deal because they die within a week or 2. He usually gives me something that's worth a lifetime. He got me a jeep for xmas. (that's an example) for my b'day, we always go out to eat and he'll buy me an outfit. I've gotten to know that roses mean nothing to me. I personally think roses are very very beautiful and smells so good! Its nice to have at least one every once in a while but then what? it dies.

I love reading the symbols of what the color of each roses mean. Its neat.

BLACK ROSES!!!!??? :shock:

:rofl:

:hmm: your bf has an interesting philosophy...

i love getting roses from my hunny and drying them out for memories... i lost the first set of roses he gave me at his old apt :tears: they were VERY SENTIMENTAL to me :(

i got one rose for his b'day two years ago, his mom kept it and it is on the top of his parents' fridge... to remind them of our love... and ERRR... to show his dad that SHE wants flowers!!! :giggle: (since he has the same philosophy as your bf does, so i always tease him that he needs to "spice up" their romance no matter how long they have been together!!! (36 yrs)...

so for their anniversary back in dec... we got them a VERY nice flower vase... and GUESS WHAT!!??? when we went to visit them for dinner one night, there was my vase sitting on the dining room table with beautiful flowers in them!!! AND HIS MOM WAS GLOOOWWWIIINNNG and blushing!!! :giggle: and we "tortured/teased" dad for the rest of the evening!!! :lol:

and she thanked us from her heart for getting them the vase cuz she always wanted flowers and his father FINALLY got her flowers for the first time in a long time!!! :)

BLACK ROSES!!!!??? :shock:

:rofl:

:hmm: your bf has an interesting philosophy...

i love getting roses from my hunny and drying them out for memories... i lost the first set of roses he gave me at his old apt :tears: they were VERY SENTIMENTAL to me :(

i got one rose for his b'day two years ago, his mom kept it and it is on the top of his parents' fridge... to remind them of our love... and ERRR... to show his dad that SHE wants flowers!!! :giggle: (since he has the same philosophy as your bf does, so i always tease him that he needs to "spice up" their romance no matter how long they have been together!!! (36 yrs)...

so for their anniversary back in dec... we got them a VERY nice flower vase... and GUESS WHAT!!??? when we went to visit them for dinner one night, there was my vase sitting on the dining room table with beautiful flowers in them!!! AND HIS MOM WAS GLOOOWWWIIINNNG and blushing!!! :giggle: and we "tortured/teased" dad for the rest of the evening!!! :lol:

and she thanked us from her heart for getting them the vase cuz she always wanted flowers and his father FINALLY got her flowers for the first time in a long time!!! :)

Yeah I like black roses.... lol

I honestly think alot of men are like that. they just don't think roses really makes them feel special. My ex husband gave me roses all the time and we ended up getting a divorce. My boyfriend now doesn't give me roses and we've been together for 6 years going on 7 this year. We give so much love than just a rose. but yeah, I would like to have roses once in a while to feel good and have alittle romance in us. Of course we still have the "romance" going but in a different way. I don't think I'll get roses tomorrow anyways. that's just him. It doesn't bother me anymore.. it used to the first 2 years but I'm over it. I hope you all have a great valentine's and get the best of the best!

Yeah I like black roses.... lol

I honestly think alot of men are like that. they just don't think roses really makes them feel special. My ex husband gave me roses all the time and we ended up getting a divorce. My boyfriend now doesn't give me roses and we've been together for 6 years going on 7 this year. We give so much love than just a rose. but yeah, I would like to have roses once in a while to feel good and have alittle romance in us. Of course we still have the "romance" going but in a different way. I don't think I'll get roses tomorrow anyways. that's just him. It doesn't bother me anymore.. it used to the first 2 years but I'm over it. I hope you all have a great valentine's and get the best of the best!

i do understand how you feel and where he is coming from... but FRANKLY, most women love getting flowers regardless the event!!! ya know?
why don't you tell him that you love flowers?- and that it would just be nice to get flowers from him ONCE IN EVERY BLUE MOON!!!? (better than every single time!!! ya know???) this way... it will get him thinking and realize how you feel.. cuz if he really cares for you that much, he would DO ANYTHING to make you happy/please you... other than "wooing" you... just my two cents... :)

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TOO! :) and ofc you'll get plenty of HIS WOOKIE!!! (and make sure the door is locked!!! :whip: :rofl: (yes i am picking on you like usual about the ERRR- thingie!!! :rofl: but i know you still wuv me anyway! :D :nana:)

I don't have a man to give me one.. :( maybe the one I adore will give me one but who knowa~~~ :ugh3: :fingersx:

did I put a stop to this after I said Black roses???

:ugh3:

sorry guys if I did! Just act like I wasn't even here... :wave:

:rofl: You're so darn cute!! got to squeeze those rosey cheekiees...

Angel, thanks for sharing about the meaning of the roses colours. It is very interesting. I have 11 rose bushes in my garden and I have some of the colours which was mention. I have two blue/mauve rose bushes and it is call 'Blue Moon' which I adores. I also have one similar like the pic Liebling has posted too. I loves roses and am planning to get more bushes soon. :)

:eek3: You have 11 rose bushes? WOW, you must have the most beauitful flower garden, I used to have two of them in my front yard but those darn deers keep killing my garden plants....Good thing I still have a few plants that are still alive and growing....Thanks to those burbs!! .

Angel, thanks for sharing the meaning of roses. I love roses. My favorite rose color is white and red together. 6 years ago when I met my husband in person for the first time, he gave me 3 roses. I had them dried and put them in a vase. They are still in good shape.

Happy Valentine to you all!

Back