What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
good old windows 3

Yup it is. I had an IBM PS/1 than ran MS Win3.1x from 1993 until 2000. Then I had a WinME until about 2007, that's when I got a Vista and around the same time my parents bought an Win XP desktop. Last year I went from Vista to Win7.

I wished I still had my IBM PS/1 though, that was nice looking back on it. Here's what my first computer looked like:
ibm_ps1_1s.jpg

I've learned shift stick driving this morning... no bunny hop so far *whew*. But I did stalled the car couple of times at the stop sign/give away on the road. :giggle:

I had some oops moments ie when nearly arriving at the stop sign, need to shift from 4th to 2nd gear.... but I shifted 4th to 3rd gear.

After 45 minutes of driving lessons (one hour driving lesson), I did improved a lot on up shift and down shift the gears.

I do need more practice with clutch, brake and gear as well.

I've learned shift stick driving this morning... no bunny hop so far *whew*. But I did stalled the car couple of times at the stop sign/give away on the road. :giggle:

I had some oops moments ie when nearly arriving at the stop sign, need to shift from 4th to 2nd gear.... but I shifted 4th to 3rd gear.

After 45 minutes of driving lessons (one hour driving lesson), I did improved a lot on up shift and down shift the gears.

Damn sounds like you did great! My first truck was a stick my friends dubbed it booze bunny cause I hopped every where and stalled out!! Way to go!! It sounds like you were meant to drive a stick:D

Damn sounds like you did great! My first truck was a stick my friends dubbed it booze bunny cause I hopped every where and stalled out!! Way to go!! It sounds like you were meant to drive a stick:D

Yeah it doesn't look easy with changing gears and clutching, brake etc, especially I have drive automatic cars for years. (and drive shift stick ride on mower in the past).

I reckon I did my first shift stick lesson well. :) Thanks.

wait till you get to uphill part. that was :Ohno:

wait till you get to uphill part. that was :Ohno:

Lucky, I live in area is flat, there is a small uphill... I guess I might be doing that tomorrow or next week. :Ohno:

Yeah it doesn't look easy with changing gears and clutching, brake etc, especially I have drive automatic cars for years. (and drive shift stick ride on mower in the past).

I reckon I did my first shift stick lesson well. :) Thanks.

Good luck. Bet you'll use the stick with an ease.

Don't want to learn how to drive stick myself, lol

I have learned that I cannot think of anything cool and yet inexpensive things for teenage boys!

Any ideas?

waste of time my headache bad headache I am not happy!

good on you SG to learn manual, as for the uphill, you'd be told to use the hand brake...releasing it as you feel in the clutch grabbing the wheels.... but tricky but really its quite easy...good luck
...and also this means you'd understand driving alot better and the car itself...(think physics and mechanically)

Oh what i learnt today? im in love with Pinball! i freaking love those games...as a matter of face those large pinball machines HAVE to be build heavily do you know why? the steel ball can travel as fast as 200MPH !!! yes thats right, right under our eyes in the arcade those balls hit,. wham bam, spins and slides at 200mph at the most...pretty hard to believe...but is true

I learned that I need to take a break and relax for a semester for my health and sanity..

I learned that spaghetti and steel both behave the same way when it comes to using a realistic model of a steel structured building.

I learned that censorship is also alive and well in AD. Seems my remarks about being a drone were removed, despite the fact they were harmless. I think they hit too close to the center of the target.

I learned that censorship is also alive and well in AD. Seems my remarks about being a drone were removed, despite the fact they were harmless. I think they hit too close to the center of the target.

Agreed.......'non-French' Huguenot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back