What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that we have posters here who have some creative suggestions for kids. Worm hunting. Passing out Victoria Secret catalogs. :rofl: :lol:

I learned Sosie went postal LOL, no, i meant on a forum-posting spree

Another thing I learned; that although there is a rule about discussing banned members, it is not applied evenly.

I will step down from the soapbox now. Recent events have left a sour taste in my mouth. This drone is flying away...

I learned that more and more, I do not like Bahamian conch fritters or Bahamian rice.

I just learned that i offically hate chemistry homework. still working on it. I tried to get it done before i had to leave for practice but nope. AGH.. i'm not going to be able to sleep on time tonight.

I learned that teaching 5th grade chemistry really helped me understand the basics of chemistry! :lol:

I learned that my friend who recently moved to Florida has given me a good recommendation to the District Office. Awesome. I hope it helps. I also learned I am going to an Affirming Church for the first time Saturday night. This might be fun.

I learned that Grummer's making fun of me. :lol:

:slap:

Also, I learned that I come down with a stupid head cold. I am gonna to swing by the drug store buying more OTC medications, to treat my colds. I thought I was better. Grrrrrr.. What fun!

I learned/realized I need to pull myself out of this 'woe is me' trip i've been on this week!

Good luck. Bet you'll use the stick with an ease.

Don't want to learn how to drive stick myself, lol

Thanks, yeah it seems it is getting easier but it will takes time. At the moment I have a driver instructor teaching me how to drive manual.... as for the rest I'll learn it myself later on. :)

Jiro,

Speaking about uphill part for a hill start. I did two parts: a lower uphill level with brake and clutch: no rolling back *whew*.

Half way of the steep hill... clutch and handbrake: no rolling back *whew again*. :shock:

Yesterday, I have learned to drive through 30 speed bumps on one of the winding road, a lot of changing gears from 2nd to 3rd to 2nd etc... and going around 6 roundabouts and also uphill start.

There was a time I forgot to push clutch when braking for a full stop... oops for the stalling the car.

It was a nice winding road drive, especially of beautiful views of blue sea water.

My oldest brother taught me to drive Manual/stick back in 1986. In Columbia, MO at the time, there was this truck stop with restaurant that had their drive on a hill that was all gravel. It is now paved. He taught me using the RPM gauge as he knew I could not hear the motor. Also, he would not let me keep the keys to my new truck until I could navigate that drive and pull out without spinning gravel. Took a few tries (15) but I made it. At that point he had me drive him home and he gave me the keys to my 1984 Ford Ranger. It was new to me at the time. Got rid of the 1977 Cutlass SS that had a pin-hole leak in the radiator.

Just learned an Arizona Congresswoman was shot to death at an event for her constituents in Tucson. Six others were also killed. The world has once again gone mad.

Just learned an Arizona Congresswoman was shot to death at an event for her constituents in Tucson. Six others were also killed. The world has once again gone mad.

Oh, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back