What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not if you're not certified for it. You're only certified to use what you have learned but if it's something new... you need to be re-certified for that. It's for legal reason like EMT.

If that new method ain't part of latest certification program, then I ain't gonna try that.
Read my post 538. You are right.

I don't know if this new method is a direct replacement. It would be interesting to know what your instructors say about it. Put a post it on your forehead so you will remember. :lol:

Update; here is the article published by the Mayo Clinic. Hands only is not a direct replacement but it can be used by any bystander that is not trained in CPR.

So Jiro you are correct.

New Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)

"And any attempt at CPR is better than no attempt." damn... that kinda sounds disheartening....

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I learned something pretty gross in class, that in some cultures after, the woman delivers a baby, they keep the placenta and make a stew out of it.

:barf:

Last edited:
I knew about that... Didn't Tom Cruise do that?

anyway, when there's hardly any food, you'll eat anything.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC83) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

I learned something pretty gross in class, that in some cultures after, the woman delivers a baby, they keep the placenta and make a stew out of it.

thanks. thanks for sharing. thanks!

People still do that in Canada and United States. Some people even freeze the placenta as a memento.

Jiro said:

thanks. thanks for sharing. thanks!

Your welcome :)

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Jiro said:
I don't know if this new method is a direct replacement. It would be interesting to know what your instructors say about it. Put a post it on your forehead so you will remember. :lol:

Update; here is the article published by the Mayo Clinic. Hands only is not a direct replacement but it can be used by any bystander that is not trained in CPR.

So Jiro you are correct.

New Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)

"And any attempt at CPR is better than no attempt." damn... that kinda sounds disheartening....

I urge you not to check out the statistics (winks)

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry: BlackBerry9630/4.7.1.40 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Oceanblue7 said:

Hmong? I had to research when I was sixteen and yes... I was traumatized

Wow. I learned a couple of things in this thread. The changes in the CPR and the placenta uses..... Dang.

Just learned that I like homemade Pimento cheese spread a lot better than the store bought kind. I won't eat the store brands at all.

I think the next time, I'll let my pimentos drain and use less mayo. I'll aslo add hot sauce or peppers to it. I like things spicy. I used the sharpest cheese I could find for this recipe but it still tasted a bit bland for my taste.

[I learned something pretty gross in class, that in some cultures after, the woman delivers a baby, they keep the placenta and make a stew out of it.

Some freeze it and eat it after the 1st year.......wait I might be confusing with wedding cake.....

That's icky! Some people have used it in their hair as a deep conditioner...:whistle:

I once had a debate in school and meant to say "half took the drug and half took a placebo" but actually said placenta instead.....it was pretty funny (True story)

:locked: this thread down!!!!

Quarantine Protocol in process!!!!

Poor PFH, I don't think he had 'placenta' in mind when he created this thread..

... which is EXACTLY why we should continue discussing the joys of placentas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back