What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops sorry wrong glasses on. your friend guinea pig

Yes, bec he will be first to eat my cooking like a test lol

I learned this morning that I have to go to the Charleston (downtown) VA hospital tonight for an overnight sleep study. I have to be there from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. I don't normally sleep well at night, so I don't know how restful this will be. But I need to get it over with. Ugh!

I learned this morning that I have to go to the Charleston (downtown) VA hospital tonight for an overnight sleep study. I have to be there from 8 p.m. until 5 a.m. I don't normally sleep well at night, so I don't know how restful this will be. But I need to get it over with. Ugh!

. Here a :hug: to help you sleep better.

. Here a :hug: to help you sleep better.
Thanks, I'll need it.

I don't normally sleep well, and when my routine is changed, I sleep even less. My routine will definitely be changed tonight. Different environment, different sleep times, wearing sensors, being video recorded, different kind of bed, unfamiliar sounds, missing TCS, etc.

Hope it's not too bad and you can get a little sleep. I'm a terrible sleeper too, not fun.

Thanks, I'll need it.

I don't normally sleep well, and when my routine is changed, I sleep even less. My routine will definitely be changed tonight. Different environment, different sleep times, wearing sensors, being video recorded, different kind of bed, unfamiliar sounds, missing TCS, etc.

Can bring your pillow , I know what you mean , I have a hard time sleeping on difference . I really think TCS should be able to come with you so you can sleep better. :aw:

Can bring your pillow , I know what you mean , I have a hard time sleeping on difference . I really think TCS should be able to come with you so you can sleep better. :aw:

Do you think they would give you some sleep aid or would that mess up the sleep study?

Do you think they would give you some sleep aid or would that mess up the sleep study?

That would mess up the test , the doctors want to know what is causing a person to not be able to sleep and it has to be a natural sleep not a drug
induced sleep.

To have night sleep what joy remind me what is nights sleep.it gone one in morning I be lucky if I get few hours from 5am.It doing my head in night after night I tried everything

... Even Rouge planets can have life on it even after a billion years of wondering the universe... Always figured there had to be a heating source :/ but interesting all the same...

No extra pillows allowed. No one can stay in the room once the patient is wired up.

It was a small room with one chair, a sink built into a counter, a wall-mount TV, a twin-size bed, and a small bedside table.

When I went to bed it was very uncomfortable; I could hardly move. Have you seen pictures of people taking lie detector tests? I was wired up like that plus tubing similar to an oxygen piece in my nose, and sensors attached to my upper lip, front of neck, jaw, and eyelid area. I had at least half a dozen sensors stuck on my head (requires two shampooings to remove the gooey stuff). All the wires are attached to a metal box that has a heavy strap on it.

When I had to go to the bathroom, the technician had to detach the box from the wall, and put the strap with the box over my neck. Then, I had to shuffle carefully across the hall to the bathroom. I had to carefully hold all the wires and box while using the toilet.

It also meant that I couldn't just roll over in bed without getting tangled up. Some of the leads were attached to my lower legs.

After getting wired up, I had to lie in bed on my back in the dark. I could have the TV on, low volume, but no reading or cell phone allowed. The technician video recorded me and communicated with me thru a speaker on the wall. Every time I had to use the potty I had to speak loudly to let her know so she could come detach and reattach me.

She woke me up after my final REM sleep period, which was about 6 a.m. TCS was already there because they told him to be at the hospital by 5:30 a.m. (poor guy--it's about an hour's drive, so he was up early).

To have night sleep what joy remind me what is nights sleep.it gone one in morning I be lucky if I get few hours from 5am.It doing my head in night after night I tried everything
:(

Oh Reba, that sounded so not fun. :( What are they hoping (or not hoping) to find in this study?

Oh Reba, that sounded so not fun. :( What are they hoping (or not hoping) to find in this study?
Trying to find out why I can't sleep well. I'm so tired all the time.

Hey, girl, stay outa' my e-mail! :lol: That is a bit frightening.

Got .be spotty 14 year old..I amazed a 14yr old boy and 17 yr old who lives not far from me who brought mob phone company down 4 million people.Worry when one child in his bedroom can do this.
You ok anni I forgotten how to do it now..you just got ask a child and he tell you.
going to be some intrusive laws soon, all emails are going to be kept a year and can and will be interceptive no warrent needed

Got .be spotty 14 year old..I amazed a 14yr old boy and 17 yr old who lives not far from me who brought mob phone company down 4 million people.Worry when one child in his bedroom can do this.
You ok anni I forgotten how to do it now..you just got ask a child and he tell you.
going to be some intrusive laws soon, all emails are going to be kept a year and can and will be interceptive no warrent needed

I don't know what's going on , but as of today we cannot get into our e-mail. The dh will have to get in touch with someone to get it worked out, I have no idea. Grrrr!

No extra pillows allowed. No one can stay in the room once the patient is wired up.

It was a small room with one chair, a sink built into a counter, a wall-mount TV, a twin-size bed, and a small bedside table.

When I went to bed it was very uncomfortable; I could hardly move. Have you seen pictures of people taking lie detector tests? I was wired up like that plus tubing similar to an oxygen piece in my nose, and sensors attached to my upper lip, front of neck, jaw, and eyelid area. I had at least half a dozen sensors stuck on my head (requires two shampooings to remove the gooey stuff). All the wires are attached to a metal box that has a heavy strap on it.

When I had to go to the bathroom, the technician had to detach the box from the wall, and put the strap with the box over my neck. Then, I had to shuffle carefully across the hall to the bathroom. I had to carefully hold all the wires and box while using the toilet.

It also meant that I couldn't just roll over in bed without getting tangled up. Some of the leads were attached to my lower legs.

After getting wired up, I had to lie in bed on my back in the dark. I could have the TV on, low volume, but no reading or cell phone allowed. The technician video recorded me and communicated with me thru a speaker on the wall. Every time I had to use the potty I had to speak loudly to let her know so she could come detach and reattach me.

She woke me up after my final REM sleep period, which was about 6 a.m. TCS was already there because they told him to be at the hospital by 5:30 a.m. (poor guy--it's about an hour's drive, so he was up early).

Reba, you were able to sleep with all that? I can guarantee I'd never be able to sleep at all in a sleep lab. That looks and sounds so uncomfortable!

Reba, you were able to sleep with all that? I can guarantee I'd never be able to sleep at all in a sleep lab. That looks and sounds so uncomfortable!
I know, it doesn't make sense, does it? They want to record how you normally sleep and then make it almost impossible to sleep normally. :lol:

I did get some sleep but I don't know if it accurately showed my normal pattern.

I tell you, they do cover everything. The sensors record eye movement (REM) for dreaming, breathing, pulse, heart beats, jaw clenching/teeth grinding, brain activity, restless legs, talking/yelling in sleep, and moving arms around (striking out).

I know, it doesn't make sense, does it? They want to record how you normally sleep and then make it almost impossible to sleep normally. :lol:

I did get some sleep but I don't know if it accurately showed my normal pattern.

I tell you, they do cover everything. The sensors record eye movement (REM) for dreaming, breathing, pulse, heart beats, jaw clenching/teeth grinding, brain activity, restless legs, talking/yelling in sleep, and moving arms around (striking out).

It is an interesting test, for sure. I'm always amazed that anyone can get any sleep. I've heard of people that had to be dismissed because they were unable to sleep at all during the test, that would be me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back