What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he means we lose an hour of daylight at the end of the day (it gets darker an hour earlier).

That is possible, which is why I asked him to explain how he sees it.

loveblue said:
We really don't gain or lose time. We will gain an extra hour to sleep Sunday because the clocks will be set back an hour (and we lose an hour to sleep in the spring).

Very true, we don't lost anything when daylight saving time ends.

Anyways..... here's something else I learned today. Despite the fact that I hadn't ridden the Albany Park bike trail in many years, I still knew exactly where to go. Surprised even myself doing that.

Anyways..... here's something else I learned today. Despite the fact that I hadn't ridden the Albany Park bike trail in many years, I still knew exactly where to go. Surprised even myself doing that.

I went to a small city I had not been to about year , I knew my way around pretty good but I learned that all the landmarks I uses where gone . I never realize how much I depended on the landmarks to find my way around. That is great you find your way around , I get lost very easy , I didn't when I was younger but I learned I do now that I am older. I am learning there is nothing really 'golden ' about getting old.

I went to a small city I had not been to about year , I knew my way around pretty good but I learned that all the landmarks I uses where gone . I never realize how much I depended on the landmarks to find my way around. That is great you find your way around , I get lost very easy , I didn't when I was younger but I learned I do now that I am older. I am learning there is nothing really 'golden ' about getting old.

Well, as I said in this thread here, if I go out into the suburban areas, what I do is I stick to bus routes and railroad tracks, and I won't get lost, AND I can get back quickly if needed.

It's just like riding a bike. You just don't really forget. :)

It's just like riding a bike. You just don't really forget. :)

Yeah, I know. Last time I rose that particular path was 2008, six years ago. 2008 was also the first year I began riding bicycles again, after a 15-year layoff not riding one (last time prior to that was 1993).

So I was reading the news, and I saw THIS:

duck535.jpg

I was :shock: that I had never seen one of these before. I totally learned something new today.

duck535.jpg

I was :shock: that I had never seen one of these before. I totally learned something new today.

I seen that before when a Boston team win the whole season they ride around in that .

I learned that is doe not matter want you what done on your computer , it will do it anyway. I did not want Window 8.1 but I left my computer on and found window 8.1 was being installed
and I was not able to stop it or turn off my computer. I could not use my computer for almost 2 hours . CRAP! I heard Window 8.1 is worst than window 8 .

I just learned that we have Municipal Court Services at HEB video kiosks in San Antonio. Had to find out for myself. No, I didn't get any traffic ticket. LOL

duck535.jpg

They have those at Wisconsin Dells too. That is about a 5 hour trip from me.

They have those at Wisconsin Dells too. That is about a 5 hour trip from me.

Wisconsin Dells..... isn't that in the northern part of the state? I have never been there, much less Wisconsin itself, although if for some reason I need to, good chance I'd probably end up in Kenosha, as the Union Pacific North line terminates there.

I just got my next Cricket phone bill, and I learned that despite my going over data, the bill is still the same, which is a HUGE relief. Was worried it might skyrocket, but nope.

Wisconsin Dells..... isn't that in the northern part of the state? I have never been there, much less Wisconsin itself, although if for some reason I need to, good chance I'd probably end up in Kenosha, as the Union Pacific North line terminates there.

No, definitely not. It's more in the southern part, almost central. I did a google search for mileage and it's 190 miles. Could you take Amtrak?

No, definitely not. It's more in the southern part, almost central. I did a google search for mileage and it's 190 miles. Could you take Amtrak?

Hmm. Well, there is the Hiawatha Amtrak line to Milwaukee, but I'm not sure how far west Wisconsin Dells is from Milwaukee, though.

Hmm. Well, there is the Hiawatha Amtrak line to Milwaukee, but I'm not sure how far west Wisconsin Dells is from Milwaukee, though.

It appears from a Google Search that the Empire Builder stops at Milwaukee and the Wisconsin Dells on the way further west.

http://www.amtrak.com/empire-builder-train

In the bottom right hand corner of that site it shows stations served by the Empire Builder and it includes Wisconsin Dells (WDL)

It appears from a Google Search that the Empire Builder stops at Milwaukee and the Wisconsin Dells on the way further west.

http://www.amtrak.com/empire-builder-train

In the bottom right hand corner of that site it shows stations served by the Empire Builder and it includes Wisconsin Dells (WDL)

Empire Builder..... that line goes to Spokane, I believe? I know that the Superliner trains leave CUS at least once a day for various designations, and there's also the cost factor involved, too, as those trains cost a lot more than a regular train does. I forgot it actually ends up in Seattle.

Empire Builder..... that line goes to Spokane, I believe? I know that the Superliner trains leave CUS at least once a day for various designations, and there's also the cost factor involved, too, as those trains cost a lot more than a regular train does. I forgot it actually ends up in Seattle.

Seattle & Portland. Splits/joins in Spokane.

Jane, the problem with doing the Empire Builder is that there is only one train each way each day. And currently it's timekeeping is not reliable.

Seattle & Portland. Splits/joins in Spokane.

Jane, the problem with doing the Empire Builder is that there is only one train each way each day. And currently it's timekeeping is not reliable.

Yes, I am aware of the Builder's timekeeping not being reliable. That, and those locomotives have broken down a fair few times, too. And I kinda figured there was just the one. Early morning, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back