What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned that College of Lake County just started offering ASL classes. I was told that they currently offer only ASL 1-2, but that is a start.

I learned that News video do not have CC on iPad. My hometown Wane News didn't provider the CC for Deaf and Hard of Heaing. WishTv news don't have CC too. I knew that ABC news, Fox News, CNN have CC on video available. I'm disappointed with news didn't provider CC for Deaf and Hoh people.

Sent from my iPad using AllDeaf

Last edited:
I learned that April 15th is ASL Day. Interesting. CAAG VRS sent me an e-mail informing me so.

Whoo. Mexican crackers has a LOT of salt. Maybe that's not such a good thing. :hmm:, but I love them, anyway.

I learned that I can make people laugh really good. I'll not say anything more.

Found out ASL has a variation of a tongue twister (or should I say hand fumbler?) too! For instance, good blood, bad blood! :ugh: LOL

I learned that someone who I have been friends with for a long time wants to be in relationship with me. I thought he does not want the commitment. I have to tell my date about him so things will not get worse later on. I don't know which one I will pick. :confused:

This was actually for yesterday, but I did learn that even though I was not felling good about my training, the trainer says I am actually doing very well. Vet's office was concerned about one thing and they don't realize that it's normal for a service dog potential or a service dog.

I LEARN that be good idea if train companies read there own train timetables,tooth ache is miserable and I big fat pig,that about all my lessons had today

I learned a valuable lesson today-- watch where I put my fingers, cause one of my fingers got pinched by my bicycle lock and my bicycle chain wheel, and it hurts like #!@$.

Something else I learned today (thanks to a friend of mine) is that I should never use a prepaid debit card to try and buy a new compact fridge. I told him a legit bank card was what he needed, but that's not my problem.

should never use a prepaid debit card to try and buy a new compact fridge

:hmm: So does that mean if you want to buy other things like groceries and gas it's ok to use a prepaid debit card? Why does it make a difference how you pay for a fridge?

:hmm: So does that mean if you want to buy other things like groceries and gas it's ok to use a prepaid debit card? Why does it make a difference how you pay for a fridge?

Because he spent over $100 twice trying to get it, and failed both times, and now they want him to send them proof of the attempted purchases before they refund him his money back. That's why a prepaid debit card should never be used, because you never know if it gets complicated.

Credit cards and debit cards have been used for the past oh, 30+ years and of course there are complications even with those. It's a trade-off really on convenience. It gets difficult carrying around thousands of dollars in your wallet not to mention it's safer if you use a CC; if it gets stolen you are not liable for unauthorized charges.

Credit cards and debit cards have been used for the past oh, 30+ years and of course there are complications even with those. It's a trade-off really on convenience. It gets difficult carrying around thousands of dollars in your wallet not to mention it's safer if you use a CC; if it gets stolen you are not liable for unauthorized charges.

Yeah, I know. He's not exactly experienced at paying for stuff with debit cards like most of us here are-- he doesn't even have his own bank account to begin with-- he has the money loaded into a prepaid debit card at a Walgreens store around town, which isn't exactly smart, because he's using a card from here:

www.greendot.com

Not my first choice.

Smarter choice than walking around with a giant wad of money in your wallet IMO. What else would you have the poor guy do? I'm not gonna point fingers (non pinched fingers) as I don't know his story as to why he doesn't have a bank account. Many people don't- even experienced people and many people do use pre-paid debit cards with hardly a glitch. One anecdote doesn't make a solid case for or against anything.

What happened to him could happen to anyone even a Mensa genius I am sure. Credit cards and anything done digitally like transfers can get screwed up very easily. I have a friend who got charged TWICE on her debit card one month for cell phone bill through no fault or doing of hers-- it was the carrier that did it- what's worse is that they wouldn't even take full responsibility for it :P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back