What did you learn today? Part II

:shock: did it go over?

It went over a little, yeah. Anyway, it wasn't too bitter. My cakes were a big hit with my family. There were 10 mini bundt cakes and now there's just 3 left. I dunno if I will have any left to take back home tomorrow.

I learned that the movie ELF is actually pretty good. I thought it might be stupid, but no it's actually kind of funny.

My favorite cousin was murdered by a roommate.

I'm sorry to hear that. :hug:

My childhood best friend's mother was murdered many years ago. It still boggles my mind that she wouldn't seek death penalty for her mother's murderer and she was the one who found the body.

Actually on November 19 when I was my girlfriend and family for my mother's birthday brunch out the country.

I noticed my sister had some stewed rhubarb, I thought I'd taste because I never tried before.... my sister offered me some. When I come to taste it, my brain light flicked, the memory went wwayy back to my childhood memory. I couldn't believe my eyes, I have tasted this before. I was like ..."hey....wait...." then I turned to my mother, and said 'Hey, I remember tasing this, did my grandmother make these?' to my surprise, my mother nodded, and said 'Yes, your grandmother did, she makes stewed rhubarb all the time for you" I couldn't believe my eyes, I remembered the taste! I have been wondering about that for what.....20 years? :shock: :aw:
So my other little sister had the same with my other sister, didn't want these left, I grabbed and ate it :D

I'm sorry to hear that. :hug:

My childhood best friend's mother was murdered many years ago. It still boggles my mind that she wouldn't seek death penalty for her mother's murderer and she was the one who found the body.

Her mother's murderer died by lethal injection in 1999 though. Her mother was not his only victim.

The guy that killed my cousin had a psychotic break. They were childhood friends and went to college together and also worked at the same place. My uncle and aunt pushed for psychiatric help as they knew the man quite well. He was sentenced to 20 years (I think) at the Psychiatric hospital. He i due for a conditional release this next year I think. My uncle is now gone and my aunt is not fighting his release at all. My other cousins also have no problem with his release. This was his only murder and he has been so heart broken by what he has done.

just learned all of my rum cakes are gone. Guess they were a big hit with family.

Stepped on the scale this morning. Don't want to say WHAT I learned! Ugh.

^^^So did I! Oh wait, that was because I fainted after I saw what it said...

I learned that Starkey Hearing Foundation has bungled up my information and think I receive a $1300 check and want a photo proof of it. I will have to call them and inform them of their mistake. They even spelled my name wrong even though I submitted paperwork with my name on it. FAIL.

Just got off the phone with them, and I was on hold until I was finally able to get to an automated phone line to where I can leave them a message. If they don't respond by Tuesday I am sending them a fax. If they continue to bungle it up, I will just forget it and do with out the HAs until I am able to get health insurance and/or out right pay for it myself. I'm got giving them another $125 non-refundable deposit to bungle up my information. Not only that, it cost me an additional $45 to get the necessary bank records and cashier's check to send to them. Something smells like a scam to me. If it doesn't go through I will contact my audiologist and tell her this is a scam program and to quit referring poor people like me to it. I don't have a lot of money to play around with.

Back