What did you learn today? Part II

For humor -

I just heard it wasn't an earthquake, it was our founding fathers rolling over in their graves.

:lol:

I believe that they were rolling in their graves over the debacle that is Congress. :lol:

I heard it on someone complaint to theme because illegal I reading! i aware it!

I learned that many of my coworkers made the mistake of trying to run out of the building during an earthquake. I and a few others stayed inside the room where the meeting was held and were ready to duck down under the meeting table if it happened again.

Watching the news....several structural damages all over Baltimore City. So glad that my house wasnt damaged at all.

Ugh? Wouldn't you stay under the wood table in case a one-ton roof crush on you? :hmm:

Ugh? Wouldn't you stay under the wood table in case a one-ton roof crush on you? :hmm:

which you prefer - staying under wooden table protecting you from many debris falling down or run outside with many debris falling on you?

reason why they said to stay under table because in earthquake zone, the structures are in compliance with building codes. so you're more likely to be ok under table than going outside. but even in area that rarely gets earthquake... building collapses are not very likely.

Beside, many people have survived building collapses anyway. I rather be under table when one-ton roof collapses on me than being directly under one-ton roof.

I learned that many of my coworkers made the mistake of trying to run out of the building during an earthquake. I and a few others stayed inside the room where the meeting was held and were ready to duck down under the meeting table if it happened again.

Watching the news....several structural damages all over Baltimore City. So glad that my house wasnt damaged at all.

Did your coworkers know it was an earthquake when they ran out?

I am thinking things like notebooks, pens, paper, crayons, coloring books, etc. can be bought from there. No sense in me spending $6-7 for a notebook at Walmart when I can drive three blocks down and get something similar for $1 that will work just as well.

You can sign up for free "Amazon Mom" Prime membership - [ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup/info]Amazon Mom[/ame]

Thanks..I think there were no injuries or deaths at all up and down the Eastern Shore. If so, that's a miracle!

Agreed. I have heard that even structural damage was minimal because of the different nature of the quakes on the East coast as opposed to the West coast. Still, it's a frightening experience for everyone. But that can be dealt with. Deaths are a different story.

I am security pretty hard work hosting It is very lots of best improve! I do effort :)

Don't recall much of the earthquake tremours here in Toronto yesterday. Glad to say the least.
Does seem to bring home-"nature can be terrible" sometimes!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Don't recall much of the earthquake tremours here in Toronto yesterday. Glad to say the least.
Does seem to bring home-"nature can be terrible" sometimes!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I heard it on something earthquake happened something!

Learned some new things about Pharmacy today. :)

Cool.

I was watching Hunger in America on ABC World News. I learned that 17 million kids are food insecure. :shock: 1 in 4 homes not enough food for kids. So sad. I better get vasectomy just to be on safe side. :Ohno: I collect SSDI just to feed myself.

I learned that I'm so nearsighted that I have to take off my glasses to see the fine print. My vision without glasses is 400/20 in both eyes.

I learned that the new single 'Black Out The Sun' by Darren Hayes won't be released until October 2nd, and Australia gets 'Bloodstained Heart' on September 5th. Boo! I was hoping for earlier!

I learned that by filling up bathtubs during a hurricane, you give yourself water for toilet and sink purposes. Interesting.

one table in the multi-purpose room where we had our dept meeting. The principal addressed to us via email that next time, do NOT run out while the shaking is going on. If no desks nor tables, go under the door frames but whatever we do...DO NOT try to escape until the shaking has stopped.

I knew it. My co-workers were telling me that I was wrong and that leaving during the earthquake was the best thing to do. Well, now, they gulped.

Did your coworkers know it was an earthquake when they ran out?

After the rumbling and rolling continued for a few seconds, someone screamed "Earthquake!!!" It caused a panic...

So, the answer to your question...I would say yes but in some ways, no because many of us were in denial at the time. Even myself.

Back