What did you learn today? Part II

I did research your state and it appears to be a very serious drought. Limitations on water usage . I even read, certain areas are very dried and need to be cautious no fires occur.
Yes we're having a level 2 drought right now , everyone lawns look like hay and ponds are drying up . My city web site has posted that there a $50 fine for any outside watering the first time and $100 the second time . This is why I called the water department to see if I could still have a birdbath . If we had a well or pond I could use that water for my birdbath but we don't so the only way I can help the birds and wildlife is to use bottled water and a very well respected member here also suggested doing this.

Yes we're having a level 2 drought right now , everyone lawns look like hay and ponds are drying up . My city web site has posted that there a $50 fine for any outside watering the first time and $100 the second time . This is why I called the water department to see if I could still have a birdbath . If we had a well or pond I could use that water for my birdbath but we don't so the only way I can help the birds and wildlife is to use bottled water and a very well respected member here also suggested doing this.

I can learn from your drought experience. Similar rules apply to homeowners cut down on watering lawns and sprinklers . My state desperately needs rain.

I can learn from your drought experience. Similar rules apply to homeowners cut down on watering lawns and sprinklers . My state desperately needs rain.
I also learned b/c the ground is so dried out and hard the squirrels are having a hard time digging into the ground to bury their food for the winter. I was at the park
and I saw a squirrel running all over the grass trying to find a soft spot to bury a nut. We're getting some rain right now, it's a light rain and this is the kind we really need. I know your state needs rain too desperately too. I hope you'll get some soon. I know it rain in the winter in Ca.

I also learned b/c the ground is so dried out and hard the squirrels are having a hard time digging into the ground to bury their food for the winter. I was at the park
and I saw a squirrel running all over the grass trying to find a soft spot to bury a nut. We're getting some rain right now, it's a light rain and this is the kind we really need. I know your state needs rain too desperately too. I hope you'll get some soon. I know it rain in the winter in Ca.
I hope this little rain you are having helps.

I just learned a few minutes ago that my daughter and son-in-law were in a 6-car wreck. Everyone is fine but their car will probably be totaled. They were sitting in traffic on a multi-lane road when someone pulled into their lane, hitting the passenger side of their car. A couple of the other cars wrecked because their drivers were looking at the first accident.

They had to wait 45 minutes for the police to show up, and two hours total before they could leave the scene.

I just learned a few minutes ago that my daughter and son-in-law were in a 6-car wreck. Everyone is fine but their car will probably be totaled. They were sitting in traffic on a multi-lane road when someone pulled into their lane, hitting the passenger side of their car. A couple of the other cars wrecked because their drivers were looking at the first accident.

They had to wait 45 minutes for the police to show up, and two hours total before they could leave the scene.

Oh wow. :(

Yikes- glad they are ok. My niece was involved in a car accident and made the news where she lives (major university...). She is fine but has been sore for the last week or so especially her leg but nothing severe thankfully. Guy that hit them then hit a house and damaged the structure.

I learned that I should not feel so bad about my garage door vs. spider vs. black eye incident now that I saw that a woman stopped traffic this morning on the freeway because there was a mouse. She was standing many feet from the car and state police had to help get the mouse out. LOL. (Not trying to laugh - everyone has their own stuff they're afraid of, but I can't see myself stopping traffic.)

I learned this there was a 10 car wreck on the freeway this morning :eek3:

I learned that "Back to the Future" part 1,2,3 will be removed from Netflix on September 30th. I am sad to see them go. :(

Oh oh. What did you wish for?
No wishing. Just planning. Looks like the weekend and the location of something I'm thinking about doing is going to work in my favor as something else I'd really like to do may happen on that date and at that location.

It seems the rumor of the activity came out the same day (yesterday) that I was thinking about my plans.

Boy that's got to be one of the most vague travel plans here lol but I respect your privacy. I so hope you have a good time! Hugs :)

No wishing. Just planning. Looks like the weekend and the location of something I'm thinking about doing is going to work in my favor as something else I'd really like to do may happen on that date and at that location.

It seems the rumor of the activity came out the same day (yesterday) that I was thinking about my plans.
And the rumor was true. Yay!

Back