What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

i brought sacred stone by Clive Cussler recently

Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
The Centaur by John Updike

n36735.jpg

Player Piano by Kurt Vonnegut

Vonnegut's first novel, an unforgiving portrait of an automated and totalitarian future, was published in 1952. A human revolt against the machines which control life was arranged by the machines themselves to prove the futility of such resistance. Visionary and unrelenting, this is felt by some critics to be Vonnegut's best and most original novel.

41S5EPSJHTL.jpg

I just bought Deaf Again by Mark Drolsbaugh and Traing Go Sorry by Leah Cohen. Also some books from the Dresden Files (I love those books) and a new ASL dictionary.

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

Escaped convict, Jean Valjean's attempts to become a respected member of the community are constantly put under threat: by his own conscience, when, owing to a case of mistaken identity, another man is arrested in his place; and by the relentless investigations of the policeman Javert.

0140444300.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Deerslayer by James Fenimore Cooper
Edgar Allan Poe: Complete Tales & Poems by Edgar Allan Poe

0394716787.jpg

Moby Dick by Herman Melville
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
High Lonesome: Selected Stories 1966-2006 by Joyce Carol Oates
On the Road by Jack Kerouac
Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson
Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie

9780060501204.jpg

A.B.....Have you actually purchased over 76 books in the past 5 months?:shock:

I buy much, yes. But the reason is that I usually go to the thrift store and find a gem or two. I can't let good (cheap) books pass me by so I buy them. I will read them all believe it or not. I have books galore! :)

Moby Dick by Herman Melville
The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
High Lonesome: Selected Stories 1966-2006 by Joyce Carol Oates
On the Road by Jack Kerouac
Out Stealing Horses by Per Petterson
Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie

wow! i like your taste in books. especially Moby-Dick (I work in a whaling museum, so it's pretty much our Bible...)

This week I went book crazy and bought
Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi (I love True Crime)
Kicking a Dead Horse by Sam Shepard
Six Characters in Search of an Author by Lugi Pirandello
and a travel guide to washington, DC (where I'll be working at the air and space museum.)

-m bee

Ok, promise not to laugh? The last few books I bought were actually Suduko puzzle books. But, on a more serious note, I love mysteries, so any good one will do. Being a Cat lover as well, the Lillian Jackson Braun "The Cat Who...." series is my favorite. Also, some of my most recent additions are the entire James Herriott series. I now am the proud owner of all his books, in hard cover and paperback.

Creative Process in Gestalt Therapy, Six Blind Elephants, and Selecting Effective Treatments; a comprehensive guide to treating mental disorders

turner diaries and hunter by andrew macdonald, mein kampf... and sudoku puzzles

Last edited:
Last night I created a YouTube video where I list ten recommended novels.

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eHU3gdOGv1c&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eHU3gdOGv1c&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Since this is General Chat, I wanted to ask if any of you own online (book related only) videos? If so, please post there links here if you wish.

I have another (besides the one in the previous post) for my favorite nonfiction books- my recommendations. Enjoy and leave a comment or two beneath the vids themselves (on YouTube) if you want. Thanks!

[yt]gRRXVkrfucI[/yt]

Back