What Books Have You Recently Purchased?

The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass
Beginning Writer's Answer Book by Kirk Polking

tindrum.jpg

Hi Dixie and all thriller/crime book junkies, just finished reading good one : COPYCAT by Erica Spindler. american cop serial killer thing with SL twist :)
P.S. AquaBlue, all books on your list are among my favourites - except The Fountainhead, I HATED it!!! A LOT!!!

he he yes! Because we have similar taste :) BUT what about Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier, Bleak House by Charles Dickens, Oranges are not the only fruit by jeanette Winterson, any book by Terry Pratchett?

:squint: what is wrong with that? :squint:

btw, that comic book.. they are for little kids.. arent you little baby? :P

i could argue that reading a book that tells you what all your life decisions will be is really the one for babies.

There is brand new novel, from what I understand, with a deaf character (fictional) called The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski. Maybe you have heard something about it. If so, tell us about it. :)

i could argue that reading a book that tells you what all your life decisions will be is really the one for babies.

NOT TRUE! not only that part.. I mostly study on how they act, what their way of thinking and else.. Dont need to explain cuz u couldnt understand this..

for instance..

You have sun in libra and 7th house, Mercury in 12th house and in gemini,

aspect of planets: sun oppposite moon.. and else else..

get the point? they arent for babies! lol.. they cant read that way.. :P

NOT TRUE! not only that part.. I mostly study on how they act, what their way of thinking and else.. Dont need to explain cuz u couldnt understand this..

for instance..

You have sun in libra and 7th house, Mercury in 12th house and in gemini,

aspect of planets: sun oppposite moon.. and else else..

get the point? they arent for babies! lol.. they cant read that way.. :P
it doesn't sound like you understand it yourself.

if you want to believe your little book holds all the secrets of the universe and can give you a complete profile of everyone born in March, then go ahead.

"sun in libra and 7th house"

"Mercury in 12th house"

"aspect of planets"

wtf mate?

it's called science fiction.

I am about to start to read Lane's book, The Mask of Benevolence. On the cover is the sign for hypocrite. Why that sign??

B869.jpg

I am about to start to read Lane's book, The Mask of Benevolence. On the cover is the sign for hypocrite. Why that sign??

B869.jpg

That is both hypocrite and subjugate. As in, hearing people think they are helpful to deaf people, but really they are keeping them in a lowly status...saying deaf people should be empowered but not really doing it. That's what the book is about, so it makes perfect sense for it to be on the cover!

Recently bought the fifth book in the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, "Soul of the Fire". I started on the first book "Wizard's First Rule" about 1.5 months ago and have been consuming the series since.

It's a very good fantasy series for adults, I wouldn't recommend it for kids.

That is both hypocrite and subjugate. As in, hearing people think they are helpful to deaf people, but really they are keeping them in a lowly status...saying deaf people should be empowered but not really doing it. That's what the book is about, so it makes perfect sense for it to be on the cover!

Okay, okay. No need for exclamations. I just got it wrong that's all. :shock:

Back