What are your favorite hobby?

95mainer

Reaction score
My favorite hobby is photography. You can see me on IG @thecalebnoonan. I have a passion for it!

Video game, hiking, traveling, play football, fitness, racing, camping, chatting :D

This is my favorite hobby. On the net

that should be illegal as it contributes to obesity, sedentary lifestyle, lethargy, heart disease - to name few...

My favorite hobbies are:

Exploring new places in Chicago (With the suburban areas coming next spring)

Bike riding (And pushing my limits while at it)

Photography (I have a G+ account for those)

I also love to travel, as well. One of my favorite things to do on a dull weekend is to travel somewhere, cause I never know where I may end up at. :lol:

In addition to the above, I have rediscovered the art of drawing. That, oddly enough, is what I am trying to define. I am trying to find a style I like (easier said than done, and photography and art styles are quite different)

Last edited:
My Hobbies? Making homebrew beer/Cider, playing and restoring/fixing electric guitars, tai-chi, playing Skyrim, and spending time with my wife and dog :)

I used to build miniature multi tiered garden fountains. I love the water, just another way to bring it indoors. Later I'd like to try a stand alone glass panel to place over a window. :P

My dogs,reading, collecting unusual eyeglasses,.

Collecting unusual wine glasses...crystal....( have too much)....antique shops and buy whatever strikes my fancy....Beachy décor...just purchased 2 hanging pixs of Palm Trees near the ocean.....very "Floriday".

I make quilts; bed quilts, art quilts as wall hangings, children's quilts for an organization that distributes quilts to sick children in hospitals to be taken home when they leave.

I also make wool hooked area rugs.

A few pics of my quilts.

http://s851.photobucket.com/user/sarquilts/media/HALLOWEENQUILT.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
I know a lady who belongs to an organization that makes quilts for hospitalized children and veterans. It's a very noble cause. The quilts are cherished by the recipients and their families. I know of one child that I was close to who received one of those quilts. Sadly, she died and the quilt was buried with her.

Collecting unusual wine glasses...crystal....( have too much)....antique shops and buy whatever strikes my fancy....Beachy décor...just purchased 2 hanging pixs of Palm Trees near the ocean.....very "Floriday".
I like beach decor, too. Mine is more "Lowcountry." :giggle:

I know a lady who belongs to an organization that makes quilts for hospitalized children and veterans. It's a very noble cause. The quilts are cherished by the recipients and their families. I know of one child that I was close to who received one of those quilts. Sadly, she died and the quilt was buried with her.

Reba, it's always so nice to hear reports of the recipients appreciating the quilts we make. We seldom hear directly, just assuming that they like them.

Also, so sad when the children die, I do like the idea of the quilts being buried with them.

I donated quilts to Quilts of Valor too, and many other charitable orgs. Been doing this for 33 years.

:hmm: When I was in school, my classmates and I redid a wooden dining room table. We sanded it, and painted, polished it. It was a 3-month project, but it was well worth it, as the reward was very satisfying. That project has me thinking about the time we built dog beds for a project. Those were fun to do, and I wouldn't mind getting back to woodworking again someday, as I have some neat ideas. Problem is, funding.

Reba, it's always so nice to hear reports of the recipients appreciating the quilts we make. We seldom hear directly, just assuming that they like them.

Also, so sad when the children die, I do like the idea of the quilts being buried with them.

I donated quilts to Quilts of Valor too, and many other charitable orgs. Been doing this for 33 years.

A lady I knew, she quilted quilts, Beautiful!...She also put a prayer inside the quilt before giving them to those in need....her family and g'kids too...Also remember those quilting nets (or whatever they were called) at my g'mothers house...all the ladies would come over to quilt, gossip and drink coffee....

A lady I knew, she quilted quilts, Beautiful!...She also put a prayer inside the quilt before giving them to those in need....her family and g'kids too...Also remember those quilting nets (or whatever they were called) at my g'mothers house...all the ladies would come over to quilt, gossip and drink coffee....

Yes, rockin' robin, those are called frames, the ladies would each have their needle and thread and work a section as they gossiped and drank coffee. When they were done for the day,the quilt in the frame would be covered with something to keep it clean, then they'd work another day til it was done. Usually called a quilting bee.

Nice idea putting the prayer with the quilt.

not many really other than learning programming, fiddling on the 'net (and I'm quite healthy- just slightly over a few pounds and that's been there long before the 'net came along), reading, collecting rubber ducks (actual ones and other forms as well).

Re the quilting- some years ago I heard of "T-shirt quilts" where old t-shirts were incorporated into the quilt (shirts with logos or images). I had wanted to have one of those done for years- still have a bunch of shirts from about ten or more years ago (I think- I don't know what happened to them in this house...:/).

Honestly, sex. But i don't get to devote more time to it. -_-
who would've thunk this was a two way street.

Back