What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know ...

i have it :naughty:
attachment.php

:whistle:

:p:p:p

Back in the good old days...of departments stores, not big box stores, we would go to Philadelphia to Wanamaker's and Strawbridges on Black Fridayas much to see the decoration as anything. Rarely bought anything. Alas, those stores don't exist (the buildings do, just not those stores). At least the organ and light show is still in the old Wanamaker's building (reduced from 9 full floors of shopping to, I think, 6 floors of Macy and not the whole floors, as I recall).
Ohhh I remember Wanamaker's! And Strawbridge & Clothier... :) And Bloomingdale's.. and and... Too many shopping trips I was dragged to on by my mother and grandmother (and sometimes aunt) LOL... the stores were awesome at Christmas time...

Back in the good old days...of departments stores, not big box stores, we would go to Philadelphia to Wanamaker's and Strawbridges on Black Fridayas much to see the decoration as anything. Rarely bought anything. Alas, those stores don't exist (the buildings do, just not those stores). At least the organ and light show is still in the old Wanamaker's building (reduced from 9 full floors of shopping to, I think, 6 floors of Macy and not the whole floors, as I recall).

The ones in St. Louis, MO were Stix Baer & Fuller, Famous Barr, Scruggs Vandervoort Barney. All three were skyscrapers withing a few blocks of each other. The common names were Stix, Famous and Scruggs. I can remember going into St. Louis to shop at all three but don't remember if I ever saw any of the Christmas windows in person as I have slides of them that one of my aunts took at a time when I was of an age where it could be either.

My dad took us to Boston to see the decorations in stores , one was Filene's
and that is long gone. Now we have Walmalt all over the place. YUCK!
The decorations was a lot nicer when I was a kid , now it kind of junky looking.

thinking of how much I hate my job and wishing the opinions letter would just type up the damn letters to the editor himself (geez, there's only 2 today, he's too busy for 2 lousy stupid letters?). bah. I'm cranky.

I am thinking of what movie I wanna watch with my free AMC ticket(s). Of course, finding out if closed captioned movies would be acceptable for Gold Tickets would be wise first.

Guess I'll wait. Looks like I'll need to head to a larger theater to get what I need, and the closest one is in Skokie. I can wait a couple of weeks, if need be.

:hmm: Just realized that using the Metra to go to the Thanksgiving Day Parade next Thursday is NOT an option. Looks like I'll need to hop on the #151 Sheridan at 6:30 AM, and head to State Street, get off there, and then head to Congress, a few blocks south of where I would be getting off at, which would be State and Washington, I believe. Either that or State/Madison.

How are people liking the new NCIS New Orleans ? I am not sure if I like it yet and really do not like the new time for NCIS LA.

How are people liking the new NCIS New Orleans ? I am not sure if I like it yet and really do not like the new time for NCIS LA.
I like the New Orleans show better than the LA one. I think the LA one has jumped the shark. (That is, their story lines are getting too far out.) Just my opinion.

The broadcast times/dates don't bother me. We never watch any of those programs live. We record them all and then watch them without the commercials. Saves a lot of time.

I really like NCIS New Orleans. I am a big fan of CCH Pounder and she is fun to watch as the medical examiner.

My dad took us to Boston to see the decorations in stores , one was Filene's
and that is long gone. Now we have Walmalt all over the place. YUCK!
The decorations was a lot nicer when I was a kid , now it kind of junky looking.

Oh, you just reminded me of one of my earliest memories. We went to visit my grandmother who was living in Boston at the time. We went out to look at the beautiful decorations in those store windows. Remember the animated characters? Oh,my, such a magical adventure. It was also eerie how clear that memory is right now! Ah, nostalgia.
This was 65 years ago when there weren't any fancy decorations in my small town.

Today some people spend thousands of dollars on those light shows that they decorate their homes with, can you say "overdone"?!!

Oh, you just reminded me of one of my earliest memories. We went to visit my grandmother who was living in Boston at the time. We went out to look at the beautiful decorations in those store windows. Remember the animated characters? Oh,my, such a magical adventure. It was also eerie how clear that memory is right now! Ah, nostalgia.
This was 65 years ago when there weren't any fancy decorations in my small town.

Today some people spend thousands of dollars on those light shows that they decorate their homes with, can you say "overdone"?!!

And I sure would hate to have to pay the electric bill . Yes , the decorations were amazing, the dolls moved around , the quality of the dolls and cloths were so much looking then . A lot of those stores are gone , I loved shopping at Filene's basement, people today have no idea what they're missing . I hate how Walmart is hurting all the other stores .

I'm wondering if the electric bill is negligible with LED Christmas lights for the average home. I'm thinking it is......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back