What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only -15 I think, but record my town -63. Usual January temp between -35 and -45.

-63!!!!

oh god, I may be a Canadian but I couldn't live in those temperatures unless it was possible to never go outside all winter! The winter my second baby was born, it was a solid -40 for six weeks. That was really brutal.

Haha! What's the temperature over there? Over here, it's minus 20!

Minus 20!!!!!! How do you survive that?!?!? I know I'm from Singapore n used to it a fair bit warmer but seriously minus 20!! That's just crazy!

-63!!!!

oh god, I may be a Canadian but I couldn't live in those temperatures unless it was possible to never go outside all winter! The winter my second baby was born, it was a solid -40 for six weeks. That was really brutal.

I remember walk school -52 until -54 because busses stop run -52 but school not close until -54. My mom make us walk when busses stop.

Will your new house be bigger?

Yes. MIL has about 980 SQ Feet or around 1000. We will have 1344 Sq Feet.

We will have lots of storage in our closets. At first I was told we would have 10 foot ceilings, but now I find they will be 11 foot. In all closets, he is building shelves with a guard type rail in front all the way up, for storage. Luckily, we have lots of ladders. The ceilings will be that high since the garage already has them like that and he hates to drop a ceiling. HE also feels that with Florida's heat, it would build up in the space above if he dropped it down, and make the whole house harder to cool down. This way, there is less space to trap the heat in the ceiling.

I lose track of who is located where and thus if they are talking about F or C degrees and it makes a noticeable difference!

For me I was talking Fahrenheit (Yes that makes me a wimp sometimes!) :giggle:

I have posted many times that I was learning ASL. WOW, thanks for all the great answers. I like all of them and will be careful. I don't know if I will ever need the BITCH sign. When talking about my female dog I will just sign GIRL to be safe.

thinking of how to pay for the new lenses for my glasses... I could just get whole new set of glasses, but that'd be even more expensive and I just replaced my frames last summer, so new lenses will be fine. But will cost about $206. oy.

I lose track of who is located where and thus if they are talking about F or C degrees and it makes a noticeable difference!

Same here..I just figured anything with a minus sign before the number, it is cold to me.

Thinking about dinner. Fixing a good Pork Loin with tomatoes and garlic.

oh boy this is not your day! First heat now this!

That was on Monday and the water returned by 4:30. The pipe burst while we were all sleeping and we woke up to no water but it was ok since all of us were off from school and work. I went to the gym and then used the shower there.

The heat was on but just not being regulated. My house was just really hot but better than being freezing cold.

Today has been a mellow and relaxing day for me because I was out with friends yesterday and will be going to DC tmw. Need to rest as much as I can before I return to work on Monday.

Minus 20!!!!!! How do you survive that?!?!? I know I'm from Singapore n used to it a fair bit warmer but seriously minus 20!! That's just crazy!

Nope, not crazy, just Canada :)

It's not that bad. I just came back from doing errands (so happy everything I need is within walking distance) and barely felt the cold at all because of the long johns, a tshirt, a flannel shirt, a very thick sweater plus a very thick winter coat with hood. I was actually quite toasty warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back