What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about... am I still a newbie here? When will I stop being a newbie?

I am thinking about all this CI information. Mind boggling. About 95% of the imformation is for parents making the decision for a deaf child. First I am having an MRI next week to see if my brain is ok. Once you get a CI you can never have another MRI. There are so many opinions about both models I do not know how to choose. Plus I have not made the BIG decision, if I will do it or not. I am totally scared about it all.

I am thinking about all this CI information. Mind boggling. About 95% of the imformation is for parents making the decision for a deaf child. First I am having an MRI next week to see if my brain is ok. Once you get a CI you can never have another MRI. There are so many opinions about both models I do not know how to choose. Plus I have not made the BIG decision, if I will do it or not. I am totally scared about it all.

If you need an MRI, they can remove the internal magnet surgically. It's minor.

If you need an MRI, they can remove the internal magnet surgically. It's minor.

Thats good to know, thanks. That was a big problem for me since I have brain issues with seizures. MRI are pretty important with these conditions. I will read some more. If you have any other helpful tips I will br happy to listen.:hmm:

Thats good to know, thanks. That was a big problem for me since I have brain issues with seizures. MRI are pretty important with these conditions. I will read some more. If you have any other helpful tips I will br happy to listen.:hmm:

If that is a concern for you, discuss it with your doctor. You may be able to get some extra MRI scans done now so they won't need to ask for them later. If your doctor thinks you will need a more MRI over the next few years it might be nice to know if you will be needing to remove the magnet that often. Just another factor in your decision making process.

Thanks Cheetah. I am having a MRI this week. He wants to be extra careful because he has never had a patient like me. I had suggested the MRI and he thought it was an excellent idea. Wait and see. I am not in a real hurry. I want to make the right decision for me. I feel I have to be extra cautious since no one he knows has had a CI after Sepsis and PRES.

Thanks Cheetah. I am having a MRI this week. He wants to be extra careful because he has never had a patient like me. I had suggested the MRI and he thought it was an excellent idea. Wait and see. I am not in a real hurry. I want to make the right decision for me. I feel I have to be extra cautious since no one he knows has had a CI after Sepsis and PRES.

It sounds to me like you are a good candidate for a CI. If the surgery is successful you can expect to eventually use the phone again. It will take a couple of years of auditory training, but after what you went through it should be a walk in the park for you. Good luck with your decision.

I'm thinking there's nothing like a hot bowl of chicken and rice veggie soup on a cold snowy day.

We SO need snow here. I worry about a drought here this spring.

My lone crocus has buds already. Think we're having a mild winter?

It must be Spring here!....Had to cut on our AC....beautiful day...and the Pelicans and Gulls are floating out there on the river...hundreds of them....some fishing for their dinner but most just sitting and floating in the water....must be nice and warm....Our kitten's head goes back and forth, left to right watching them...and whenever one comes to land, my doggie starts barking, wanting to get out and chase it right back into the river.....feel sure, one day, one of those Gulls, Pelicans or Geese is gonna fight for the right to sit on the grass and my little doggie is gonna run back into the house with her tail tucked under....:giggle:

I am thinking my hubby will not feel very masculine picking up Marley from the groomer. 4lbs of black fluff with bright pink bows in her hair. haha Then when she gets home she spends the first 20 minute getting the bows out of her hair.

Hey RR does that river have crocodiles?

I am thinking my hubby will not feel very masculine picking up Marley from the groomer. 4lbs of black fluff with bright pink bows in her hair. haha Then when she gets home she spends the first 20 minute getting the bows out of her hair.

Hey RR does that river have crocodiles?

Yeah, it does...So far a mamma and her baby we've spotted....But as I've mentioned before, the gators cannot get out of the river, we have a very high enbankment....still I'm guessing the Pelicans, Geese and Gulls are the Gator's dinner at times.....It's nature....

As for Marley...:giggle:...even our Groomer spend a lot of time on my doggie, bows and perfumed, etc., etc. Soon as we pick her up and she hits the floor,, she starts pulling them out...Ur doggie Marley must be a real cutie at 4 lbs.!..."Anita", a Pomeranian weighs 10 lbs. A little "roly-poly",,but not really fat.

Yeah, it does...So far a mamma and her baby we've spotted....But as I've mentioned before, the gators cannot get out of the river, we have a very high enbankment....still I'm guessing the Pelicans, Geese and Gulls are the Gator's dinner at times.....It's nature....

As for Marley...:giggle:...even our Groomer spend a lot of time on my doggie, bows and perfumed, etc., etc. Soon as we pick her up and she hits the floor,, she starts pulling them out...Ur doggie Marley must be a real cutie at 4 lbs.!..."Anita", a Pomeranian weighs 10 lbs. A little "roly-poly",,but not really fat.

I see lots of stories about crocodiles coming into peoples kitchens through the doggie door. I watched a show about great white sharks, when they bite they have 500 to 600 pounds of pressure. Crocs have 3000 lbs of pressure in their bites. CRAP my hubby just came up to me when I was talking about bites. Scared me!!!:shock:
I talk about Marley all the time. I wish I knew how to post her picture. Is it easy for an illiterate computer person?:hmm:

I see lots of stories about crocodiles coming into peoples kitchens through the doggie door. I watched a show about great white sharks, when they bite they have 500 to 600 pounds of pressure. Crocs have 3000 lbs of pressure in their bites. CRAP my hubby just came up to me when I was talking about bites. Scared me!!!:shock:
I talk about Marley all the time. I wish I knew how to post her picture. Is it easy for an illiterate computer person?:hmm:

Believe Botti would be a big help with the pix....I'm a klutz at it myself.

We don't have crocodiles, just alligators....and a little "love bite" from ur hubby won't hurt...:giggle:

Believe Botti would be a big help with the pix....I'm a klutz at it myself.

We don't have crocodiles, just alligators....and a little "love bite" from ur hubby won't hurt...:giggle:

Botti, if you see this can you tell me how to post Marleys picture. I am a slow learner when it comes to computers. Help please!!!!!

Yep! First, get an account at photobucket.com

Upload your photo. After you finish it will ask if you want to upload more or save. if you save it, you will go to your picture album!

In your album, if you put your mouse over the pic you want to share, (don't click!) a thing will pop up with several different options. Click where it says "direct link" and it will say copied.

Come to AD and open the reply where you want to put your picture. Click on the little picture above the text box that looks like a landscape... mountains, a little sun... and then a little box will pop up. Hit Ctrl and v at the same time, and it should paste text into the box. Click on Okay and the pic should appear. Then type around the pic like normal!

Can't wait to see the doggie!

Thinking this is not my day. I must be too needy or something and it just isn't worth it. Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back