What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday too, Lanapoo!...

Am thinking of my 15 yr. old's foot that he had x-rayed today. He was "grouchy "that I called the doctor to see if there might be anything wrong with his foot...his motto..."No Pain...No Gain"...he's a skateboarder.....and I've banned him from boarding until I get the results of the X-rays in a few days when the Doctor calls.....In 2 weeks, he'll be going to a Skateboarding Arena, hoping to get a Sponsor....he's also had bruising on the bottom of his feet also....has broken so many boards, I've lost count....Doesn't seem like he's gonna get bored with this sport anytime soon, tho'...it's been going on for several years now....:hmm:

I am thinking about my new Cap-Tel phone. We moved it to the table that is just 3 feet in front of me but I can't seem to catch a phone call. Marley, my little dog, jumps a little I guess when it rings but by the time I figure out what she is doing I miss the call. I don't get very many calls on it and I know it lights up when I do. Wondering how other deaf people handle this. Any advice?

:birthday:Lanapoo! Sure hope you are having a great day!

i expected my new Cap-Tel phone to blink on and off brightly so I would know when a call comes in. Apparently it just shows caller id in a small box. I guess that is why I am missing the calls. :-(

Thanks Bott. Do you or anyone you know use this with the Cap-Tel phone? I get so much great information here. I am very thankful :)

Last edited:
Thanks Bott. Do you or anyone you know use this with the Cap-Tel phone? I get so much great infirmation here. I am very thankful :)

I don't speak on a telephone.

I think KristinaB has a CapTel phone, but I don't know if she uses a flasher.

Last night in one of my dreams I was wearing a hearing aid...maybe spending a bit too much time on here.

People need to stop telling me one thing and then another. It's pulling me into different directions, unsure of what to do next.

I need to just... Stop asking people for advice and start figuring all this out on my own.

People need to stop telling me one thing and then another. It's pulling me into different directions, unsure of what to do next.

I need to just... Stop asking people for advice and start figuring all this out on my own.

That is a good self advice. Follow your heart and mind. You know what you need to do, and get it all figured out. You do not need to get reassurance from others.

Hope for the best in whatever your situation is.

Thanks Bott. Do you or anyone you know use this with the Cap-Tel phone? I get so much great information here. I am very thankful :)

This site Hamilton CapTel: CapTel 800i may be of help. There are different sections to click on. Look toward to top of the page.

I do not have the Cap-Tel phone but have used the version that works with their internet site and a regular phone. Have also used that with one smartphone and one dumbphone (of course the two cell phones have different numbers). So, I maybe able to answer you questions but just don't know until you ask.

My signal system at home is used with my TTY, regular phone and the Illinois Relay Service. My TTY and phone (which has a built-in voice answering machine) are chained together from one phone jack. A cord goes from the wall to the TTY; then another piece of cord goes from the TTY to the phone. I have the phone in the chain to use VCO. What I have is so old that I can't find a source for the same thing anymore. But do know that there are other brands that do the same thing. That is, what I think of as a base station plugs into both AC and phone lines. Mine is even in a different room and of course, plugged into a different phone jack. Then a lamp or lamps are plugged into remote receivers wherever in the house you install them. All the lamps plugged into the receivers flash when the phone rings. Some systems also have different flash patterns for door bells, smoke alarm, alarm clock etc.

Here are some sources for alerting systems: SoundBytes: Products for Deaf & Hard of Hearing
HITEC | Amplified Phones | Vision Impaired Products | Telecommunication Products for the Hearing Impaired

Today, I'm thinking about my "precious babycat" (Tori is his name. He's my favorite, so he's really spoiled.) He didn't eat his breakfast, and it's clear he's not feeling well. I'm hoping it's nothing serious, because money is tight (I'll do what I have to do, but it's going to be hard.) I'm also currently dealing with my oldest cat (she's about 19,) who has had a lot of problems lately.

I'm hoping Tori will be OK, but if he doesn't eat tonight, I'm going to have to take him to the vet tomorrow. :(

Jen M.

just thinking about my getting the cochlear implant and wondering what it'll be like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back