What are you thinking about? Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
:aw:Shel, I'm sorry about the job! more :hug:

Kristina, congrats on the loan!

Thanks...I really was very very down about it. I am ok now but I will look for something else at another place.

well, I'll be thinking of you and sending more hopeful thoughts for you in your search!

DS, when u have a chance, I'd like a PM, too...

Anyways, I am behind with news so I see people congrating KristinaB about a loan. Sounds like great news so congrats, girl!

shel90, That's terrible. I'm sorry that you didn't get the job that you wanted. I hope that you will find much better job somewhere that you might not know yet.

Yeah, it is not new to me about the teacher's salary. It is always trouble with the Congress Republicans that like to put the teachers down first and put up highest salary in military. Democrats fully support teachers. It is unbelievable. I know about this political for a long time especially in education.

It would be so nice if people not to spend too much money on shopping and it's better for them to stay with their family and friends which is more fun and have a delicious Christmas dinner that make them feel warm.

think about party tonight!!!!! cant waiting see my family and gift them more present. my friend give me expensive necklace and i mad she spents too much money expensive. not needing spoils me, i loving spents for my family and friend but i not like them spents for me :( i wanting only love and happy good time with people who i loves!

I'm thinking....."who" is brave enuf to Water Ski and ride Jet Ski's on Xmas Eve?.....Just looking out on the River in my backyard....people are out there...brrrrrrrrrr! that water must be so cold!......

Also, thinking about this girl that walked by the river...stopped to pet my dog, I said "Merry Christmas!"...she started talking, so I let her know I was Deaf....she threw up her arms and said..."Oh!...Then started signing, very fluently and fast..."my brother is Deaf!"....So Happy to meet you!...and her brother walked up and his name was Eric....graduate of FSDB in St. Augustine.....They were visiting a relative. Sure made my Day!

Am waiting on my oldest son (20) to arrive....we'll order 2 large Pizzas...then when it gets a litle dark, ride around to view the Christmas Lights around the neighborhood.....come home....and all 3 boys will tear into all the Gifts!

Saving the bottle of Champagne for later!

A friend of mine was asking what other holiday do Jewish people light candles for besides Hanukkah. My friend said there is another holiday we use the menorah for, and I do not remember this growing up. I can only find that the menorah is used only for Hanukkah.

I am thinking, why can't some people think beyond and deeper into things without making judgments. People need to collect thoughts and information before opening their mouths that lead to worse situations.

New York, NY to Sacramento, CA - Google Maps

Friend decided she wanted to see Nashville, being a cowgirl and all... So I re-modified the route for my trip.

Any ideas? Rest stops?

Oh, Nashville will be fun! Try to see a performance at the Grand Ol' Opry, if you can. If not, there are plenty of bars with country-western music down on the music strip. We were there for a few days a couple years ago. Very fun place.

A friend of mine was asking what other holiday do Jewish people light candles for besides Hanukkah. My friend said there is another holiday we use the menorah for, and I do not remember this growing up. I can only find that the menorah is used only for Hanukkah.

The Menorah is only for Hanukkah, but observant Jews light candles on the Sabbath evening (Friday nights) as well. But they don't use the Menorah for the Friday night candles.

I am thinking, why can't some people think beyond and deeper into things without making judgments. People need to collect thoughts and information before opening their mouths that lead to worse situations.

Always a good plan, too rarely put into practice!

My fortune cookie

Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.

My sister is texting me non stop crying about how mom didn't get her anything for Christmas at all. She's miserable and wants to get out of the house. She hates being with my mom.

I went through the same thing. I'm coming back in two weeks to help resolve the situation with mom. Mom is really out of control now. My brother is losing it, too. Why does it have to be me? Right, I'm the oldest child... And only I can fix everything apparently. I've always carried the world's burdens on my shoulders and will continue to do so.

Last edited:
The Menorah is only for Hanukkah, but observant Jews light candles on the Sabbath evening (Friday nights) as well. But they don't use the Menorah for the Friday night candles.

That is what I was telling my friend! But she think she is always right!
I was talking to my older sister tonight and she was reminding me how our grandmother lit the candles on Sabbath evening at our house. My grandmother would put a napkin over head and say a pray. I was too young to remember this. We did not use the Menorah on Sabbath evening. I can remember my dad and his mother, fighting over the chicken rear end ! It has a lot of fat and when they where living in Russia and lucky enough to have a chicken for dinner everyone wanted the rear end as the fat helped keep them warmer!
Thank you Beach girl! I thought I was getting really forgetful for not remembering the 'other holiday' to use the Menorah! I will have to tell my friend !!

My fortune cookie

Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.

My sister is texting me non stop crying about how mom didn't get her anything for Christmas at all. She's miserable and wants to get out of the house. She hates being with my mom.

I went through the same thing. I'm coming back in two weeks to help resolve the situation with mom. Mom is really out of control now. My brother is losing it, too. Why does it have to be me? Right, I'm the oldest child... And only I can fix everything apparently. I've always carried the world's burdens on my shoulders and will continue to do so.

It not always because you're older, it can be because you're the stronger child in the famliy right now. I know that feeling , of being the only around to take care of things. Does your mother have any sisters or brothers you can talk to? I am not sure if your father is still living with you, if he does what is he doing about your mother being out of control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back