What are you thinking about? Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn's observation re:"all colds are stupid"-echoed around the world! Annoying!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I have had maybe 1 or 2 colds in the last 10 years.

thinking about this stupid Spring cold that I am coming down with. Tmw is my work's end of the year happy hour. Dont want to miss it. GRRR!

I prescribre a good strong drink to medicate your cold.:wave:

I prescribre a good strong drink to medicate your cold.:wave:

It started yesterday..I thought it was allergies. Now, I have a nasty cough and serious sinus pressure. I called in sick on Monday from hurting my back. I do not want to call in sick again. :(

It started yesterday..I thought it was allergies. Now, I have a nasty cough and serious sinus pressure. I called in sick on Monday from hurting my back. I do not want to call in sick again. :(

Can't blame you there. Sorry you are feeling lousy. Those warm weather colds are the worst, for some reason.

My allergies have been nuts since the tree pollen is up, but just annoying. They don't make me feel as bad as a cold does.

Can't blame you there. Sorry you are feeling lousy. Those warm weather colds are the worst, for some reason.

My allergies have been nuts since the tree pollen is up, but just annoying. They don't make me feel as bad as a cold does.

Me too -- my allergies are something awful right now. I can go to work and keep a reasonably clear head, but waking up in the mornings tells me I have one fogged up nose. :lol:

It was triggered by my allergies and once it got into my chest, it was all over for me!

Thanks!

You are soooooo lucky! I am so prone to them. I hate it.
You're around kids a lot, right? My ex GF was an elementary school teacher and she said that kids that age really bring on the cold germs.

You are soooooo lucky! I am so prone to them. I hate it.

You're around kids a lot, right? My ex GF was an elementary school teacher and she said that kids that age really bring on the cold germs.

what I can suggest is to take Vitamin C 1000mg everyday and stop stressing yourself out on daily basis. If you go to sleep exhausted and wake up exhausted.... well you'll always get sick.

what I can suggest is to take Vitamin C 1000mg everyday and stop stressing yourself out on daily basis. If you go to sleep exhausted and wake up exhausted.... well you'll always get sick.

I have always gotten colds growing up due to my allergies. I take vitamins daily and I havent been feeling stressed lately.

Loghead, have you decided where you'll go next year? My son will be making the big decision next fall.

I thought he was going to Tech??? Or was that a nephew? I think that was a nephew actually

It could be the kids or my history of getting constant colds growing up.

And to add to this:

Wash your hands frequently.

It could be the kids or my history of getting constant colds growing up.
I heard that you never get the same cold twice. Tons of colds as a kid is a defense against colds as an adult. A healthcare practitioner could better answer this though.

And to add to this:

Wash your hands frequently.

Always do...

Sometimes some people are just more prone to cold than others. I have always had problems with my allergies and ever since I got pneomonia in '99 and again in '04, I have been getting more chest colds than ever. Even while pregnant with my 2nd son, I developed asthma which disappeared after he was born.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back