What are you thinking about? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
which is enough to make it unnecessary to say "i wish things were less complicated" :cool2:

ok how about those this that are aside from most, that small portion I wish was less complicated

Thinking about what I would do with an IBM PS/1 if I still had one. Would it just set aside and collect dust or would I put it to use?

ok how about those this that are aside from most, that small portion I wish was less complicated

lol ok. hope it works out for you in the end.

:D Me too for 3 can't wait... best of luck :wave:

Ehh... Folsom or Sacramento in general isn't that small of an enclave of deaf people or ASL classes (I think). But most people take the first two years of ASL classes to pass college foreign language requirement for college. Theres a lot of community colleges that offer it and all professors I've met at deaf socials are deaf. I had a strange college path- took French and then switched my major cause I sucked at it. Too risky as I wanted to finish in exactly 4 years and didn't want to go to berkely. Now, I see a lot of personal growth and development that could stem from this. Especially as I'm not having a lot of enjoyable social time with hearing people.

ASL could help in other ways in my career as well, as I have expressed interest in advocacy/lawyering or go to Fremont to teach/counsel kids.

I'm thinking that I'd love to be able to jump into parallel universes or alternate realities...It'd be a fun adventure.

I learned quite a bit of "survival" ASL while at deaf camps. I was usually the only hearing impaired kid there. Life was for the better because of that experience. Definetly think of people as a whole differently than I think most hearing people do (grew up in upper-middle class white neighborhood of el dorado hills)

Ehh... Folsom or Sacramento in general isn't that small of an enclave of deaf people or ASL classes (I think). But most people take the first two years of ASL classes to pass college foreign language requirement for college. Theres a lot of community colleges that offer it and all professors I've met at deaf socials are deaf. I had a strange college path- took French and then switched my major cause I sucked at it. Too risky as I wanted to finish in exactly 4 years and didn't want to go to berkely. Now, I see a lot of personal growth and development that could stem from this. Especially as I'm not having a lot of enjoyable social time with hearing people.

ASL could help in other ways in my career as well, as I have expressed interest in advocacy/lawyering or go to Fremont to teach/counsel kids.

Best of luck learning ASL. Soon you'll be fluent!

Studying all the material for an Exam on Monday and how I'd rather just relax with the family instead.....

I learned quite a bit of "survival" ASL while at deaf camps. I was usually the only hearing impaired kid there. Life was for the better because of that experience. Definetly think of people as a whole differently than I think most hearing people do (grew up in upper-middle class white neighborhood of el dorado hills)

All of us hearies aren't all bad

Just submitted my entries for about2croak.com......

Will be interesting to see if I get some right.

All of us hearies aren't all bad

Oh no not at all. I was trying to point out that I have learned a little bit of ASL in an somewhat unusual setting (which should be "fixed" through proper education, at deaf socials, many recommended it) and the added benefit of learning what "equality" stood for compared to what other kids at school went through. I mean going from elementary school where differences were little in race and disabilities those little things became a big deal and made me an easier target of bullying. It wasn't bad but it wasn't fun either. Compared that to deaf camp; many races and socioeconomic classes and you're not the only kid with a hearing problem or shadowed by a special ed teacher. I felt free. It's a curious phonemenom I think. An overall advantage/disadvantage? Not sure? Maybe I'm more independent prone than group/cliche prone?

It's not like I'm quitting the hearing world or leaving my hearing friends or dating deaf women exclusively, it's just I want to more doors of communication socially and professionally.

Thinking about what I could do this weekend that's fun and not terribly expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back