What are you thinking about? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

jillio said:
Oceanblue7 said:
I am sorry, you are in a lousy mood:( I am feeling GREAT! Just did an intense kickboxing class Hyeah!!!:giggle:

I always wanted to take a kick boxing class, but never had the opportunity when I was younger, and am too danged old now!:lol:

Jillio, I have been doing it for years, stopped and back again. Its a great workout to let it all out heehee you will have fun.

I need aim company :giggle:

Last edited:
oh btw - big tip for participant of protest. write down phone # of ACLU lawyer or other lawyer you know on your arm with a marker because if you get arrested, even wrongfully, you will be stripped clean (well of course you'll have your clothes on but your wallet, cellphone, etc. will be confiscated) and you will be taken to a massive holding facility where ya'all may or may not held to 72 hrs (beyond lawful limit) to get processed and ROR.

Trust me - this has happened many times.... including my friends @ peaceful RNC protest in NYC

19th? Monday? hmmmm.... :hmm: Not sure if I can attend but if I do, I'll wear my empty holster :cool2:

and be sure to film me if I get harassed by DC cops! :cool2:

I will wear a second one if you can't make it.....lol

gun restriction. This march's just for an awareness. a wake up-call. Remember Starbuck.

Expand on the starbuck comment pls :hmm:

I don't see anything wrong with gun restriction, sorry.

Australian Govt tightened the gun laws considerably shortly after Port Arthur Massacre. We don't have many crimes involving a gun now.

ah you must have missed the Starbuck thing. here's a link - http://www.alldeaf.com/current-events/76622-open-carry-law-contoversy-gun-owner-cited.html and I'm looking for Starbuck link.

Australian Govt tightened the gun laws considerably shortly after Port Arthur Massacre. We don't have many crimes involving a gun now.
that's fine. it's your country. But our Constitution is very specific about gun. btw - since you don't have many crimes involving guns.... what about knife?

That's false. Australia still have crimes involving guns today.

Australia experiencing more violent crime despite gun ban

Results of the '96 Australian Gun Laws (updated 2009) (GunsAndCrime.org)

What this does is it gives criminals or would-be-criminals the upper advantage of having a gun against a victim who would be even more powerless because guns were restricted or banned.

that's fine. it's your country. But our Constitution is very specific about gun. btw - since you don't have many crimes involving guns.... what about knife?

I understand a bit more now, thanks, Jiro.

Funny you should bring up the knife. A year ago or two, crimes involving knife has increased, unfortunately. UK has this same problem but worse.

I understand a bit more now, thanks, Jiro.

Funny you should bring up the knife. A year ago or two, crimes involving knife has increased, unfortunately. UK has this same problem but worse.

I heard glassing is a big problem among young females in the UK and Australia.

That's not what Delectable said. Read again - "Australian Govt tightened the gun laws considerably shortly after Port Arthur Massacre. We don't have many crimes involving a gun now."

That is her anecdotal experience as an Australian citizen.

What this does is it gives criminals or would-be-criminals the upper advantage of having a gun against a victim who would be even more powerless because guns were restricted or banned.
apparently - it's what her country wants and believes in high gun restriction. not my problem :dunno:

That's false. Australia still have crimes involving guns today.

I did not say that we don't have crimes involving guns anymore. We do, however it's declining.

Crimes committed with guns are mainly criminals from the underworld and some robbers. We have not had another massacre since Port Arthur. Never had a workplace or school shootings unlike the US.

Criminals are finding new weapons to use instead of guns when committing a crime.

We must undergo criminal check and obtain a permit to own or use a gun.

I heard glassing is a big problem among young females in the UK and Australia.

Glassing is something that has occured now and then in Australia. As for whom does the glassing, I'd say it's men or women, no difference.

From what I have read about whenever assault committed by glass is usually done by drunk, angry men.

It seems to me that either sexes are more aggressive by the decade. I mean girls are now into fighting more because it's popular.

Yeah, a decline in society values.

That's not what Delectable said. Read again - "Australian Govt tightened the gun laws considerably shortly after Port Arthur Massacre. We don't have many crimes involving a gun now."

That is her anecdotal experience as an Australian citizen.

apparently - it's what her country wants and believes in high gun restriction. not my problem :dunno:

I saw what she wrote. Did you not read the link?

According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, there was a slight drop in the percent of murders committed with a firearm between 2001 and 2007 (16.0% and 13.4%, respectively). However, the percentage was highest in 2006 (16.3%) and remains higher than the low of 8.9% in 2005. There is no difference in the use of a firearm in robbery: Guns were used in 6.4% of all robberies in both 2001 and 2007.

In 2002–five years after enacting its gun ban–the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime: “The percentage of homicides committed with a firearm continued its declining trend since 1969.”

Even the head of Australia’s Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research, Don Weatherburn, acknowledged that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:

There has been a drop in firearm-related crime, particularly in homicide, but it began long before the new laws and has continued on afterwards. I don't think anyone really understands why. A lot of people assume that the tougher laws did it, but I would need more specific, convincing evidence …

There has been a more specific … problem with handguns, which rose up quite rapidly and then declined. The decline appears to have more to do with the arrest of those responsible than the new laws. As soon as the heroin shortage hit, the armed robbery rate came down. I don't think it was anything to do with the tougher firearm laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back