What are you thinking about? Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hockey! Actually I don't know much about Victoria. I like what I have seen of Vancouver alot. Seems like a great city. They would probably love me too :lol:

Victoria is more unheard of because it's quite a bit smaller, but it's BC's capital city. I've never been to either city, but I've heard Victoria is beautiful.

Victoria is more unheard of because it's quite a bit smaller, but it's BC's capital city. I've never been to either city, but I've heard Victoria is beautiful.

I have an aunt who grew up in Victoria. She says it is one of the most beautiful cities she has ever seen...and since she was in the Canadian Air Corp. for several years, she has seen cities all over the world.

I had been in Victoria in few times when riding ferry from Port Angeles WA. BC Parliament Buildings and the Empress hotel were beautiful! The downtown streets of Victoria BC are decorated with English-style lamp posts and hanging flower baskets that weave colours into the landscape along Victoria streets. Shops and stores are mainly located in well preserved heritage buildings. I will visit there again. May meet Souggy. :)

I had been in Victoria in few times when riding ferry from Port Angeles WA. BC Parliament Buildings and the Empress hotel were beautiful! The downtown streets of Victoria BC are decorated with English-style lamp posts and hanging flower baskets that weave colours into the landscape along Victoria streets. Shops and stores are mainly located in well preserved heritage buildings. I will visit there again. May meet Souggy. :)

It sounds absolutely beautiful. You make me want to take a trip.

I am thinking that days go so fast when you don't want them to and never fast enough when you do!

You see why I am torn about the issue...

Victoria-- great people, great music scene, nice hip young crowd, beautiful and full of outdoors activities...

But... Vancouver has more than half of the province's Deaf population living there according to someone's estimate. :\

Would be nice if the ferries operate 24 hours a day, instead of closing at 9PM.

Victoria-- great people, great music scene, nice hip young crowd, beautiful and full of outdoors activities...

But... Vancouver has more than half of the province's Deaf population living there according to someone's estimate. :\

Get your own boat.

:lol:

Got stranded in middle of a lake once in an alianimum boat and a 30HP engine.

Pretty much like me, fk.

Used the trawler for a while till battery died out. One nice fisherman with all the goods just hauled me to dock. was nice of him.

Really! I had remembered that last ferry for Port Angeles was before 10 pm. I m afraid that killer whales might hit ferries overnight. LOL

Really! I had remembered that last ferry for Port Angeles was before 10 pm. I m afraid that killer whales might hit ferries overnight. LOL

The one for Port Angeles is serviced by a different company.

The transportation services that connect the islands to mainland B.C. is called B.C. Ferries.

Source: BC Ferries - British Columbia Ferry Services Inc. - Experience the Difference

Tsawwassen = Vancouver, Swartz Bay = Victoria.

Code:
Leave Tsawwassen
Leave Swartz Bay
 7:00 am	  	Daily	 	 6:00 am	  	Mar 1 only
 8:00 am	   	Mar 1 only	 	 7:00 am	 	Daily
 9:00 am	   	Daily	 	 9:00 am	 	Daily
11:00 am	   	Daily	 	11:00 am	 	Daily
 1:00 pm	   	Daily	 	12:00 pm	 	Fri & Sun only
 2:00 pm	   	Fri & Sun only	 	 1:00 pm	 	Daily
 3:00 pm	   	Daily	 	 3:00 pm	 	Daily
 5:00 pm	   	Daily	 	 4:00 pm	   	Fri & Sun only
 6:00 pm	 	Fri & Sun only	 	 5:00 pm	 	Daily
 7:00 pm	 	Daily	 	 7:00 pm	 	Daily
 9:00 pm	   	Daily	 	 9:00 pm	 	Daily

Wirelessly posted

quirkylibra said:
I am thinking that days go so fast when you don't want them to and never fast enough when you do!

Yes, its so true.

The one for Port Angeles is serviced by a different company.

The transportation services that connect the islands to mainland B.C. is called B.C. Ferries.

Source: BC Ferries - British Columbia Ferry Services Inc. - Experience the Difference

Tsawwassen = Vancouver, Swartz Bay = Victoria.

Code:
Leave Tsawwassen
Leave Swartz Bay
 7:00 am	  	Daily	 	 6:00 am	  	Mar 1 only
 8:00 am	   	Mar 1 only	 	 7:00 am	 	Daily
 9:00 am	   	Daily	 	 9:00 am	 	Daily
11:00 am	   	Daily	 	11:00 am	 	Daily
 1:00 pm	   	Daily	 	12:00 pm	 	Fri & Sun only
 2:00 pm	   	Fri & Sun only	 	 1:00 pm	 	Daily
 3:00 pm	   	Daily	 	 3:00 pm	 	Daily
 5:00 pm	   	Daily	 	 4:00 pm	   	Fri & Sun only
 6:00 pm	 	Fri & Sun only	 	 5:00 pm	 	Daily
 7:00 pm	 	Daily	 	 7:00 pm	 	Daily
 9:00 pm	   	Daily	 	 9:00 pm	 	Daily

Not BC ferries. other ferries - Victoria - Port Angeles | Schedules~Victoria Express Passenger Ferry
I had rode this ferry.

I m thinking to fly to Portland for my sister this summer or next year. Then may visit Seattle, Vancouver (BC) and Victoria. Deaf event on Vancouver or Victoria???

I m thinking to fly to Portland for my sister this summer or next year. Then may visit Seattle, Vancouver (BC) and Victoria. Deaf event on Vancouver or Victoria???

Vancouver is better. Always something going on on a weekly basis, or rather... several times a week.

Victoria... there's a few events happening every month (dart, bingo, etc), with a few workshops and plays once every few months far as I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back