What Are You Reading Right now?

Right now I'm reading "Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Neffenegger, it's pretty good so far. I just finished "Room" by Emma Donoghue...amazing book where a mom overcomes imprisonment. I'll also recommend anything by Augusten Burroughs, amazing, humorous author.

Thanks for reading,

iacobus

I LOVED the time traveler's wife! have you read it?

I am reading non-fiction right now.

Storms of Silence by Joe Simpson. He is a British mountain climber. He also wrote Touching the Void, which was his account of a near-death experience while climbing in the Andes.

Just finished an Amish story by Beverly Lewis. As much as I love them, I think I will have to stop reading them. They seem to put me in a depressed mood. Don't know why, but, ah well. Had 3 other's by Johanna Lindsay, but I will not read them. After attempting the first, realized, I do not care for this author.

I'm reading three books:
Smoking, Drinking, and Screwing (it's a collection of famous short stories about one or more of these)
Deafhood: In Search of Deaf Culture
and Pillars of the Earth

My favorite books, though, are Harry Potter, the Time Travler's Wife, and many more.

I'm about to start reading that. What do you think so far?

ive read it, from cover to cover some 10 times, for essays and its a good book but its not well structured, but a good attempt to explore the 'more uncomfortable things about Deaf world" but to me, its more comforting and Id very much liken to see this sort of intellectual disgress to continue and be developed to be more than just dreams, but to be actual 'social maturity' of the consciousness in the Deaf world...

but i dont have my own copy, its a bloody expensive book (im still a poor student)

ive read it, from cover to cover some 10 times, for essays and its a good book but its not well structured, but a good attempt to explore the 'more uncomfortable things about Deaf world" but to me, its more comforting and Id very much liken to see this sort of intellectual disgress to continue and be developed to be more than just dreams, but to be actual 'social maturity' of the consciousness in the Deaf world...

Interesting to say the least. What are the uncomfortable things you speak of? Also, do you think these are universal through the many deaf cultures populating the world? I find it interesting that it's written by an Irish Deaf man, but it is becoming a universal text for Deaf studies.

but i dont have my own copy, its a bloody expensive book (im still a poor student)

Man, tell me about it. Luckily the school library has a copy and I can check it out for as long as I want thanks to grad student status.

im reading Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison. i read the rest of the series first tho, except for numbers 4 and 6, i think.

Skulduggery Pleasant a series of young adult books, featuring a detective of the supernatural who happens to be a reanimated skeleton.

not yet I am very not finish attention I need to help better good idea reading everyday your brain understand that is point!

I'm reading Good For the Jews by Deborah Spark. Decent so far, but also a little slow. Hopefully it picks up.

34sfl07.jpg

Magic Spells by Christy Yorke

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Spells-Christy-Yorke/dp/0553578421]Amazon.com: Magic Spells (9780553578423): Christy Yorke: Books[/ame]

Back