What are you doing right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well La revedere is Good bye. Le revere Dragostea is roughly bestow love. Not sure as what he's saying to you is correct. :hmm: What you spelled is correct, it's just if he's saying that... umm... that's weird. Figure he'd be saying I bestow my love, or I bestow love but not bestow love. I think he's saying it wrong... :laugh2:

Actually he hasnt saod it in a while....so maybe wrong phrase? Idk. At least i spelled it right!!!

Well if he were saying it like that, I'd have to guess that Romanian was not his first language. Kudos for him trying though, it's not easy at all. Most people I meet that their second language is Romanian butcher it terribly. I don't think I've met a single person who learned it as a second language that is fluent. I can get what they're saying, but it's usually extremely broken up, chopped and butchered. In Romania, Romanians are taught English at a young age, so most Romanians prefer tourists speak English to them because that's how badly it gets chopped up. Since there is no Language tools to learn Romanian like Rosetta Stone, you have to go off books which are a terrible way to learn since you can't hear how everything is pronounced. This is why people who "learn" Romanian butcher it so badly. :doh: I enjoy that they take an interest and try, however as I said, it's butchered pretty badly by 99% of people who learn it. Hell I even mess up on some of the exceptions in writing letters or something. :laugh2: It's pretty bad when you grow up with something and can still mess it up. :laugh2:

What am I doing? About to toss my phone into the garbage. ntouch mobile suddenly stopped working, and it's time to take a trip to find a reasonable tablet somewhere. :mad:

Update: It's not just ntouch mobile. Other apps, too. It looks like my phone is starting to near the end of its line. Just great.

Some people think shingles are bugs, it is a funny name for it. It is nerve pain due to having the chickine pox as a child.
Shingles can cause extreme pain and very hard to heal. I had patients come into the pharnacy and they were in terrbile pain. Luckily there are some new meds to help. Hope you don't get too bad of a case of them. Really important to get a lot of rest if you can.

Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks..I feel fine except that area on my neck. It seems to feel better this am but I just woke up. Wait and see.

DORMANT ... not door mat that's a mat outside your door to wipe your feet on :P:P:P

I iz a speeling Nazi tonight :laugh2:

It is a word that I hardly use so it is no wonder I spelled it wrong.

Well if he were saying it like that, I'd have to guess that Romanian was not his first language. Kudos for him trying though, it's not easy at all. Most people I meet that their second language is Romanian butcher it terribly. I don't think I've met a single person who learned it as a second language that is fluent. I can get what they're saying, but it's usually extremely broken up, chopped and butchered. In Romania, Romanians are taught English at a young age, so most Romanians prefer tourists speak English to them because that's how badly it gets chopped up. Since there is no Language tools to learn Romanian like Rosetta Stone, you have to go off books which are a terrible way to learn since you can't hear how everything is pronounced. This is why people who "learn" Romanian butcher it so badly. :doh: I enjoy that they take an interest and try, however as I said, it's butchered pretty badly by 99% of people who learn it. Hell I even mess up on some of the exceptions in writing letters or something. :laugh2: It's pretty bad when you grow up with something and can still mess it up. :laugh2:

His uncle lives in romania. But idk what place or what. So the few things he knows is from his uncle.

Re shingles-

I had a case of that back in 1998. I happened to be in programming school at the time (a 'fast track' 7 month program- and most of it was COBOL- gearing up for Y2K lol). Anyway- I was so stressed with one of my class projects. I did have chicken pox as a kid.

Funny thing though- it was on my stomach..and I had zero pain. it ITCHED like a mofo though omg... and this may be a little gross but.. it itched so bad that I actually managed to scratch off one of the blisters intact. ouch. Still have a nice little round scar from it too. I hope never again... ugh... not fun.

I do have a friend my age right now who is going through what appeared to have started as shingles but now is suffering ongoing nerve pain. She's out of work because of it :(.

Oh and I am thinking I better get my butt up and to bed :P oops.

Re shingles-

I had a case of that back in 1998. I happened to be in programming school at the time (a 'fast track' 7 month program- and most of it was COBOL- gearing up for Y2K lol). Anyway- I was so stressed with one of my class projects. I did have chicken pox as a kid.

Funny thing though- it was on my stomach..and I had zero pain. it ITCHED like a mofo though omg... and this may be a little gross but.. it itched so bad that I actually managed to scratch off one of the blisters intact. ouch. Still have a nice little round scar from it too. I hope never again... ugh... not fun.

I do have a friend my age right now who is going through what appeared to have started as shingles but now is suffering ongoing nerve pain. She's out of work because of it :(.

Oh and I am thinking I better get my butt up and to bed :P oops.

You might have had real chicken pox since they were blisters and itchy. This does happen to some people. I've seen a few people who had chicken pox when they were kids and got them again as an adult. Shingles causes severe nerve pain and people suffer greatly from it.

Hmm maybe. The doctor I went to said it was shingles but at that time I don't think there was any formal way to diagnose it other than how it looked (big cluster of purple blisters). MOST shingle seems to be in the area of the side of the body and going around to the back. I'm seeing more and more reports of shingles showing up on other body parts (reports of on the face is the worst pain there is...).

But then again my body is weird- everything on my right side heals crappy and is the worst side for hearing and sight while the left side is "smooth sailing" and the better side (why is it then that I am right handed.. and used to use my right ear for the phone...hm..)

At work in the computer lab, surfing ad:P

Waiting on my car to be repaired....:roll:....too cold to go out today anyway....

You might have had real chicken pox since they were blisters and itchy. This does happen to some people. I've seen a few people who had chicken pox when they were kids and got them again as an adult. Shingles causes severe nerve pain and people suffer greatly from it.

Shingles absolutely causes blisters and itching besides the terrible nerve pain.

And then the postherpetic neuralgia...

I never had any of the childhood diseases. I had the vaccinations and was exposed when my brothers had them, but I never got any of them. Hubby had them all, pretty much and had chicken pox come up twice. First the upper half of body, then 2 years later, the bottom half of body. Our kids are like me, and never had them in spite of being exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back