What are you doing right now? Part II

Unpacking, still. I cannot believe how much we had. We are close to finishing, finally. 4 weeks of this.

Did you get flurries? I got flurries for a short time today.

We sure did. It was kinda pleasant seeing that, but I really want snow, though, but a White Christmas isn't likely to happen, however, as there is a storm system developing that's preparing to strike on the 23rd.

Making a trip to Rogers Park to say hello to friends there. Gonna be back home later tonight.

Watching old English Christmas shows on PBS. My husband is making popcorn, so a good evening all in all. :)

Took 1.12 hours for my youngest to come sit with me. I've accepted that this is how get togethers go now that I can't hear. I'm fine with it, Marley keeps me company.
Know the feeling. I 'wander off' for the same reason. My family rarely notices or if they do they never say anything. I think they figure I would either go off to my room or 'office' to go play on my computer or just sit somewhere and play on my phone (or iPad if I bring it). I won't be that rude at the actual dinner table though but afterwards I'll go off. Sometimes I'll go sit with my nephew when he plays on the game system upstairs at his house- that may be less and less the closer he gets to teen years lol.

Headed back to Uptown, with a good feeling, and hopefully that'll carry.

Know the feeling. I 'wander off' for the same reason. My family rarely notices or if they do they never say anything. I think they figure I would either go off to my room or 'office' to go play on my computer or just sit somewhere and play on my phone (or iPad if I bring it). I won't be that rude at the actual dinner table though but afterwards I'll go off. Sometimes I'll go sit with my nephew when he plays on the game system upstairs at his house- that may be less and less the closer he gets to teen years lol.

This is tragic and it hurts me to read that it is the same sh..story everywhere. The feeling of being there and knowing not what to do whilst people around you are hanging out is indescribable. And, to add injury to insult, they will often say that YOU are asocial and unfriendly. Gosh, I think all that we need after all is just some sympathy..

Remind me of one time when I was at a potluck dinner, everybody was visiting in kitcken. I was tired that day so wasn't in mood to try to keep up with converstation so I went to living room. Sat down to read the newspaper. After a while, someone noticed and came over and started visiting with me. Few min later someone else came over and started talking with him and I ended up going back to reading the paper.

Part of life I guess.

I can so relate. Been there and done that too many times. Earlier this evening some friends came over after attending a funeral. It got so noisy in the kitchen that I was totally lost, so I went upstairs to the loft and started watching TV. I eventually fell asleep in my chair and I don't think anybody even knew. There was a time when I used to get so upset to the point of tears, but now I am comfortable enough to just retreat elsewhere, and my husband understands it. I used to be so self-conscious about it but not anymore.

It is 6 am. I am getting ready to travel two hours to visit my family. I leave at 9 am. I hope the bus station is not packed. I have to carry two garbage bags full of presents, huge suitcase and laptop. It is going to be a hassle. I hope no one steals anything. :roll:

It is 6 am. I am getting ready to travel two hours to visit my family. I leave at 9 am. I hope the bus station is not packed. I have to carry two garbage bags full of presents, huge suitcase and laptop. It is going to be a hassle. I hope no one steals anything. :roll:

Good luck with that trip! :lol:

I know the hassle. When packing up for a home visit down south, I had to be completely ready 24 hours before I was due to leave, because I would usually have to be on the Metra just prior to boarding the Illini (or the Saluki, depending on what I'm told). That in itself is a hassle, making sure I have everything, and still follow Amtrak rules, which isn't easy to do. I can bring two bags, and that's it. Making sure I have everything I need in two bags is quite a challenge sometimes.

Wrapping gifts and daughter and I just finished watching season one of Once Upon A Time.
I am officially hooked!!!!

I know the hassle. When packing up for a home visit down south, I had to be completely ready 24 hours before I was due to leave, because I would usually have to be on the Metra just prior to boarding the Illini (or the Saluki, depending on what I'm told). That in itself is a hassle, making sure I have everything, and still follow Amtrak rules, which isn't easy to do. I can bring two bags, and that's it. Making sure I have everything I need in two bags is quite a challenge sometimes.

You can have two bags AND personal items (backpack, computer bag, diaper bag, etc). Unofficially, you can have as many bags as you can handle.

You can have two bags AND personal items (backpack, computer bag, diaper bag, etc). Unofficially, you can have as many bags as you can handle.

Oh, okay. I did not know that. I always thought it was just the two bag rule. Now I know. :| Next time I head somewhere on the Amtrak I'll keep that in mind-- just don't know when that'll be, though.

Now headed back to Lawrence the same way I came-- on the Red Line. Should be home before 11.

I'm having fun playing around on my new Samsung Note 4. It's taking me a bit to adjust to going from an iPhone 4 to such a large phone but I like it so far. ☺

Back