Wendy's To Lay Off Workers And Replace Them With Machines

Steinhauer

Reaction score
http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/141994792-story

Wendy's plans to install self-service ordering kiosks at its restaurants because of growing labor costs associated to rising minimum wages. California and New York are both raising minimum wages to $15 per hour over the next several years.

The 3rd largest fast-food companies says that it will start installing the kiosks this year. They will be in company owned outlets but individual franchisees will decide on their own whether to invest in the kiosks. They made the announcement during an earnings call this week.

I guess those individuals that want to make $15 an hour at a fast food restaurant will still want that job even when they are replaced by machines.

That's where the real $$$ is .... the guy who figured out how to save labor costs for Wendy's is getting paid more than minimum wage - significantly more.

I will still eat Wendy's burgers .... absolutely no boycotting for >this< American. I am truly in awe of this plan, it will make their food less expensive for sure, and they might actually make it the way I want it too .... those teens never get it right.

just a matter of time...
shanghai kfc has robot workers now too.

did you see the android sexbot scarllat johanson developed by the Japanese?

the future is a sick place.

Oh yeah...most people knew this would happen when the fast food workers demanded $15/hr. for "want fries with that?"....and some College graduates not making $15/hr. themselves.

I will still eat Wendy's burgers .... absolutely no boycotting for >this< American. I am truly in awe of this plan, it will make their food less expensive for sure, and they might actually make it the way I want it too .... those teens never get it right.
Why would you want to boycott it? It's the best thing for deaf people .

I doubt this has been done due to the demand for a 15 buck wage
it has taken years of development to create these things.
far longer then the 15 buck wage thing..

Maybe El Pollo Loco can do the same thing and get something that can get my chicken meal to me quicker that 25 minutes!

of course the fundamental plm with just replacing workers with machines that can do it on the cheap is the same plm that arises and arose when industry and factories left en mass to china for cheap costs leaving vast amounts of unemployed americans in the wake, rust belt cities, large parts abandoned (Detroit), and little work. to be had

cheap cost is good

but there is other issues involved allround

one day most work sure will be replaced by cheap machines

then what?

vast armies of unemployed dudes causing havoc and trouble with little hope or room for advancement in life?

machines can do it better, cheaper, faster.

or even worse...

think it through

of course replacing wives with botwives prob will be the best one of them all....

the sicker it turns they sign

Maybe El Pollo Loco can do the same thing and get something that can get my chicken meal to me quicker that 25 minutes!

You probably don't have to get a robot off their dang cellphone

I don't to Wendy so I am not worried . So people protest themselves right of their job, they'll have to go back to school to get a better paying job.

I doubt this has been done due to the demand for a 15 buck wage
it has taken years of development to create these things.
far longer then the 15 buck wage thing..

That's true, most businesses replace with automation for few decades now, especially most of loggers were replaced with automation in 1990s, many manufacturing jobs were replaced with automation as well. That's long time before demand for minimum wage hike to $15 per hour. In 1950s, there were a lot of good paying jobs but not anymore because of automation and unemployment may goes up in future if there is no job creation for humans to work and the cost of living is increasing in some states, especially California and NYC metro so they have to increase the minimum wage to kick many people off the welfare and able to cover the cost of living.

$15 per hour isn't going happen overnight and it will take phases to reach $15 per hour in next first decade like 2020 or later. The inflation has been climbing up but federal minimum wage hasn't increased since 2009.

I know Trump dislike automation and oversea because it displaced American workers so I don't know about how serious is him.

School/College doesn't always guarantee better paying jobs.

I don't to Wendy so I am not worried . So people protest themselves right of their job, they'll have to go back to school to get a better paying job.

There are many college graduates working at minimum wage jobs because they can't find jobs to meet their specialization and there is no guarantee that going to college will automatically land you with good paying jobs.

There is some jobs that doesn't require college degree that makes decent money. Some jobs with college degree still don't make enough and still leave college debts for many years, even decades. College tuition cost has skyrocketed and the debts grows bigger and bigger that some are having a hard time paying back... many doctors have been going through that now.

Back