Well I went back to my old Audi..ugh.

Hi;

I've had some experiences with Starkey/Audabel dealers. Seems they were territorial and made smart comments about seeing others, etc. When one is nearly deaf, they don't need a complicated HA.

Relief was found when I returned to Mayo Clinic Hearing Aid Shop.

Russ

I had one audiologist tell me he hates deaf people.

You cant trust anyone. Who knows, maybe the hearing aids he sold you were already in stock, and he was trying to clear inventory.

This is why Im looking into purchasing over the internet.

No he only uses starkey and the ones he gave me were brand new on the market.. I wouldnt buy them on the internet. You dont know what you are buying and from who, atleast when something is wrong with mine I can take them in and have it fixed.

Hi;

I've had some experiences with Starkey/Audabel dealers. Seems they were territorial and made smart comments about seeing others, etc. When one is nearly deaf, they don't need a complicated HA.

Relief was found when I returned to Mayo Clinic Hearing Aid Shop.

Russ

for some reasons, I never really trusted Starkey dealers... Maybe because one of my audiologist who gave me a weak digital hearing aid was a Starkey dealer as well as Widex dealer.

I usually got my hearing aids from a Speech and Hearing center

When I first sought out for Hearing Aids after my hearing was bad. I had originally made an appointment with The Hearing Center here. But it was going to take a whole month to get me in for a test, I was waiting until the tinnitus I have got so bad to where I was crying daily and couldnt sleep. So I literally called the first place i found in the phone book. I was very happy with them at first and they are nice people, dont get me wrong. I just think in the long run he really wasnt looking out for my best interest. I was very happy going there until my hearing had kept decreasing and he had the current hearing aids I was in pushed to the max, there was no more room for adjusting. He never suggested putting me into a different one at all. I didnt think it was very professional. Then after the other place I went to closed down and I came back to them he was kind of being arrogant about the NEW products they had that he could have put me in. I was more pissed then anything. The thing I do like about this smaller office and him being a Starkey dealer is the turn around time on everything is very quick. If I need an appointment I can usually get in the same day or next day, if something is wrong its sent out and he has a lot of the same products in stock..

you need to get away from this guy srly even if you have to drive or take the bus to another city, he seems really unethical .

CBE,

I agree with others who have said this is an unfortunate situation. Your story reminds me of an audi I had who treated me in a similar manner. I fired him after several visits, but I know you're "between a rock and a hard place." I wish you all the best in trying to get all of this ironed out and being able to find a good audi you can trust and one who will service your aids. :hug:

Candy, is there some kind of consumer advocate that you can file a complaint with. In Ohio it's the state attorney general. I know getting it resolved will take a long time but but at least you would get some satisfaction. Hearing aids should always have some leeway in case of future loss especially if the loss is progressive and your audy should have known that. Maybe a lawyer would help. remeber, if you don't fight it he'll just keep doing it to others.

In nz there is a company that will sell to the public at wholesale prices.

That includes oction

I think its time that you file a complaint to Fair trading and get them to pay you full or some money back for the aids that werent suitable for you.

Back