wedding veterans....

jena

Reaction score
Did you have a hard time finding wedding sites for your wedding? How long did you take to sign up with each vendor?

I have been engaged for 2 months and STILL NO SITE BOOKED YET!!!!!!! Today my mom and I went to talk to the reception site people IN PERSON and still not booked because it has to be done THEIR way. They said they will send me a package in the mail so I have to wait 10 days for their package to arrive then I have 3 days to decide. Then we went to the ceremony site to hold the date to match the reception site's date and the lady said she would be there in 10 minutes because of lunch or something and she never came back! We were stuck with another phone number which we will never get in touch with her as usual! SO RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're thinking about getting a wedding planner and have her do it for us. We're soooooo frustrated! Mom called me bridezilla a few days ago because I was frustrated and finally she went with me today and now understands how I feel. She called her self a modzilla of the bride.

Tell me about your experiences and what I can do to improve this issue if you have any suggestions.

I'm not married.

Planning for a wedding is no small task. No men, straight, should do it. Have a group of gay men or ladies to help you out. I've been to many weddings and they're all different.

I suggest you to find a place now then arrange everything. Good Luck, Jena.

If you need wedding photographer, I will do it since I am photographer. :) Good luck!

i know what you mean, finding places and times and dates and decent people to deal with is a nightmare. when i finally got sick of it, i had my wedding at home and the reception here. family showed up, i called a judge in to marry us, family helped decorate, they helped with the food, took video and photos (1 video taper and like 4 or 5 people taking photos), then used snapfish to print my photos (very cheap even with shipping cost good quality photos). everything worked out better that way, it was more simple and easier to plan. are you looking to have it in a church or out side? if you willing to have it out side, find a nice park and contact park services and they will accommodate you.

thanks for your inputs :)

so far i have contacted a city park and they're willing to do weddings but the location i picked out only allows ceremonies, no receptions. the reception is the hardest.

i decided to look outside of lexington and found a nice place about 30 minutes from the city. not bad prices either. im waiting for my mom to get home so i can show her.

i have used themusicdifference.com to search for places and they're a huge help.

A suggestion to offer you, jena.

When my husband and I married, we married in a backyard to save costs and keep our wedding intimate. It was very beautiful as well. We wanted to keep our wedding day to a theme that was both beautiful and cost-effective as well.

Tips to share as well, after the Christmas holidays, be sure to hit up the stores for the deep discounts! Grab up the string lights because they make beautiful effects both at day and night.

Don't be afraid to hit the dollar stores for the party favours as well. You do want to personalise your own favours so use the dollar store way, you end up saving a lot of money.

Avoid party favours that cost money and will not be useful like knickknacks, you want a mini-frame that will hold your wedding picture when you mail the "Thank You" postcard later on.

"Thank You!" postcards are the rave now. (Bride & Groom picture on the front with message on back )

Always remember this, it is not your wedding day that makes your marriage. It is the days before, during and after the wedding that makes your marriage.

Don't stress out over the tiny details - it is too trivial. Enjoy the wedding day and take it all in.

Brian and Beth Cross run a Deaf ministry out of Anchor Baptist Church in Lexington. They might be able to help you. Their e-mail is great.escape@insightbb.com. I lived up there for three years until moving back to TX a few months ago. Good luck.

The Deaf community gets together at Fayette Mall food court on the first and third Friday of every month. I may have seen you there. Say 'hello' to Chuck for me. He's the crazy one with the beard. :)

let me know if you need a poetic signer, i have done in several weddings.

all i can say, good luck, Jena.

A suggestion to offer you, jena.

When my husband and I married, we married in a backyard to save costs and keep our wedding intimate. It was very beautiful as well. We wanted to keep our wedding day to a theme that was both beautiful and cost-effective as well.

Tips to share as well, after the Christmas holidays, be sure to hit up the stores for the deep discounts! Grab up the string lights because they make beautiful effects both at day and night.

Don't be afraid to hit the dollar stores for the party favours as well. You do want to personalise your own favours so use the dollar store way, you end up saving a lot of money.

Avoid party favours that cost money and will not be useful like knickknacks, you want a mini-frame that will hold your wedding picture when you mail the "Thank You" postcard later on.

"Thank You!" postcards are the rave now. (Bride & Groom picture on the front with message on back )

Always remember this, it is not your wedding day that makes your marriage. It is the days before, during and after the wedding that makes your marriage.

Don't stress out over the tiny details - it is too trivial. Enjoy the wedding day and take it all in.

You are different. You are old fashioned and went to many weddings and in your own perspective, you do realize that its' not a big deal of the marriage.

Guess what, it is to the girls in Sex and The City. What I'm saying is, it does matter to certain people, because it might be their first and last, it's what they want, and it's an extremely special day because she's giving herself away to a guy forever.

In sickness or in death.

When one of my friends got married, they put disposable cameras on each of the tables and then the guests could take pictures of the bride and groom. It was very unique and less expensive.

Wish there was digital disaposble camera, eh katie2d?

thanks for ur ideas! i liked some of them and might use them!

I finally got my ceremony and reception locations booked. im soooo excited. october 10, 2009 is our big day :) :) :)

im using evite.com for save the day, making my own invitations with paper from Michael's crafts store, and some other stuff too. still have a lot things to think over but i have a year so im not too stressed anymore

thanks for ur ideas! i liked some of them and might use them!

I finally got my ceremony and reception locations booked. im soooo excited. october 10, 2009 is our big day :) :) :)

im using evite.com for save the day, making my own invitations with paper from Michael's crafts store, and some other stuff too. still have a lot things to think over but i have a year so im not too stressed anymore

Take pictures of Jordanna making out with you, Jena, because this is the last time you will be crazy before marrying that tall dude of yours.

lol why do i have a strong feeling you were a friend of ours back in the early days of RIT?

Back