Warning: New Rape Scam!!!

Excuse me, I dont check snopes.com because I never heard of that before. I try to help ppl by saving their lives

Either do I sweetie, don't worry , but be glad that some of us do see where you're coming from on this and *I* do appreciate the helpful information whether it's not true or not :hug:

I'm sorry that some may thinks we all know everything but we don't and next time when this happens we know what to do then...;)

deafmommy, Thank you for share this with us. I agree with you that we will never know if that will happen to us. We can use our wise to be protect ourselves. Please don't worry about what other say.

:werd: I love Snopes!

Every time I get emails like these, I ignore them. If they are sent to me repeatedly, I "reply all" with the link to the Snopes article.

Of course, it pisses the sender off. But then again, they're pissing me off by sending these emails to everyone when everyone could make better use of their time doing something else than being warned of hoaxes like these. :)

I do the same, lol, but not quite so mean. :whistle: I just send to the original spammer. Who usually happens to be my ex... hmmmm.... :rifle:

I am always trying to help ppl but everytime I do that, ppl bite my head off, I do not need that crap!
We're not biting your head off......I guess it just reflects people's frustration towards useless forwards that just clog up your email!
We understand your intention........but now you know not to jump the gun and post something that you're not sure if it's legit or not.

She just trying to warn ppl and try to help them. Sometimes, you are not sure if something is true and not and really don't have time to do the research to find out. She probly got the email and looked and sounded real, so she did the right thing and reposted it too all of us.

Oh its ok DeafMommy everyone should know you meant well. But the thing is anything can happen online. Everyone should be thankful that you care enough to share something like that for everyone:)

I asked for this thread to be closed. It is not worth it anymore.

Sorry about it, *bows out of room*.

I did not get that from snopes.com. I got that from an email that my cousin forwarded to me from her friend. See what I said at the top. It said I got that from my cousin who got it from her friend. That is what I am trying to say.

Dont worry, I wont post anymore. It is not worth it anymore.

DeafMommy,

I didn't ask you for snopes..
In case if receive the emails something like that and to see anything truth or false information to check with snopes.com In case you can check and to make sure.. That's all I'm glad you got email from your cousin. I understand.. Of course I did read on the top what you're stated it. No worries..
*smile*

Excuse me, I dont check snopes.com because I never heard of that before. I try to help ppl by saving their lives but excuse me if I ever try to save your life and something happens to you. Dont come running to me, crying to beg for my apologies. I am always trying to help ppl but everytime I do that, ppl bite my head off, I do not need that crap!

Dont worry I wont post anymore if that makes you all happy. Thank you! *bows out of the room*
Don't let it stop you from posting again in the future. Snopes is just a reference that is often recommended for review before you post something that's not true.

When I make posts, I usually like to double-check the facts first. :thumb:

DeafMommy, thanks for warning us as that showed that you care about us. Even though it was in the snopes.com, but still...never know can happen. I get lots of forwarding emails too from my own mother or friends to warn me to be careful about whatever...what I do is I type the subject headings in snopes.com or truthorfiction.com first to make sure if its truth...if it is, then I sometime forward it to my close friends and my mom too. When I get forwarded email that checked out to be not true in snopes or truthorfiction.com, I let that sender know about it. Most of them were very appreciative of knowing the truth and some forwarded my email back to those that sender sent to.

DeafMommy, please don't stop posting...we think u are very caring person. :hug: Glad you decided to stay on...hoorah!

Back