WARNING about "Myspace" What do you think?

Sunshinelady

Reaction score
recently i got a Email from other deaf friend. he would to say WARNING about MYSPACE. i am a members on Myspace. i know, many deaf ppl are there too. i dont know that should i quit on my acct?

myspace

Very interestin' !! It's a good idea to let others ( ADers ) what they had to say since I know most of them are members of MySpace.

By the way, thanks for bringin' this to my attention ! :)

Ignore him... it is old news...

He can't force you to listen to him and make you close your account on Myspace.

The responsibility is yours to make sure your computer is protected with anti-virus software and anti-trojan software. Make sure your firewall is set up properly and install anti-phising software (look at my signature).

Use FireFox 2.0 for better security. (see my signature below)

surprised that he didn't tell you this but wants you to close your myspace account instead! sheesh!

Yea old news..
btw I'm glad using firefox and alert me mode.. I ignore this.. and move to regluar space.com instead goes "My home site" much more easier access..

Interesting, I'm not even a member of myspace.com but I do agree with Boult here, it's all up to you if you want to remove your account or not....I don't even know who this person is on the video...beside some web sites we may visit does have virus/spywares, never know which sites, so it's important to be sure your computer is protected from virus/firewall software programs...

Good luck on that :) ....

Ignore him... it is old news...

He can't force you to listen to him and make you close your account on Myspace.

The responsibility is yours to make sure your computer is protected with anti-virus software and anti-trojan software. Make sure your firewall is set up properly and install anti-phising software (look at my signature).

Use FireFox 2.0 for better security. (see my signature below)

surprised that he didn't tell you this but wants you to close your myspace account instead! sheesh!

Hey Boult, thank you so much and explain clear to me :) .. of course i ignore him

Its the old news.. Everytime I hear it. It never make me decide to quit myspace.com. I kept ignoring it.

Yep, very old news. He's just trying to scare people into closing their myspace accounts. I am not going to close my account just cause he says so. Fuck that, besides, I know what I am doing and how to deal with viruses and spyware, and I use Firefox myself. Worse scenero, I can just reformat my pc. :roll:

Hmmm... as with the *internet* itself, it's up to each of us to be informed and protect ourselves against this kind of stuff. I've been around the 'net for a good ten years now.. a lot of this type of stuff is basic common sense (don't download blindly) and can be further enhanced by simple browser settings... i have almost all active-x controls set to prompt, and unless a site really insists on using it, i generally click no when asked to run an active-x control. I also have many i.e. options set as disabled.

<shrug> as always, caveat emptor.

Just be careful who you visit on it and switch to firefox. I used to only use IE or netscape to get on Myspace.com, but now, I only use firefox. My computer has stopped freezing up on me now too.

i agree it is old news

but there is nothing wrong to be worry about it but be careful anyway smile

For the 'not-so-fluent' people, What's he saying? ( In General )

But if you have a myspace, it's your own responsibility. Why would anyone want to close a website, just because someone else says something about it?

That is old news, he can't just annouce the news globally...I am from Aussie, and I don't see any problem with MySpace here, i think it's just the problem that Robert A. Morgan, Jr's computer is just an damn small old slow computer that caused his MySpace to crash prehaps? Just ingore him. It's just full of rubbish.

I don't believe about what guy said... That's smell like BS to me...

I had used Myspace so many time and nothing to give an virus, spyware or trojan and never use antivirus for few years.

I don't trust in antivirus softweare but if happen then just recovery this computer.

I don't believe about what guy said... That's smell like BS to me...

I had used Myspace so many time and nothing to give an virus, spyware or trojan and never use antivirus for few years.

I don't trust in antivirus softweare but if happen then just recovery this computer.

Pacman, oh yes! i dont believe it too, what are he saying?.. but that is fine. I dont want cancelled my account. I do have firefox. fine!

In the end of the video clip, he has asked you all to listen to him, but he also mentioned that don't listen to the people who said that MySpace is just fine, blah blah these things, YOU listen to these, NOT Morgan!

Pacman, oh yes! i dont believe it too, what are he saying?.. but that is fine. I dont want cancelled my account. I do have firefox. fine!

Yea, I'm sure that Vista will better one with more security and firewall but I got no benefit with Vista since my video and sound card are old, around 64MB for video card.

That is old news, he can't just annouce the news globally...I am from Aussie, and I don't see any problem with MySpace here, i think it's just the problem that Robert A. Morgan, Jr's computer is just an damn small old slow computer that caused his MySpace to crash prehaps? Just ingore him. It's just full of rubbish.

Yeah, his computer is probably a piece of shit that just died on him and he's just mad and wanted to use Myspace.com as a scapegoat. :roll:

Back