Want to Know More about "Joe the Plumber?" Read This...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Obama's tax policies would not help us. We are self-employed, and we would still have to pay taxes. Also, because many of Hubby's customers might have to pay more taxes, they might also cut back on Hubby's services, so our income could go down.

That's part of bias and lies about Obama's tax plan, even you don't understand about how Obama tax plan works.

If your hubby has small business, usually self-employed as part in small business then your hubby is exempt from facing to pay much higher taxes, unlike larger companies, usually multi-million or multi-billion dollars.

Who are we to judge how people want to spend their hard-earned dollars? How do you know what percentage of money would "hurt" someone? Also, since when is the purpose of income taxes to "hurt" people? Is the government supposed to punish people for earning more money?

The purpose of an income tax system is not to hurt people. However, it is a very real fact of life that it does "hurt" millions by reducing their disposable income at a rate that is disproportianate to their ability to pay it.

Who's judging? I simply stated a fact. If you have a quarter of a million dollars, 7,500 hundred dollars reduces your wealth much less than if you have 100,000.

Is the government supposed to punish those that don't earn more? That is exactly what is happening.

The purpose of an income tax system is not to hurt people. However, it is a very real fact of life that it does "hurt" millions by reducing their disposable income at a rate that is disproportianate to their ability to pay it.

Who's judging? I simply stated a fact. If you have a quarter of a million dollars, 7,500 hundred dollars reduces your wealth much less than if you have 100,000.

Is the government supposed to punish those that don't earn more? That is exactly what is happening.

Good point.

Also, people who purposedly avoid paying taxes should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, whether they are rich or poor.

Exactly what I want to say this to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back